AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-03-2007, 16:55   #511

NAMMY

Registered User
 
NAMMY's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: Benson, England
Fave Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, Kaká
NAMMY is on a distinguished road
Big Names in AC Milan Overhaul

AC Milan are ready to perform a major overhaul of their squad - which will include the dumping of several big names.

Gazzetta dello Sport says Cafu, Billy Costacurta and Paolo Maldini will all hang up their boots at the end of this season.

Also leaving in the summer will be Serginho, Marco Storari, Ricardo Oliveira, Valerio Fiori, Beppe Favalli and Massimo Ambrosini.


Not sure about letting Storari go though.
NAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 06:41   #512

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMMY
Big Names in AC Milan Overhaul

AC Milan are ready to perform a major overhaul of their squad - which will include the dumping of several big names.

Gazzetta dello Sport says Cafu, Billy Costacurta and Paolo Maldini will all hang up their boots at the end of this season.

Also leaving in the summer will be Serginho, Marco Storari, Ricardo Oliveira, Valerio Fiori, Beppe Favalli and Massimo Ambrosini.


Not sure about letting Storari go though.
Of the names listed, I can see both Cafu and Billy (who is definately retiring) leaving. Maldini I think is still 50/50.

Serginho is another I think that's 50/50. Should he return fit and looking like he has a season left in him, I think we'll keep him. Storari I hope doesn't leave, I don't see why he should, though I guess if he stays he'll be second or third choice so it's whether he wants to accept that.

Oliveira I can see leaving if I'm honest, I just don't think he's adapted comfortably into Milan and think he can rightly feel he can get more elsewhere.

Fiori is a definate possibility, even he can't stay on our bench forever. I guess maybe retiring.

Favalli will almost certainly leave, he's done pretty much nothing with us and really don't see why we would want to keep him.

Ambro is a tough one to call. He would normally stay, because he's a symbol and leader in Milan, but really his injuries can't be ignored, never mind that there really isn't a great deal of space in the side for him to play regularly.

I'm not too worried should all these leave though, as with exception to Maldini, none are regular starters and don't provide much for the long term future.

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 15-03-2007 at 06:43.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 05:12   #513

mrvictorward

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Finland, Oulu
mrvictorward is on a distinguished road
Ambrosini and something

I have to bit wonder why is this thing around Amrosini.
He is not going.
He is Coaches favourite.
With 23 appearences this season (13/7/3) I would definetly say he is regular as well.
And I just wonder about why would Storari come and go after half a year....?
Costacurta WILL retire.
Why to speculate on Maldini?
Favalli i dont know but I can see him going.
Why should Oliveira go?
Sister is back in safety so he can start the business.

mrvictorward
mrvictorward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 09:18   #514

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvictorward
I have to bit wonder why is this thing around Amrosini.
He is not going.
He is Coaches favourite.
With 23 appearences this season (13/7/3) I would definetly say he is regular as well.
And I just wonder about why would Storari come and go after half a year....?
Costacurta WILL retire.
Why to speculate on Maldini?
Favalli i dont know but I can see him going.
Why should Oliveira go?
Sister is back in safety so he can start the business.

mrvictorward
Ambro is indeed a favourite amongst the management, and is a leader in the squad.

However, I don't agree he's played regularly. Only Gourcuff and Serginho have played less and Brocchi who is next up from Ambro has over twice the number of minutes played in CL and Serie A together.

Out of around 3330 minutes in CL and Serie A, so far Ambro has played between 500 - 600, not many at all. Injuries have kept his appearances for the past few years (if not more) fairly low, which is precisely why there would be a fair argument to start saying enough is enough. As good as he is, we really can't afford to keep having players injured for half of every season.

Storari was most probably brought in out of desperation, as at the time Dida and Kalac were both injured, and there was no certainty how long before they would return. We can't really afford to rely on Fiori for long, so Storari was most probably brought in case of emergencies. Luckily for us, Dida seems to have returned quite quickly.

Maldini will be speculated on, not just by the fans and journalists, but also the club itself due to the persistent knee injury, which has just flared up again now. It's sad to say, but he may be forced to end his career this summer, even he says that.

Oliveira until now clearly hasn't convinced people he is right for us, despite having talent. I'm guessing he has until the end of the season to prove himself, but right now he as at most our 3rd choice striker, so it's difficult to see him getting the chance to do a great deal.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 19:08   #515

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
The article is from Tribalfootball, so take it with a huge grain of salt.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 04:22   #516

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
Ambro is indeed a favourite amongst the management, and is a leader in the squad.

However, I don't agree he's played regularly. Only Gourcuff and Serginho have played less and Brocchi who is next up from Ambro has over twice the number of minutes played in CL and Serie A together.

Out of around 3330 minutes in CL and Serie A, so far Ambro has played between 500 - 600, not many at all. Injuries have kept his appearances for the past few years (if not more) fairly low, which is precisely why there would be a fair argument to start saying enough is enough. As good as he is, we really can't afford to keep having players injured for half of every season.

Storari was most probably brought in out of desperation, as at the time Dida and Kalac were both injured, and there was no certainty how long before they would return. We can't really afford to rely on Fiori for long, so Storari was most probably brought in case of emergencies. Luckily for us, Dida seems to have returned quite quickly.

Maldini will be speculated on, not just by the fans and journalists, but also the club itself due to the persistent knee injury, which has just flared up again now. It's sad to say, but he may be forced to end his career this summer, even he says that.

Oliveira until now clearly hasn't convinced people he is right for us, despite having talent. I'm guessing he has until the end of the season to prove himself, but right now he as at most our 3rd choice striker, so it's difficult to see him getting the chance to do a great deal.

i think this is a thing alot of fans oversee, the good of the player v.s. the greater good of the team. I think there will have to become a point where the management say enough is enough with Ambrosinis injuries. Ideally we could loan him out and see (like Brocchi). But Ambro has a history of being injured nearly half of every season. What you have to renember aswell that Ambro is being paid, so wheres the logic in paying a player who can only do about half a season at a go. Im not having a go, hes been 1 of my fav players but im looking for the greater good of the team. If your running a team like a business then its not business sense either.

I have a gut feeling that this season will be Maldini's last, if hes knees are hurting him that much then i think its fair for him to call it a day! If Billy is retiring aswell we might see a repeat of the joint Tassotti- Baresi retire.

thing that worries me is that with all this talk of Robinho and Ronaldinho we are still in need of a proven goal scorer. Oliviera hasnt convinced people because he wasnt a consistent proven goal scorer before he came here. Playing in spain and italy is completely different, and most of the time that ive seen him play hes been stupidly selfish. We needed a first team striker who could score a minimum of 16 goals a season in seria A, and contribute alot to the team. This is where were missing out.

And this is why i think he should go, Kluivert scored 6 goals for us, and we let him go. Even Tommason managed 10/12 goals and he didnt play that much
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan

Last edited by Graeme C; 17-03-2007 at 04:26.
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 05:36   #517

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I think Ronaldo looks a fairly safe bet for a consistent goalscorer, and despite the faults of this year, assuming the squad is strengthened for next year, I think Gila will start providing the goods with greater consistency.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 11:45   #518

mrvictorward

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Finland, Oulu
mrvictorward is on a distinguished road
Ambrosini

He proved a point today with decisive goal again.

mrvictorward
mrvictorward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 14:10   #519

Kaka1899

Registered User
 
Kaka1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: La terra della bella gente
Fave Players: Kakŕ, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
did Ambro have a point to prove?
__________________
ALWAYS ROSSO
ALWAYS NERO
ALWAYS A ROSSONERO



San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 14:45   #520

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
I think only to mrvictorward
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 17:55   #521

ac-milan-nr1

Registered User
 
ac-milan-nr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Norway
Fave Players: kaka >> Yoann Gourcuff
ac-milan-nr1 is on a distinguished road
We dont need ronaldinoh are torres are buffen are cannavaro.
milan is milan. we must get young players and make them a star..i am playing for a team in norway. my dreams is to come to ac milan. i try hart.
!!! FORZA MILAN !!!

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 19-03-2007 at 03:34. Reason: don't swear
ac-milan-nr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 19:25   #522

remote2book

Registered User
 
remote2book's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
kool.....i hope u trying hart...make it to milian....dat wlud be smothing
__________________
"It is the team of my heart and colors of my soul"---Cesare Maldini Forza Milan for life

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 19:32   #523

Whoah10115

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2006
Whoah10115 is on a distinguished road
Are any of you guys hoping for a change in coaches?


I would love to see either Rijkaard or Mourinho end up at Milan. And either one could bring over Deco to play in Seedorf's position...Isn't Deco idea in that spot? I honestly think Deco is a better player than Seedorf was in his prime, and he's he would fit in perfectly in that spot. Gourcuff is an attacking midfielder, like Kaka, and I don't see Milan, unless someone with balls and imagination comes (either of the two I named would suffice) would play with two attacking mids unless they played with one striker (Ugly and unlikely).


What about Deco coming in? What about the coaching change? What about Lampard (Sound wierd to me), or possibly (Maybe an easier buy) Maniche of Portugal/Atletico Madrid?
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 21:47   #524

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
The only coach that I would settle for to change Carlo would be Lippi. If not Lippi, then we are best off with Carlo. And please no arrogant as*hole Mourinho. I don't know who this guy thinks he is......god? He has millions on disposal, and yet when a couple of diffenders got injured this winter he wanted to make signings in the winter. He even started complaining about how they won't buy him new players during the transfer window. He blamed that instead of himself and the team. Give me millions to sign Carvalho, Ballack, Shevchenko, Essien, Makalele, Robben, Cole, Ashley Cole, Wright Phillips..........and I'll dominate a league as well. Then again......I forgot.....they are not even dominating anymore but they are chasing Man Utd. For me, Mourinho is the coaching version of Beckham. Good, but nowhere near what people make him look like.

About Deco....I wouldn't mind him comming in but depending on what price. However I believe that we should play Gourcuff in Seedorf's role. We have seen that he can play defence very good and even though he came as an ATM he proved that he can play in a little bit of a drawn position and do the defensive duties. He will be one of the greats in a few years.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 04:20   #525

Pireloke

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Pireloke is on a distinguished road
I had a nightmare yesterday, I dreamt Mourinho was Milan's coach and that he bought Ibrahimovic, then I woke up screaming.
Pireloke is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.