AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-2005, 17:41   #601

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
I am very very disappointed like all of you guys and I don't feel that way because we lost the game but because of the way we lost it. I would like to congratulate Liverpool for a worthy champion must know that a game of football last until the ref blows the final whistle and not a second before that.
With all due respect to Liverpool, however, I am saddened by the fact that after a great first-half display by us, the title was ours to lose and that's exactly what we managed to do in the second half. I see this game as the perfect summary of our whole 04/05 season - we managed to lose the games we seemed destined to win easily for we got into the habit of losing concentration and allowing goals in almost every game we showed to be the superior side by a mile. This final looks to be the "perfect" ending of a disappointing season for one overconfident Milan, disappointing not because we didn't win anything but because we could have won everything and we let it slip away due to our, at times, preposterous behavior on the field.
I am sorry to say it but I guess the Depor lesson wasn't enough for us and so we gave ourselves an even more painful one tonight. I just hope that the players will overcome the disappointment and be back at their best next season, this time charged with more concentration and humility.
To look for heroes and villains is always easy when the cart has been flipped over - all Milan players and coaching staff have to be blamed for what happend this year just like all of them should be praised for what happened over the last two seasons.
Forza Milan !!!
excellent post and i agree totally. I remember when this season started, Debs had made a comment about the gold lettering on the milan jersey and said that that it looked very arrogant and lacked humility. she was absolutely right and it was indiicative of the season. the only player who came out of this storm smelling like lillies is Dida. Not only does he define class but he embodies it and is an example to all.

also nice of gerard to go around the milan players consoling them.
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:42   #602

Sylvia

Registered User
 
Sylvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: The Netherlands
Fave Players: Every Milan player and Roby Baggio
Sylvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
totally agree with everything u said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u probably most rational at the moment cuz we r all depressed and as a neutral fan of both teams u must be thrilled of the great game.
Sorry I can't be thrilled right now, and I think I'll never be thrilled about this match. In fact I will try never to think about it again
Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:42   #603

dcvg

Registered User
 
dcvg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2001
dcvg is on a distinguished road
The ball was touched by a Liverpool defender, I think it was carragher. So it couldn't have been offside
__________________
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

You're never beaten until you admit it
dcvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:42   #604

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoted_dm
You know what? I don't ****ing pity Milan at all after this match. We deserved to lose, because giving up a 3-0 lead means that you aren't good enough to win the trophy. We had the chance to win both the Scudetto and the Champions League this season, and we blew it. And do you know why? Not because we lacked the quality, but because we lacked the mentality. This never looked like a winning season in either competition, and I say it's because the players are too arrogant, too full of themselves. We do extremely well, and then we **** it all up by relaxing too much and thinking that we have won it all before we actually have.
Fully agree with this part of your post.
as for the rest, I think you are a bit angry and frustrated right now and are just letting emotions get the better of you, not that I am blaming you after a game like this one.
Forza Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!! There is always next season
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:43   #605

ariel

Registered User
 
ariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: Novi Sad,Serbia/Florence,Italy
Fave Players: Maldini,Billy,Baresi,Nesta
ariel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong
It is too late to say this. But maybe we do miss Ambrosini today.
it`s like you`ve read my mind,i was thinking the same when sheva had that great chance at the end of the second extra time.I was thinking how great would`ve been a header from ambro.....
__________________
`You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet a prince`
ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:43   #606

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirza salihovic
I can't realise one thing: We have the best defence in Europe and we recive 3goals in 10min.
We played good in 110min, and L'pool had only 10good min. and they won....
That's true. Sad, but true. Dont' forget to give Dudek his due credit for being a clown. He actually fumbled just like Carol did for ManU, only that there was no angel for Crespo to slot it right in. He is definitely a clown, but I am disappointed to see Dida let in too many goals lately. Even Abbiati could have done better. Maybe.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:45   #607

sehnsucht79

Registered User
 
sehnsucht79's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: malaysia baaaaabyyyyy
Fave Players: the old lady
sehnsucht79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoted_dm
Now how do you mend a broken heart?
I wrote this some time back when I was frustrated and some friends contributed the tips but I dont know if it helps. You can try. Tips :

- avoid the media at all costs. AT ALL COSTS. you do not want to see unwanted headlines about your loss.

- get a massage or facial. works everytime. (for girls usually)

- sleep as if there's no tomorrow. Do not get up unnecessarily. Drown into the non-reality because reality sucks.

- avoid opposition fans. AVOID THEM.

- practise smiling in front of the mirror. You need to fake it when you lost.

- watch old tapes of your team's victory. that'll help you feel better.

- go to another team's forums and act like your team is the best in the world ( I wouldnt recommend this one though)

- Play a football game, pick your team against the team who beat you and destroy them 45-0 on "easy" mode (my fav method)

- take out the shotgun and go Juventino hunting

- wear your Milan jersey with pride to work, school, wherever. If somebody stars laughing at you beat the crap out of that person or just show them the finger or "number six"
__________________
VISIT JUVENTUS FAN CLUB MALAYSIA <--- UPDATED
Biar putih mata, jangan putih tulang.
FORZA JUVENTUS! MY BLOOD IS BLACK AND WHITE
sehnsucht79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:45   #608

Sylvia

Registered User
 
Sylvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: The Netherlands
Fave Players: Every Milan player and Roby Baggio
Sylvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvg
The ball was touched by a Liverpool defender, I think it was carragher. So it couldn't have been offside
I think so too! Even a Dutch commentator said it wasn't off side, and he is always against Milan!
Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:47   #609

dcvg

Registered User
 
dcvg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2001
dcvg is on a distinguished road
Exactly Sylvia.

But it doesn't matter anyhow. Crespo scored twice after that and that should have been plenty.
__________________
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

You're never beaten until you admit it
dcvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:47   #610

Playa_Pimp

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Playa_Pimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Cheers

Hate to say it but i told u guys!!

MILAN NEEDNEW PLAYERS
Playa_Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:49   #611

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel
it`s like you`ve read my mind,i was thinking the same when sheva had that great chance at the end of the second extra time.I was thinking how great would`ve been a header from ambro.....
I was more thinking that with Ambrosini we could have provided Kaka more protection he needed. As I said, I only watched teh first 50 minutes until Hamman came in. Kaka was free to do whatever he wanted! I seriously doubt that he was doing the same for the rest of the game, since if he did, we would have won 10-0!!! probably something wrong happened to him, and whether it had anyting to do with Hamman I don't know. And I don't want to watch the game again.

Also, ambrosini seems to me a player that can motivate teammates on pitch, yelling and shouting. And I insist blaming Ancelotti for not making any substitute when we were still at 3-2. WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO BREAK THEIR MOMENTUM. If it stayed 3-2 for another 5 minutes, we would have won at 5-2 or 4-2. My heart is so broken.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:49   #612

sehnsucht79

Registered User
 
sehnsucht79's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: malaysia baaaaabyyyyy
Fave Players: the old lady
sehnsucht79 is on a distinguished road
Well my commentator didnt say nothing bout the ball being touched by a 'Pool player and even after replays I didnt notice it either, I guess I was too immersed in seeing whether Sheva was offside or not. Hmmm
__________________
VISIT JUVENTUS FAN CLUB MALAYSIA <--- UPDATED
Biar putih mata, jangan putih tulang.
FORZA JUVENTUS! MY BLOOD IS BLACK AND WHITE
sehnsucht79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:49   #613

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoted_dm
Now how do you mend a broken heart?
good question. just gutted right now.

anyway, thank you milan for a wonderful season. forza milan always. always.
always.
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:49   #614

Sylvia

Registered User
 
Sylvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: The Netherlands
Fave Players: Every Milan player and Roby Baggio
Sylvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehnsucht79
I wrote this some time back when I was frustrated and some friends contributed the tips but I dont know if it helps. You can try. Tips :

- avoid the media at all costs. AT ALL COSTS. you do not want to see unwanted headlines about your loss.

- get a massage or facial. works everytime. (for girls usually)

- sleep as if there's no tomorrow. Do not get up unnecessarily. Drown into the non-reality because reality sucks.

- avoid opposition fans. AVOID THEM.

- practise smiling in front of the mirror. You need to fake it when you lost.

- watch old tapes of your team's victory. that'll help you feel better.

- go to another team's forums and act like your team is the best in the world ( I wouldnt recommend this one though)

- Play a football game, pick your team against the team who beat you and destroy them 45-0 on "easy" mode (my fav method)

- take out the shotgun and go Juventino hunting

- wear your Milan jersey with pride to work, school, wherever. If somebody stars laughing at you beat the crap out of that person or just show them the finger or "number six"

Great post! I think the first one is the best, avoid all the media!! And avoid 'friends' who are laughing because of this defeat. Just don't talk to them for a week.
Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 17:51   #615

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehnsucht79
I wrote this some time back when I was frustrated and some friends contributed the tips but I dont know if it helps. You can try. Tips :

- avoid the media at all costs. AT ALL COSTS. you do not want to see unwanted headlines about your loss.

- get a massage or facial. works everytime. (for girls usually)

- sleep as if there's no tomorrow. Do not get up unnecessarily. Drown into the non-reality because reality sucks.

- avoid opposition fans. AVOID THEM.

- practise smiling in front of the mirror. You need to fake it when you lost.

- watch old tapes of your team's victory. that'll help you feel better.

- go to another team's forums and act like your team is the best in the world ( I wouldnt recommend this one though)

- Play a football game, pick your team against the team who beat you and destroy them 45-0 on "easy" mode (my fav method)

- take out the shotgun and go Juventino hunting

- wear your Milan jersey with pride to work, school, wherever. If somebody stars laughing at you beat the crap out of that person or just show them the finger or "number six"
Thanks, Sally. That was very sweet of you. Do you have to be a Juventino?? I hate your team so much.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.