AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2005, 19:57   #1

dcvg

Registered User
 
dcvg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2001
dcvg is on a distinguished road
Champions League Final: AC Milan vs Liverpool (ALL-match comments)

Let's talk about the match of the season. What's done is done, this is what it's all about.
__________________
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

You're never beaten until you admit it
dcvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 20:03   #2

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
It is a bit too early, isn't it? Our boys haven't recovered from heavy legs for the big game against dopers, and you already started a thread pushing them back to work again???




I will say that we will see a almighty Milan in Istanbul, we won't let this golden chance slip. But indeed, it is a big too early. We've got to kill the zebras first.

Forza Milan!!!!
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 20:09   #3

dcvg

Registered User
 
dcvg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2001
dcvg is on a distinguished road
You're damn right I am. We got to keep in line with these guys out on Xtratime don't we?
No kidding, I think the next match starts after the final whistle of the previous one. The final is already under way.
__________________
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

You're never beaten until you admit it
dcvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 20:16   #4

sf_esq

Registered User
 
sf_esq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: San Francisco, California
Fave Players: Maldini
sf_esq is on a distinguished road
Cant wait for the match! But, my confidence has been adjusted slightly downward after todays dismal performance. I just hope we don't underestimate Liverpool. They've been the underdogs throughout. I still think Milan plays to win in big matches. So long as we stay healthy between now and then, we're good to go. But, for now, lets !
sf_esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 21:55   #5

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
All season we have been waiting to post in a thread by this name
POST MATCH - CL FINAL - MILAN VS ............ and the blank was filled by Liverpool. Not Barca, not Chelsea, not Juve, not Real Madrid, not Bayern - but LIVERPOOL.

So WELCOME Liverpool fans to this discussion. May the best team win the title in Istanbul and you KNOW that we believe that team will be Milan. However, after tonights display against PSV, who knows
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:19   #6

savicevic

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Malta
savicevic is on a distinguished road
exactly Nadir. the only team that respected the bookmaker's favourites was Milan. so we should be partly happy.

i was thinking, what gear will milan opt for? i think l'pool will go for red, milan white, same gear we used against:

- benfica 63
- steaua 89
- benfica 90
- barcelona 94
- juventus 03
savicevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:40   #7

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Definately white I think. Milan have the superstition about the white "gear"
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:58   #8

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
You know what guys??? I'm happy that we are playing Liverpool. And it is not the reason some people might think it for. I'm glad Liverpool is in not becasue they beat what some may consider a tougher side Chelsea. I'm glad we are playing them because they are truly a Champion's League giant with much history in this tournament as ours. We are after our 7th and they their 5th. It's not Madrid, but guys this is a big game between two big CL teams.
I'll tell you something too. Though I expect Milan to win this years CL title, we all know that Liverpool is a worthy foe to contend with. There is no other team that I actually would be more proud to contend with then this one. Maybe even to lose to. I know it's heresy what I'm saying, but what I mean is that I'll be able to handle to lose to these guys without getting all fricking retarded and all. This one is going to be a very good match with a lot of drama. More so than if we were to had faced Chelsea.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:23   #9

KhRiS

Registered User
 
KhRiS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: MilanMania Forums.
Fave Players: Man with Hand in Pocket feel Cocky all Day
KhRiS is on a distinguished road
My Favorite Teams have made it to the Final, I was hoping for this ever since the q/f draws were made. Forza Milan we are gonna take it no doubt.
KhRiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:09   #10

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
1 last victim left: LIVERPOOL ... LETS GO MILAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!!!!!!

if we win this one, give us 5 more seasons and we can overtake real madrid as the team to win the most CLs ever!
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:12   #11

savicevic

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Malta
savicevic is on a distinguished road
let us start by taking a look at Liverpool's squad

Liverpool FC Squad - 2004-05 Liverpool FC Staff
Rafael Benitez - Manager
1. Jerzy Dudek
3. Steve Finnan
4. Sami Hyypia
5. Milan Baros
6. John Arne Riise
7. Harry Kewell
8. Steven Gerrard
9. Djibril Cisse
10. Luis Garcia
11. Vladimir Smicer
12. Mauricio Pellegrino (cup-tied)
13. Anthony Le Tallec
14. Xabi Alonso
15. Salif Diao (on loan to Birmingham City)
16. Dietmar Hamann
17. Josemi Josemi
18. Antonio Nunez
19. Fernando Morientes (cup-tied)
20. Scott Carson
21. Djimi Traore
22. Chris Kirkland
23. Jamie Carragher
24. Florent Sinama Pongolle (out for the rest of the season)
25. Igor Biscan
26. Richie Partridge
28. Stephen Warnock
29. Patrice Luzi
31. David Raven
32. John Welsh
33. Neil Mellor (out for the rest of the season)
34. Darren Potter
36. Jon Otsemobor
37. Zak Whitbread
40. Paul Harrison
41. Mark Smyth
42. Robbie Foy
Others (on loan to): Gregory Vignal (Rangers), Alou Diarra (Lens), David Mannix (three years on the sidelines - knee injury), Carl Medjani (L'Orient), Bruno Cheyrou (Marseille), El-Hadji Diouf (Bolton W.)

Last edited by savicevic; 05-05-2005 at 08:10.
savicevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:15   #12

savicevic

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Malta
savicevic is on a distinguished road
what one can observe at first glance is that fernando morientes (even though he is cup-tied) is a good luck charm. he was with monaco last time, and the under-dogs ended up playing the final.

he has joined l'pool in mid-season this year following a disappointing period at real, and l'pool, against all odds, manage to go to the final.

let's hope he's just good luck to get you through the semi-final, but then it stops there.
savicevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:41   #13

razoruk

Administrator
 
razoruk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
razoruk
We've been underdogs all season long and I couldn't think of a more fitting side to be contesting the final with than Milan. The one team in Italy I have an affinity for, maybe Debs has rubbed off on me a bit over the years
Sheva Vs Carra should be an interesting contest. All I can say is that whoever wins it will be a fitting winner, and obviously I'm hoping it's the mighty reds.

The last time my team were in the biggest final in club football I was 9 years old, I've waited 20 years for this moment and I am going to savour every moment of it. If we win I'll be over the moon, but I'll also spare a thought for you guys. I'm hoping you'll do the same
razoruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:03   #14

adelina

Registered User
 
adelina's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Prishtina,Kosova
Fave Players: Ac Milan players.
adelina is on a distinguished road
I think that milan its going to win because we are much more prepared than liverpool i LOVE U MILAN
adelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:21   #15

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/4516555.stm
good article here for people who don't know the euro pedigree of both clubs
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:16.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.