AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-05-2005, 22:34   #811

triniman

Moderator
 
Join Date: 09 1999
Location: trinidad
Fave Players: leonardo
triniman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdi
It seems you haven't noticed that there are two teams in Europe that will be stronger than us next season - Chelsea and Barcelona. Barcelona have already signed van Bommel, Chelsea will address their two weaknesses - left back and a striker. Both teams have young squads, great coaches and big budgets. It will be very, very difficult for Milan to recover psychologically from what has happened especially if Berlusconi isn't willing to make the investment needed.

so am i to assume that we will remain the same while these 2 teams grow....we remain stagnant..???

that's foolish look at the team milan has built over the last 4 seasons and come back to me with stats at the players we have had compared to others other teams got and tell me who got the better end of the stick
triniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 22:42   #812

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18373

this thread above speaks volumes. read it...let it sink in. humility, class and respect for the opponents were all out the window. THE POOR LIVERPOOL PLAYERS COULD HEAR OUR PLAYERS CELEBRATE! GEEEEEEEEEEEE! If that won't motivate a dead horse from waking up, i don't know WHAT will!

btw good to finally see your input triniman.

Mehdi, milan will also improve their squad. sheva, will in all probability, be partnered by a new striker.

Last edited by Nadir; 26-05-2005 at 22:50.
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 22:47   #813

dcvg

Registered User
 
dcvg's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2001
dcvg is on a distinguished road
Nadir....I almost spewed my early moring coffee all over the screen

I say find the idiots who were celebrating and fire them right now. All the way from the top down.
__________________
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

You're never beaten until you admit it
dcvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 23:13   #814

ann

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2002
ann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong
Not forget Argentina in 90, France in 1998, and Korea in 2002.

Speaking of penalty shootouts, I can't help notice one thing. No player from Italy or Milan can manage to score that damn ball from spot 2 times in a row!!! Was it a curse?

Baresi and Baggio scored for Italy in 1990, but they failed against Brazil in 1994. Albertini scored in 1994, but he failed in 1998.

For us, Serginho and Shevchenko scored for us against Juventus, but they both failed this time. And how similar! Serginho's opening miss dampened our hope like Baresi; Sheva's concluding miss buried our last hope like Baggio.

As for the only exception, Pirlo, who missed two in a row (boca, yesterday) I have to say that I am a little disappointed in him.

He has great vision and skill; but the problem seems to me is that his personality, his character. He is more like a sweet boy, not a bully. We need physically strong, mentally unchallengeable, bully-typed, ugly-looked people in front of the defense to give us sense of security . Like Rijkaard, Desailly. I remember how easy it was for Desailly to dispossess Barcelona players; I also remember the ruthless clearance in front of our box against Ajax (Van Gaal was so grumpy about that, he immediately immitated Desailly to let off his emotion); Then I also remember how Pirlo was helplessly bullied by Tacchinardi when Nedved faked an injury in the league game which ended 1-1; Maldini had to come to rescue and killed them off for him. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely against the violence on pitch, but I would rather have a butcher-type instead of a student-type in such a crucial zone. Remember Rijkaard? He spat on the face of Voller. He also bravely took the responsibility to shoot the penalty against Red Star in 1988-1989. He said to Sacchi: "Coach, don't let the young guy shoot the ball. (I don't know who that unlucky guy was. ) He can't do it; Take him off the list. Let me do it." And he did it. We cruised past Red Star, the toughest nut in that whole tournament, and then we are all familiar with the 5-0 against Real Madrid, and 4-0 against Bucarest Star. But Pirlo constantly missing penalties (Boca, yesterday) makes me think: is there something missing in his blood that prevents him from becoming another Baresi, or another Maldini??

Just to be clear, I am no Bayman. I love Pirlo, but we just have to deal with that problem to make us truly invincible.
Pirlo scored against Buffon in Italian Supercup 2003, two penalties, one in extra time and one in shootout. He also scored an important penalty against Empoli just after a disaster (0-4depor) last season. It's not in a shootout but equally difficult/important IMO.

He is actually much tougher than he appears to be, if you see how he fights when we are down. The problem is rather physical IMO. The two missed penalties(Boca, Liverpool) are in one case, when he was deadly tired, just like Baresi in 1994.

In fact, I kinda knew he would miss penalty before the shootout. He was almost falling in extra time, it's obvious that his knee was painful. I thought he would come off soon but he didn't, instead he kept running after trying to stretch himself. He could still dribble but his pass/shot/freekick was often below par. It seemed to be very difficult for him to control his foot to curve the ball.
ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 23:21   #815

Dil dil

Registered User
 
Dil dil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: U.S.A
Fave Players: all Ac milan players espacialy Maldini, inzaghi
Dil dil is on a distinguished road
I still can't believe what happend in finel game of champion league
when I was chearing for Milan in first half and laughing I didn't know it
will turn to tear in 2 half I think we were over tursted in 2 half and we
allowed 3 goals form nothing I was recording the game and after 75 mint
I couldn't bear to wich it till the pk. I think and also the sport commenter
that Pirlo pk should be repeated. Sheva was losing his blance from 1 mintue til end of gameI don't
how ancelotti choose him to do finel. I never immagin that Sheva who
give us the champion league after he scord pk be the sheva who was
reason to lose . I t hurt seeing sad Maldini and sheva tear. still I'm
proud of Milan and the all Milan player
__________________
Dildil= N1 fan of Ac milan
and always will be and for ever
Dil dil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 23:29   #816

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dil dil
I still can't believe what happend in finel game of champion league
when I was chearing for Milan in first half and laughing I didn't know it
will turn to tear in 2 half I think we were over tursted in 2 half and we
allowed 3 goals form nothing I was recording the game and after 75 mint
I couldn't bear to wich it till the pk. I think and also the sport commenter
that Pirlo pk should be repeated. Sheva was losing his blance from 1 mintue til end of gameI don't
how ancelotti choose him to do finel. I never immagin that Sheva who
give us the champion league after he scord pk be the sheva who was
reason to lose . I t hurt seeing sad Maldini and sheva tear. still I'm
proud of Milan and the all Milan player
Maybe your views would change A LOT when you read the following link provided by Nadir a couple of posts before:
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18373
Given this is true, it perfectly explains everything that took place last night.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 01:25   #817

Sheva7_Evo

Registered User
 
Sheva7_Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Zidane & Kewell
Sheva7_Evo is an unknown quantity at this point
if we were really celebrating at half time...we deserve to lose.
Sheva7_Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 01:31   #818

heidi azalea

Registered User
 
heidi azalea's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
heidi azalea will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadir

2004/05 - Milan vs Liverpool
2002/03 - Milan vs Juventus (WON)
1994/95 - Milan vs AFC Ajax
1993/94 - Milan vs FC Barcelona (WON)
1992/93 - Milan vs Olympique de Marseille
1989/90 - Milan vs SL Benfica (WON)
1988/89 - Milan vs CSA Steaua Bucuresti (WON)


and furthur back in history

1968/69 - Milan vs AFC Ajax (WON)
1962/63 - Milan vs SL Benfica (WON)
1957/58 - Milan vs Real Madrid
Hmmm..... when I saw the list of our finale above, it's reminds me of Planet Venus's transit the Sun or Comet Halley come close to Earth event.
Those questions ever pondered in my mind is :
1. is Milan's victory sounds periodical like the positions of Astronomical objects ?????


Another interesting post from another thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMeTrIo
The last time a Pope died before this year was back in 1978. Juventus won the Scudetto back then as they have this time around. This season’s Italian Cup finalists Inter lifted the Coppa Italia, while Liverpool were crowned European champions…

Ewwwww, I'm not a superstitious person. But the statement above is strange, scary but true.
In another thread, I read abt how Milan players celebrated the 3-0 halftime euphoria in the dressing room, and how that kinda absent-minded attitude motivated Liverpool to destroy Milan. Crazy !!!!!!
I can't accept this kinda attitude happened among professionals.
But I since know that Milan was my love destiny for me, I'll not saying, "Plz do change". I'm so sure they'll change one day. Hopefully soon. Either it's in natural or radical way.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram
in the prolongations, L'pool played old fashion italian catenaccio. They relied on the pen's, Milan should have believed more in victory then. Why not change Gattuso for Rui Costa (or other player) sooner then ? L'pool didn't even try to go forward in the prolongations ... It's simple, the best team lost, but if you give away a 3-goal lead so easily ... like i've already said, i think some players are still mentally not good in some situations, after the Depor-disaster ... It is not normal that Milan that is 3-0 ahead gives away the victory ...

I was surprised that Carletto also not using Rui Costa. I was expected Rui Costa to come in after 3-2 score, but no him at all. He's damn good in Xtra time ( like he was showing in Euro 2004 against England ).Honestly saying, watching Hitchcock's classic or any horror film is less eerie comparing to watching 3 goal conceaded in 6 mins.
Abt Pirlo, I keep the agreement with XuDong, Pirlo always got bullied in the pitch for his reserve ( he didn't show his annoyance and his complaint over Dudek ) and good-boy character. Even Pires, Robert Pires is more a bully than Pirlo does.
Anyway, I respect Pirlo very much. I felt sorry for him.
Abt Milan attitude, to recover from it is no need to change coaches but to motivate everyone, from players to CEO. The mentality should be shifted. A good motivational sessions monthly or weekly or twice a week is important as good training- seminars, therapy, or counseling to clear up and release any remaining emotional issues. It's weird to say it here, but I found out it's worked, after I read Robert Pires's book abt himself and how he got recovered from his emotional issues at LOM and got back his sharp instinct and best performance.
And I'm also be glad if diciplinary got restrict again in Milan camp.
__________________

"I am not really a strong fans of anything (even Doraemon), as physicist like me tends to take thing with a casual heart and with less 'feeling'. "
-T.L.Yoon-

http://alinehumaira.multiply.com
http://alinehumaira.blogdrive.com
WOMAN ! WITHOUT HER, MAN IS NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!


MilanMania : Relax, Respect, Respond

Our responsible is to make ourselves better and others happier. PEACE ON EARTH !

Last edited by heidi azalea; 27-05-2005 at 01:49.
heidi azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 01:34   #819

Hitman

Registered User
 
Hitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2000
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Nesta, Maldini, Kaka
Hitman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by triniman
This game was destiny.....plain as day.....

we played for 114 seconds......we played hard and we played well......but those 3 mins it seemed like a spirit took over the field...for those minutes our team was overwhelmed....nothing more about it.....i good header....a great shot and a lucky second attempt at a penalty....follow that with a bad offside call and sheva missing the game winner with 2 minutes left with 2 chances....

it was not meant to be our people...we have to accept it...

i realise that things like this are hard to acceot...but it's how it was to be and it happened....we lost...they won....not becuase we played badly...just becuase it was meant to be.....let's pick up the pieces and move on from here\

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!

***************
This is exactly my words... Cannot be said any more clear than that!
__________________
Milan is the best there is, the best there was - and the best that there will be!!
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 02:46   #820

ACM

Senior Member
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2000
ACM is on a distinguished road
I have been watching Milan play for a few decades now.

The way in which we lost is hard to believe, but in all honesty, I predicted a Liverpool win.

Milan's run-up to the final was very similar to that of the 1993 final against Marseille and to some extent, the final against Ajax in 1995.

Milan lost its rythm long before this match, especially in midfield and defence. Both physical & mental tiredness has cost us dearly.

The constant flow of injuries throughout the season has prevented Ancelotti from rotating like he would of liked, but it is also true that Milan need an injection of new players, both first rank and reserve to keep our status and improve on it.

Maybe I'm being arrogant, but Milan have thrown away the Champions league Crown two seasons in a row.

Also, to the hardcore Milanista, this group of players will not get the respect of our previous power teams until we win these type of finals within the 90 minutes, and not have to resort to penalties.


Forza Milan
__________________
We Are Superior . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .There has ONLY ever been ONE team in Milan!

Fossa-Commandos Tigre-Brigate Rossonere-Alternativa Rossonera-Panthers Milan

.............................................. www.planetmilan.com ..............................................

.....If you believe in the light, it's because of obscurity, if you believe in happiness it's because of unhappiness, if you believe in God, then you have to believe in the Devil.....
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 04:03   #821

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Well I promised myself not to be online during and shortly after the game. So here I am back to say my peace and then to eagerly move on to next years season. Though we were the odds on favorites I had kept this feeling to myself, that is to say, nothing is or will be a gurantee and that if we do not win, I will be comfortable with it. I also have to say that even though the results were not what any of us Milanisti had wanted, I'm not hampered or ashamed to say that this match was "spectacular". Spectacular that our captain scored in the 1' of the game. Spectacular that we led the game 3-0 at halftime. Nothing short of a miracle, it was spectacular to see Liverpool play the best 6 minutes of football I have not seen in decades. Spectacular in the last minute of overtime Dudeks miracle save against Sheva's header and followup from the goal line. Spectacular that our best penalty takers missed their PK. SPectacular that Liverpool won after the greatest of odds! I am proud to be a Milan Fan and by taking the high road and being at ease after last nights results, I have to give my utmost congratulatoins to Liverpool and their fans. If there was any team I was comfortable to losing to, it was this team.

I can understand if my fellow Milanisti are upset and it's natural for some of us to despair. Now unless you have cancer and wont be around next year, I have good news.... there is next year! I know there is another thread for what I'm gonna say bt here it is. Why I am a Milan Fan??? I am a Milan fan because this team from day one when I was a young man of 14 years in 1988 amazed me and it was love at first site. I have seen its numerous glories and successes. I have more so, and this is important my friends, shared in all the low points in my near two decades following this team. You see to be in love with someone or something requires that we stick with it all through the bad times and misgivings as well with the good times. I'm still proud of this team I must admit regardless of the result and I ust have to say that I'm blessed to have chosen this team to like and follow because we will win this again, sooner than later. And I gurantee you this we will lose some more too and that's ok with me. This is what it takes to be Rossoneri!
Again super Congrats to Liverpool! I'm happy for you fans cause I have had such happyness many times over with AC Milan and know the feeling. Cherish this moment and we look forward to seeing you in next year's CL!

FORZA MILAN!
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 05:37   #822

sehnsucht79

Registered User
 
sehnsucht79's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: malaysia baaaaabyyyyy
Fave Players: the old lady
sehnsucht79 is on a distinguished road
Its kinda freaky though. I thought in 78 TWO popes died no? Someone should warn the current pope

Sorry bad joke
__________________
VISIT JUVENTUS FAN CLUB MALAYSIA <--- UPDATED
Biar putih mata, jangan putih tulang.
FORZA JUVENTUS! MY BLOOD IS BLACK AND WHITE
sehnsucht79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 06:35   #823

heidi azalea

Registered User
 
heidi azalea's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
heidi azalea will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
I know there is another thread for what I'm gonna say bt here it is. Why I am a Milan Fan??? I am a Milan fan because this team from day one when I was a young man of 14 years in 1988 amazed me and it was love at first site. I have seen its numerous glories and successes. I have more so, and this is important my friends, shared in all the low points in my near two decades following this team. You see to be in love with someone or something requires that we stick with it all through the bad times and misgivings as well with the good times. I'm still proud of this team I must admit regardless of the result and I ust have to say that I'm blessed to have chosen this team to like and follow because we will win this again, sooner than later. And I gurantee you this we will lose some more too and that's ok with me. This is what it takes to be Rossoneri!
Again super Congrats to Liverpool! I'm happy for you fans cause I have had such happyness many times over with AC Milan and know the feeling. Cherish this moment and we look forward to seeing you in next year's CL!

FORZA MILAN!

Great quotes from a great fan. Kudos !
I dun think there're such a thread.... I'm trying to make it exist.
__________________

"I am not really a strong fans of anything (even Doraemon), as physicist like me tends to take thing with a casual heart and with less 'feeling'. "
-T.L.Yoon-

http://alinehumaira.multiply.com
http://alinehumaira.blogdrive.com
WOMAN ! WITHOUT HER, MAN IS NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!


MilanMania : Relax, Respect, Respond

Our responsible is to make ourselves better and others happier. PEACE ON EARTH !
heidi azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 09:05   #824

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi azalea
[color=deepPink]Hmmm..... when I saw the list of our finale above, it's reminds me of Planet Venus's transit the Sun or Comet Halley come close to Earth event.
Those questions ever pondered in my mind is :
1. is Milan's victory sounds periodical like the positions of Astronomical objects ?????
it's not periodical. notice that in these eras, milan had great coaches.
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2005, 09:08   #825

Mehdi

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Mehdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by triniman
so am i to assume that we will remain the same while these 2 teams grow....we remain stagnant..???

that's foolish look at the team milan has built over the last 4 seasons and come back to me with stats at the players we have had compared to others other teams got and tell me who got the better end of the stick
It's not about 4 years ago it's about now, it's about next season. Chelsea and Barca were nothing 4 seasons ago, now they are champions of their leagues, have young squads loaded with talent and chairman who are willing to spend big. If you sit still you get left behind. Berlusconi needs to spend and needs to spend big.
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:01.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.