![]() |
|
|
#826 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
![]() |
Quote:
![]() berlusconi doesn't have to spend big to get results. we got cafu for free for crying out loud. we also got vogel for free. we aren't a team like inter and real madrid that likes to spend money to get NAME players. milan have always been fiscally responsible and that is why you don't see Milan go in the red like SO MANY CLUBS around the world - like Lazio and even Real Madrid. Milan used to go in the red a lot of back in the early 1990's because of their spending habits and if it weren't for the deep pockets of Silvio, Milan would be like Parma right now. He used to cover Milan debts from his own pocket. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#827 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Nowhere but here
Fave Players: Maldini, MVB, Ambro, Sheva
![]() |
Quote:
Thoug I am proud how the team played at this CL final, there is obvious problems that need to be addressed. So far Ancelotti has failed to solve how to drive away the huangting ghost of Depor and how to cure the complacency among players. There is lakc of this never-say-die fighting spirit in our current players. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#828 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
![]() |
Again, for allowing the players to celebrate at half time....half time, and so loudly the Liverpool players were able to hear it....I blame Carlo Ancelotti....and to some extent, Maldini.
They should have not only known better, but prevented any such jubilation. The knowledge that they were so foolish, so childish, so ridiculous, really really disapppoints me.... While I wont seek to have Carlo removed, he needs a good talking to, and indeed, if next season is in ANY way similar to this year´s fiasco, then he can go packing to Roma, to change their team into half time celebrants.
__________________
I Love Milan. |
|
|
|
|
|
#829 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2002
![]() |
Quote:
The problem is they can't hold a lead, what they lack is never-say-win-till-the-end. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#830 | ||
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
![]() |
Quote:
Quote:
Last edited by Mehdi; 27-05-2005 at 11:24. |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#831 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
![]() |
Quote:
I don't think tireness is crucial in penalties. Serginho were fresh, but he failed too. It is the mentality. The clown ruined that for us, and I doubt Ancelotti and co. foresaw that. If it was true that we didn't even practice on shootouts before the game, then I should blame Ancelotti. Also, indeed, he shouldn't assign Pirlo to take one; I see no problem in Serginho. He was plain unlucky. Pirlo may be tougher than he appears to. I agree. that proves my point however. He needs to look tough to give our teammates a sense of security. His position is so important that I want him to be able to control and calm folks down just by his presence. Like Desailly, a stone wall there looking insurmountable. don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash him. He is such a genius and I love him so much. I want to see him succeed with us with five more european champions (I am not talking about UEFA cup of TOTO cup. ) I just think we can better use him. this is a thought. It could be premature and impractical, but after our loss, I just thought it over. --------------------gilardino-------- -----------sheva------------------- ------------------kaka------------- janku----------pirlo-----------cafu-- --------------gattuso--------------- ----maldini--------------stam-------- --------------nesta----------------- --------------dida------------------ The main change will be the utilization of two wings (not Milan style ); and 3-man defense (not Milan style again ); and the freeing of Pirlo from too much defense responsibility but not pushed too much forward so that we can maximize his vision in playmaking and protected by Gattuso. Forza Milan
__________________
FORZA MILAN Last edited by Xudong; 27-05-2005 at 11:57. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#832 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
![]() |
Quote:
I seriously doubt that we were celebrating. After 3-0, it is understandable that everyone was in good mood. Maybe talking was loud, so? Maybe we were happy, so? I saw Maldini so happy after 52 seconds, was that an insult? I saw Crespo happy after his two goals, were those celebration (yes, that was celebration) insult? call me arrogant, but I have a feeling that it is just that damn French defender just trying to make his story juicier, or trying to make their adventure more heroic, and add insults to our injury. ![]()
__________________
FORZA MILAN Last edited by Xudong; 27-05-2005 at 12:09. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#833 | ||
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
![]() |
Quote:
Quote:
But you have one point there: penalties could be the most stupid way (although maybe the only viable option) to break a tie: NEITHER WINNER NOR LOSER IS SATISFIED. Winner will be blamed undeserving; and losers are even more hurt, miserable and grumpy.
__________________
FORZA MILAN |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#834 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#835 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
![]() |
Quote:
Sacchi's 1989 Toyota team almost went to penalties though. Damn it, if only Shevchenko put that damn ball into the damn net past that damn monkeyish clown named dudek at 119'!! What could be the most epic and heroic performance for us is now the most tragic show. ![]()
__________________
FORZA MILAN |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#836 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
![]() |
let's get over it everyone and get back to our lives instead of mulling over this forever. we lost and we deserved to lose.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#837 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Nowhere but here
Fave Players: Maldini, MVB, Ambro, Sheva
![]() |
Quote:
Have you see fire in their eyes after receiving 3 goals, though they kept on pushing? No. Too much fear left there, probably. Last edited by aim; 27-05-2005 at 12:42. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#838 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#839 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#840 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 03 2005
![]() |
Edited: FORZA MILAN Last edited by Reza; 27-05-2005 at 17:34. |
|
|
|