![]() |
|
|
#1201 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1202 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1203 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
![]() |
Im not saying that those players arent playing well. I think that they are doing very well actually. but in the *very* short run. they are getting too old to have to play this many games. I worry about our depth especially with the age of our players. I will feel more secure about that when Bonera, Gattuso, Di Gennaro, etc are healthy and can play again (i prefer Bonera over Kala, Di Gennaro can give R80 and Seedorf some rest) and when Becks arrives and gives us greater midfield cover. I just worry that our old players will run out of gas at a bad time.
|
|
|
|
|
#1204 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2008
![]() |
Quote:
You asked if I wanted Seedorf over Gourcuff, and I answered. Oddo is playing well. Ambro played like a god. They won't last forever. We could spend 10-15 million on young players; we used to do that. Now, we can't. We can't outbid our rivals for the next Pato. We're doing the next best thing by vacuuming up every young player with unique potential. They might not all be great, but we're doing something. Stop being illogical and facetious. It makes you seem very silly and childish.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1205 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
It is funny how people are stating Oddo and Seedorf are better players than Crisito and Gourcuff just by their form over the last two weeks.
Oddo is probably a better pure defender than Crisito but Crisito is still a better overall FB than Oddo. As for Seedorf, yes he played well over the past two weeks, but that usually will be follow by playing like crap for the next two months. Despite that, I will still choose Gourcuff over Seedorf at the moment, simply b/c Gourcuff is a better player. Just watch the two Bayern games and you will see how great Gourcuff has become. TO me, if Gourcuff keeps this up barring any injury and can lead the French team to at least gets to semi of WC and Bordeux to Quarter of CL and second in Ligue. He will be a very strong candidate to win the Golden Ball next year. Actually, I think Gourcuff is the best player so far since the beginning of this season. |
|
|
|
|
#1206 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1207 | ||
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
![]() |
Quote:
Quote:
I wasnt upset when we sold Kaka because I thought R8o would step up and do a great job. he is very inconcietent though. he will play well one game then disappear the next. and every game he plays well ppl say "Dinho is back!" did these ppl watch him play 5 years ago? he was amazing! he is a shadow of the dynamic player he once was. I thought that he would want to play hard to get back into the Brazilian NT, but he doesnt seem to care. Then again, he and Adriano flew back to Brazil and had a large party last WC right after Brazil go knocked out. He may very well be the most talented player but he has no heart. I dont want a player like him on my team. I am thrilled about the last couple weeks, but in the back of my head, this is the team that lost 4-0 to Inter and the team that lost to Zurich. We have a good team, but I fear our old players wearing down due to our current lack of depth. I will feel better when Becks arrives, and when Bonera, Di Gennaro, Gattuso and the rest are healthy. |
||
|
|
|
|
#1208 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
Quote:
They do have money ... don't forget they sell players each year at a higher price than the real value of their players (that started with Essien and the last one was Benzema) and generally then buy cheap and young players in Ligue 1. So, since 4-5 years, they collect more and more money (they now have money to build their new stadium, they just need to find an agreement with the city and environnemental associations). So yes, Lyon has probably more money to spend, don't forget that French clubs have no debt, because it is not allowed in France. Their mercato ? - Bastos: 18M - Lisandro Lopez: 24M - Cissokho: 15M - Gomis: 13M |
|
|
|
|
|
#1209 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: New York
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1210 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2006
![]() |
It is amazing how a couple of good weeks can affect people's perception of reality. I agree that guys like Ronaldinho, Seedorf and Oddo can still put on good performances, provided that they are motivated. That, however, has been and remains to be the big question mark with these players for a couple of years now. Sure, they get motivated when they think about playing against Real Madrid, but we don't play them every game. We need players who can give their 100% in each and every single game and that is not what most of the players on this roster does. And even when they are motivated enough, its not like they are dominating each and every week either. Seedorf has been known to be spectacular for stretches and then disappear for the rest of the season for years. Aging players do not lose their skills, they lose their mental focus to train hard each and everyday to stay on top of their conditioning. This team didn't become second rated because the whole roster woke up one morning forgetting how to kick a soccer ball but rather when the players stopped training hard and became lazy on the field.
As a team, we need to figure out a big question here: do we want to actually win trophies? or do we just want to be the playing ground for some big name has beens? In order to win trophies, we need high quality signings each and every summer. But we seem to be choosing the second option as we would rather give up Gourcuff to make room for Ronaldinho. If this trend continues, we are only going to dig our own grave deeper and deeper until one day we cannot climb out of it. The new youth movement in Milan has gotten a lot of people excited, but I for one am critical as to what they are doing. Sure, it is nice to sign a lot of young players to train into stars, but signing them (what we are doing) is only the first and easiest step of them all. These young players need proper training, which considering our history with young players, I don't know we can give; then they need to be given the right type of environment in the first team to grow, which young players haven't been given as of yet; and lastly, they need to be lucky enough to avoid any major injuries. When you put all those things together, it is tough to really relay on these teenagers to carry the fortune of milan. I am not saying we shouldn't be bringing in talented youngsters like every other major teams in Europe has been done for the last decade or so, but to put the fate of the franchise on these teenagers is a terrible strategy. After all, Pozzi was considered the new Inzaghi when he was a teen and look how well that turned out. |
|
|
|
|
#1211 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
![]() |
Calciopoli 2009
Calciopoli 2009
Very interesting story about Inter Milan, Christian vieri made an interview earlier, and claims that he has proofs and documents involve inter milan of matching fixing, bribing and financial corruption, his lawyer claimed that too Google Translation: EWS Wednesday, November 4, 2009 - 16:09 Vieri "Calciopoli created by Moratti. I have a document that proves it" ADNK - Cristian Vieri, announcing his retirement from football, from the halls of the court declaring that the Inter players they signed a clause should not reveal where the plane Moratti-Telecom to eliminate the strongest teams penalized by the Series A unique way to give life to the full cycle. "I'm ready to see the document, everyone knew, I was deceived because spied on the phone, I can take in these things," Bobo-state, which continues: "70% of the contract was paid by Inter, while 30 % by Telecom, a company for which I did do to endorse a campaign. All this in order to pay less taxes. I spoke to this issue is only with Mr. Ghelfi's importance, all agreeing with him, I'm sorry for Juventus because I suffer with them, the same for Milan, but I thought of doing good for my president than as double personality has plenty. Yesterday was also played the girlfriend of footballer Melissa Satta: "When the news came out of the newspapers in September 2006 could hardly sleep Bobo got anxiety and worry, until having to consult a psychologist. Since then released shortly and has always fear being followed. We have in the past even thought about hiring a bodyguard, but then faith has given him the strength to accept everything, the real motive and reason to cheat Moggi, Juventus, AC Milan, Fiorentina, now there is no reason to pretend. "Satisfied Bobo Vieri's lawyer Danilo Buongiorno," There is great satisfaction. Now we must carefully consider the issue of criminal obtained in this case, where serious matters have arisen which could also lead to the reopening of the disciplinary process. There rivarremo even before the sports justice, this time the championships would return to their places, Inter will be downgraded from everything donated so far and will eventually clear who is really Moratti and not alone. "
__________________
Quote:
Last edited by Lebanese; 05-11-2009 at 02:33. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1212 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2009
![]() |
This current Inter is nothing but the product of Calciopoli. Without it, Inter would be a mid level team right now. I hope all the evidence that Bobo has, is enforceable. I would love to see Moratti and Inter suffer like Juve and Milan fans did in 2006.
|
|
|
|
|
#1213 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
OH great, just when things are starting to look good for Serie A, Bobo had to make these sort of statement.
As much as I love to see Inter suffers....I really don't want to see another Calciopoli unless it is happening in another league like EPL. Don't you get it, even if Inter is in Serie B or C, at the end of the day, Serie A and all the teams will be the one who suffers at the end. |
|
|
|
|
#1214 | ||
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
Let's wait to see if anything about this actually happens. I fear it'll be swept under the carpet even if there's something in it. I think it's fairly obvious Inter have a hold in Italy and I guess that's the reason we're so focused on Europe every year now and not Italy.
Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
#1215 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
The thing is, Inter is the most complete team in Series A, as they really do have a starting 18-19 players as compare to other teams.
And you must agree, depth is a huge factor in winning any domestic leagues. Any time, you have Cordaba, Santon, Muntari, Veria, Stankovic, Baletolli and Sauzo off the bench, thats more than good. I mean, if Milan did not sell Kaka and Gourcuff and actually did signed Dzeko and Cissohko, they would have Oddo, Janku, Bonera, Seedorf, Ambro, Flamini, Borreillo and Pippo off the bench. What I am trying to say is that, I really don't think Inter has to cheat their way to dominate the Serie A, as they really have more quality and depth than any other teams. What makes a strong and fair league is not by weakening the top team, rather it should be by strengthen the other teams. |
|
|