AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2004, 23:47   #1

Dil dil

Registered User
 
Dil dil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: U.S.A
Fave Players: all Ac milan players espacialy Maldini, inzaghi
Dil dil is on a distinguished road
Inzaghi backs Golden sheva

what do you think about inzaghi speach? do you agree with him ? well with my love and respect to Inzaghi I have to say
I disagree with him. sheva is wonderful striker I adore him .
but to be honest I think Maldini who deserve to win Golden ball
as he didn't get it last year.when they were honest and cheat him
but If Maldini not get it then I will like sheva to have it
any way here is what he said












Pippo Inzaghi has backed Milan teammate Andriy Shevchenko to be crowned European Footballer of the Year.

"Sheva deserves the Golden Ball for all that he has achieved in these past few years," he stated.

"I hope that he does win it because it would also be an honour for us who play alongside him."

The Ukrainian is set to be one of the top contenders to lift the award following his 24 League goals last term.

And Inzaghi’s statement comes just a day after Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho also tipped the striker for the prize.

"Usually the choice is tied to the outcome of a major competition but Greece and Porto are not two heavyweights of the game," Mourinho told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Although Deco has been rewarded by UEFA for the Champions’ League and Theo Zagorakis for Euro 2004, I don't see them as candidates for the Golden Ball.

"Frank Lampard impressed in England and at the European Championships with his country.

"But Shevchenko made something more. He has been, and he is, fantastic in the world's strongest League for forwards.

"Scoring so much in Italy is a really exceptional achievement, one that in my opinion should be recognised."

Shevchenko has been a contender in the past and he admits he wants to finally get his hands on the trophy.

"I do think about it but I can’t vote myself so I just keep concentrating on my game," said the player. "I’m here to score goals and do well for the team.

"It would be great to win but if that doesn’t happen then I will be happy with just being successful with Milan as I have done in these years."
__________________
Dildil= N1 fan of Ac milan
and always will be and for ever
Dil dil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 14:32   #2

Shmikes

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Location: Scotland
Fave Players: Shevchenko
Shmikes
I think Pippo was really happy with Sheva because he put a goal in Inzaghi's plate against Celtic as Inzaghi hadn't scored in a long time!! Sheva totally deserves Golden Ball though, I think if Paolo was gonna win it he woulda won it by now. Nedved, Mourinho, Inzaghi, plenty people tipping him!!
Shmikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:27   #3

Goirre

Moderator
 
Goirre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Summerland, US
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini-Franco Baresi-Billy Costacurta
Goirre is on a distinguished road
There is a thread about Sheva and the Golden Ball already....so lets try to keep it all in one place:

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17210
__________________
!!!FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!

!!!VIVA EL BOLIVAR CARAJO!!!


Serie A Prediction League 2002/2003 Champion
Serie A Prediction League 2003/2004 Champion
Goirre is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:08.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.