AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2004, 11:34   #1

MiamiMilanista

Registered User
 
MiamiMilanista's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Miami, FL
MiamiMilanista is on a distinguished road
acmilan.com is pitiful!!!

Is there anyone that can get our rossoneri on a different webmaster??? Whenever I go on the so-called "official site" , 90% of the time it tells me my username and password are wrong and wont let me read the news....Previously we were able to watch game highlights, now you have to subscribe. I've been on Inter's website and the site is gorgeous...Dont' get me wrong, I hate Inter like Europe hated the plague, but this site is just bad! Juventus, Man Utd , and other sites actually seem like good sites, I cant stand acmilan.com and most of the time i dont even bother to waste my time to get on....I actually thought to subscribe, but if the system is not going to let me log on 90% of the time, i'm not wasting my money!
MiamiMilanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 12:54   #2

Stezagud

Registered User
 
Stezagud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: England
Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
dont waste your time and money there, just visit MM instead
__________________
'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.' - Big Ron
Stezagud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 12:58   #3

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Trust me, we've had this rant many times before. I don't know what can be done unless we all send in emails telling them what's wrong with the site, what we'd prefer to see and so on. Don't just tell them it's crap, but be constructive about it. For my part, I'll email my friend Angelo and ask him who the person is who's now in charge, if he has an email address he could pass along and so on.
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 13:03   #4

m1ke

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2004
m1ke is on a distinguished road
haha, yeah it is pretty bad. has anyone actually subscribed to their pay thing?
__________________
. ac milan
the red & black community

prediction league with prizes starting soon!
m1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 13:18   #5

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stezagud
dont waste your time and money there, just visit MM instead
Exactly
Handing over some part of the site to somebody (goal.com) probably made the paid part inevitable, but if the other parts were great I wouldn't mind all that much but I don't thing they are any good.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 14:52   #6

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
the only thing i use is the latest news section and if theres a nice wallpaper(the daily pic on the homepage i mean) then i download it... other than that i dont need the rest since i dont understand italian and besides i never miss a milan match!
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 14:54   #7

Nona

Registered User
 
Nona's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Netherlands
Fave Players: MALDINI, who else?
Nona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag2765
Is there anyone that can get our rossoneri on a different webmaster??? Whenever I go on the so-called "official site" , 90% of the time it tells me my username and password are wrong and wont let me read the news....Previously we were able to watch game highlights, now you have to subscribe. I've been on Inter's website and the site is gorgeous...Dont' get me wrong, I hate Inter like Europe hated the plague, but this site is just bad! Juventus, Man Utd , and other sites actually seem like good sites, I cant stand acmilan.com and most of the time i dont even bother to waste my time to get on....I actually thought to subscribe, but if the system is not going to let me log on 90% of the time, i'm not wasting my money!

I'm trying now for over one year to subscribe.......
I got always the same answer...just like you !
I send so much emails to the technical stuff that they now deny my mail !!!!
It is just unbelievable. Milan is one of the top clubs of the world, they really should be ashamed of their side and about their attitude against their fans al over the world, who often have no other possibillity to get news and pictures.
By the way, once I was so angry that I tried to contact our capitano by mail - but it seems that he doesn't have a homepage anymore....another dissapointment....
Nona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 15:25   #8

derekhski

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Portland Oregon USA
Fave Players: Its a Team sport, or the entire midfeild
derekhski is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, the AC Milan Official site is one of the worst on the web. I did pay the membership last year, so that I could listen to the English commentary. I'm happy to have the oppurtunity to listen to the games. I do not have any available TV coverage, available to me, here in the US , but I have not wanted to pay the 40+ usd a month for Cable/Satelite TV, which may or may not show Milan games. It would be nice if ACMilan could upgrade thier web coverage to be more like that of the EUFA website. Thier live ticket rules, plus the line ups and all the statistics..... (I hate to say that the Inter live coverage, other than no english comentary, it quite impresive, and free)
I have not had any problems with my log in, the video pays well, and only once was the English audio link down. Yet, I certainly agree with many of you that Milan should make some considerable change to thier site. I have sent a number of mails to thier various contacts, and feel tha they fall on deaf ears.

Froza Milan!!!!
derekhski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 15:44   #9

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs
Trust me, we've had this rant many times before. I don't know what can be done unless we all send in emails telling them what's wrong with the site, what we'd prefer to see and so on. Don't just tell them it's crap, but be constructive about it. For my part, I'll email my friend Angelo and ask him who the person is who's now in charge, if he has an email address he could pass along and so on.
the responsible is the MIlan Channel director Mauro Suma

personally i log in every time, and have no probs...as for the payment Suma once said there are some services for free, the basic ones, and some more in pay per view
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:54   #10

Paddy De Nagan

Registered User
 
Paddy De Nagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2001
Location: Dublin,Ireland
Fave Players: Albertini, Gatusso, Maldini, Ambrosini, KPB, Cassa
Paddy De Nagan is on a distinguished road
acmilan.com just seems to be too comercial. Too orientated around money and profit making and not fan orientated as it should be.
Paddy De Nagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:26   #11

humanTORCH

Registered User
 
humanTORCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Near the EQUATOR!
Fave Players: Sheva,Zidane,Boban,MVB
humanTORCH is on a distinguished road
The Merdas has something to be proud of.
Though we have better team, they have better website.
__________________
One time Van Basten said to me: Why do Milan keep winning while the others don't?
I answered: Marco, we want to remain in the memory as a side that wins in a certain way, we must entertain the public because it's just not the winning that counts.'
- Arrigo Sacchi
humanTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:56   #12

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy De Nagan
acmilan.com just seems to be too comercial. Too orientated around money and profit making and not fan orientated as it should be.
That is what Milan Mania is for. If we can just get the news section up and running there we'll rule the world
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:23   #13

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
I just need someone to step up the the plate and be our Webmaster. I know nothing about that stuff, all I'm here for is to pay the bills! Any takers? Paul could use the help! Henrik?
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:02   #14

ACM

Senior Member
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2000
ACM is on a distinguished road
Even if someone subscribes, the thing to ensure is that you allow "cookies" for acmilan.com and you never ever block the interactive pop-up window from showing. Basically, no pop-up, no login.

Also, if you attempt to subscirbe, choose a username without spaces.

FYI: (Official Stats) acmilan.com
-20 million pages viewed each month
-40% of page downloads outside Italy
-Average audience of each Milan match & highlights is 300 million people across 160 countries.


Forza Milan
__________________
We Are Superior . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .There has ONLY ever been ONE team in Milan!

Fossa-Commandos Tigre-Brigate Rossonere-Alternativa Rossonera-Panthers Milan

.............................................. www.planetmilan.com ..............................................

.....If you believe in the light, it's because of obscurity, if you believe in happiness it's because of unhappiness, if you believe in God, then you have to believe in the Devil.....
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:40   #15

Nata

Registered User
 
Nata's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Location: Canada :(
Fave Players: Maldini Il Genio Sheva Pippo Kaka Nesta Van Basten
Nata is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah it bugged da hell out of me...but now I juss gave up..and last time I visited was like a year ago.
Nata is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.