AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-11-2004, 19:54   #1

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
The gaming thread!!!

I thought its time someone created this as clearly there are plenty of videogamers on the forum.

Basically, its just a place where the gamers can come discuss new games or ones they're playing and things about the industry. One thing I hope we can avoid though is "gaming wars" topics (e.g. "PS2 is best and XBOX and GC suck" etc...), as this is normally little more than a pointless argument as each console has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Anyway, I made a comment in the "Brighter things in life thread" so I'll copy and paste that here...

I have been playing Final Fantasy X-2 in my spare time on my PS2. I love FF games since VII and must say up until now was a little disappointed with X-2. However, as I reach the conclusion of this game, I am truly loving it. Its a pure joy to play, with a top notch storyline (something I have come to expect from FF) and absoloutly beautiful characters and stunning visuals. I really admit I'm hooked and I can't wait to see how the story ends.

Any other FF players out there?


Continuing on with the FF theme, I saw every FFXII trailer yesterday and it looks outstanding. It reminds me of the classic Vagrant Story on PS1.

As you guys probably guessed, I'm quite a fan of FF and have completed every single one from VII onwards (not including XI which is online).

Also, to note, I can't wait till Dragon Quest VIII, its about time the west got to see this classic series (its as popular as FF in Japan). I'm praying it will be released in Europe, unlike Xenosaga, which I waited years to get for it only to never get released (Namco can be so annoying )
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 20:11   #2
Nova
Guest
 
Nice tread

well , I have a Nintendo Gamecube . and I really love it , but offcourse PS2 and Xbox are great !

I bought my nintendo mainly for resident evil ... Cause when I heard that the next generation resident evil games were gonna be a GC exclusive I allready had the console the day after ( figure of speech )

I never played Final Fantasy before yes, never
I know many people love it , so when I have the time and money I'll buy cristal chronicals.

Right now I'm playing Beyond good & evil ... IMHO , that game is so great !!! and only for 18€ F-zeroGX is soooooo fast

I'm very excited about resident evil 4 , metriod prime 2 and mortal kombat deception .

The best and most fun game I played on Ps2 is devil may cry , too bad it aint gonna come on Gc
  Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 10:59   #3

Inferno

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Inferno has disabled reputation
ok....

PS2, I have it, play it, love it.

New game in town(few weeks), my rating:

Name: Grand Theft Auto SAN ANDREAS

Probably the best game ever that came out to PS2 console

It's the fifth in the legendary series of vilonet action games and notorious in number of places in the world. The game is happening in a state called San Andreas , on tremendous area. 5 times bigger than the first GTA! Los Santos(aka "L.A"), San Fierro(aka "San Fransisco") and Las Venturas(aka "Las Vegas") are three cities which the game is taking place at. Each of the three cities are equal in her sizes to the Vice City(aka "Scarface" movie ). Besides cities you can tour in valleis,deserets,shore-lines ect. it's more populated than the Vice City. more details, more options, more cars, more weapons, more challenges, more characters, more music and more STORY.

Well... I will not extend about the story(But there is a deep story) since my english is crap and it's taking me ages to write at the moment...

These are some of the songs you can find in the game:

Salt'n'Pepa - Push it
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Inner Circle - Bad Boys
KLF - 3am Eternal
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing
Poison - Every Rose Has It's Thorn
Guns'n'Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
Smashing Pumpkins - Today
NWA - **** Tha Police / 100 Miles And Runnnin'
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Gin N'Juice / Ain't No Fun
Warren G - Regulate
Fugees - Killing Me Softly
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
Public Enemy - Rebel Without A Pause
The Stone Roses - Fools Gold
Happy Mondays - Step On
The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony
Radiohead - Creep


Forza Milan
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 12:52   #4

Stezagud

Registered User
 
Stezagud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: England
Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
I have a PS2 as well, but i only ever play GTA and pro evolution

I've never really played the FF series so i dont know much about it but im never much good at that sort of game anyway, in fact, the last game of that type that i completed was Mario3 on the NES
__________________
'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.' - Big Ron
Stezagud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 21:32   #5

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
ok, Steza and Nova...I suggest at least giving an FF game a chance as I would say to any gamer, although it can be an acquired taste and needs patience. Also Steza, FF isn't much like Mario I'm afraid (actually very different). While Mario is a platformer where gameplay mechanics require the player to tackle obstacles and defeat bad guys while controlling the actions of the main character, Final Fantasy is an RPG where focus is on interacting with the game and other characters, whilst getting immerse into a huge world where the storyline is very deep (unlike Mario). The gameplay is more just running around and talking to other characters and battles are more strategic than Mario (which are more action orientated). Hope this gives you a fair idea of the differences.

As for GTA:SA, I have to wait until Christmas to play it and PES4

The music for GTA looks good and I can't wait to see some of the new features (e.g. Character development).

But until then I can keep on with FFX-2 and Kingdom Hearts
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 21:59   #6

Goirre

Moderator
 
Goirre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Summerland, US
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini-Franco Baresi-Billy Costacurta
Goirre is on a distinguished road
Nobuo Uematsu's music is a pleaure to the ear
__________________
!!!FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!

!!!VIVA EL BOLIVAR CARAJO!!!


Serie A Prediction League 2002/2003 Champion
Serie A Prediction League 2003/2004 Champion
Goirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 22:08   #7

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goirre
Nobuo Uematsu's music is a pleaure to the ear
haha, I'm actually listening to a remix album of FF songs at the moment (a friend gave it to me). Mostly battle themes in there.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 22:28   #8
Nova
Guest
 
resident evil 4 I tell you ! resident evil 4 !!
Has anyone seen the trailers ? I saw it and it was jawdropping Too bad it will come out here in europe in 2005
about GTA , I only played the first 2 on playstation and had lots and lots of fun with it ... sometimes not even following the instructions , just cruising around and "borrowing" cars and driving tanks and drive over police cars, mwuahahaha

When does resident evil 4 come out in the states ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 05:19   #9
Nova
Guest
 
playin Painkiller now Great game !! awesome gameplay !!
  Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 06:53   #10

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I've seen the trailers for Resi 4 and it does look VERY impressive. Also looks like the camera problems of the old games may be fixed.

Never heard of painkiller though.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 07:53   #11
Nova
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
I've seen the trailers for Resi 4 and it does look VERY impressive. Also looks like the camera problems of the old games may be fixed.

Never heard of painkiller though.
I'm playing it on pc btw It's a shoot em up game , very creepy and very bloody . I think http://www.gametrailers.com has a couple trailers of it .
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2004, 15:35   #12

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I couldn't find a trailer for it, but the site is quite interesting.

My friend's hooked on Splinter Cell at the moment, he loves it to bits.

Personally, I can't wait till Metal Gear Solid 3
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2004, 19:17   #13

housin7

Registered User
 
housin7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Fave Players: Bierhoff+Sheva
housin7 is on a distinguished road
No one mentioned about PC games?


NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2


Enough said.


Ah, recently I am playing my friend's PS 2, and Winning Eleven 8 is great. However, I am still enjoying GUNDAM SD GENERATION NEO. The graphic is sooo cool, the gameplay is addictive and I'd recommend it for sure.
__________________
Sorry Dzeko, but we've already signed Christian Vieri, please come back when you're forty and free
housin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2004, 19:32   #14

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
i got pro evolution 4 and im lovin it!!! but its bad for me since i should be studying instead!!! im starting a master league with my own team which is changed its name to FC tixis (ull never understand) this is my lineup up til now:

---------------------------------ivanov-----------------------------------

----daniel alves---------gallas--------ujfaluvski -----jankulovski----

---------------------------------harty------------------------------------
----------espinas---------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------ximinez--------------

-------------------------------nakamura----------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------reyes-------------------

-------------------------------adriano------------------------------------

i just got promoted to the first division but im not the champion of division 2 (monaco are), however i am in the final of the D2 cup and im the ex-champ. im looking to get more money... i dont like to finish it with ease
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2004, 21:39   #15

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by housin7
No one mentioned about PC games?


NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2


Enough said.
I played it, but I think Burnout 3 was far better. I should mention Burnout 3 is one of the greatest racers ever imo.

As for Pes 4, I will finally get to play it in about 2 weeks, along with Burnout 3 and San Andreas.

Now, its time for FFX-2
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:48.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.