AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-12-2004, 18:28   #1

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Computer help thread

Considering we all use computers here, I assume many have problems on their computers.

Seeing as Nona (logging into sites), Mia (always has problems apparently ) and others too have asked around about problems they've had previously, I thought it may be a good idea to create a thread where people can ask about their problems.

Well, I'll try my best to provide support with questions and hopefully others too will help those in need, as I know I can't answer everything.

ps - also, if people seem happy with this thread and think its a useful idea, could one of the admins or mods make it a sticky. Thanks
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2004, 18:33   #2

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
I think its a good idea to have a thread like this, thanx Dev.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 17:11   #3

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
errm...no one has any computer problems?

thats a shock to me
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 17:28   #4

Angel_Cic

Registered User
 
Angel_Cic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Fave Players: Kaka' & Ronaldinho
Angel_Cic is on a distinguished road
if anybody has major computer probs...that's me!!!

how come i can't get into my school's website on my computer...but i go next door to my bro's computer, and it works?
__________________
[M]
Angel_Cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 17:46   #5

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Cic
if anybody has major computer probs...that's me!!!

how come i can't get into my school's website on my computer...but i go next door to my bro's computer, and it works?
well, I think you need to give a little more info, like what happens when you try to go into your school site (is it a "Cannot Find Server" error or something else?). Also please mention if there is anything we should know (like is there a login required to enter the site?)

However, before all else, try Reza's idea and clear your temporary Internet files. It could be one of these is causing a problem. To do this (if you're using Internet Explorer)...

1) go to tools at the top
2) select Internet options in tools
3) click "clear history" button
4) click "delete cookies" button
5) click "delete files" button and tick to delete offline files as well

hopefully, this should help, but if it doesn't reply back with the details asked and I'll try looking further into it
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 17:54   #6

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Mia's query has made me think. I'm guessing a number of posters here might not know about spyware. Well, viruses and trojan horses are well known, but spyware is still quite new and so a number of people still don't know about it. what I will say is spyware is extremely problematic and can be extremely troublesome. to find out info about what it is, this place is pretty good...

http://www.pcpitstop.com/spycheck/whatis.asp

To protect your computers from spyware, try downloading spybot and ad-aware from the net and use them regularly (as well as updating them). If you type the names into google, its highly likely you'll find the site to download them from
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2004, 18:27   #7

Angel_Cic

Registered User
 
Angel_Cic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Fave Players: Kaka' & Ronaldinho
Angel_Cic is on a distinguished road
thanks for the help dev...i deleted cookies and history

as for my website...the first page comes up, with my school's crest. i'm suppose to click the crest to enter. when i do click, it say's "Cannot find server." when clearly there is a server!!!!
__________________
[M]
Angel_Cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2004, 08:59   #8

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Cic
thanks for the help dev...i deleted cookies and history

as for my website...the first page comes up, with my school's crest. i'm suppose to click the crest to enter. when i do click, it say's "Cannot find server." when clearly there is a server!!!!
I assume deleting the temp files didn't help then.

It seems the problem with your access to the site could be for a number of reasons.

If you can get hold of the ip adress (four number address, so for example 12.435.231.23) try entering that into the address bar instead of the url (ie. "http://www....etc"). The reason is it could be for some reason the url isn't being translated into the 4 number address for some reason.

If this doesn't help (or you can't get the ip address), then it could be worth trying to setting the Internet Options to allow the site. To do this...

1) Go into tools, Internet Options
2) Click on Privacy tab
3) go to edit at the bottom
4) enter the url you want to access (the address that the crest is supposed to take you to) and click Allow
5) below, there is a list of Internet sites that have been blocked (mostly for security reasons). Check through this list and see if your school's site is there and if it is, then select it and click remove.

I'm not sure if any of this will work and if it still doesn't after this, I suggest using other computers to look at the site for the moment and then ask you school about it.

Also, be sure to do they spyware check I mentioned above
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2004, 15:40   #9

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
What's your school's web address Mia ?

I can help with some software problems also.
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 01:24   #10

ilgenio

Registered User
 
ilgenio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: 虎穴龍潭
Fave Players: Zico, Marco van Basten, Dejan Savicevic, Kaka
ilgenio is on a distinguished road
I just downloaded Nero but whenever I wanted to start my CB burning I get this message "No disc inserted or drive not ready" (I had my CDR in place) Does anyone know what's wrong? Thx
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League 2005/ 06 Champion

ALWAYS RED
ALWAYS BLACK
ALWAYS ROSSONERO
~ ~
ilgenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 08:31   #11

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgenio
I just downloaded Nero but whenever I wanted to start my CB burning I get this message "No disc inserted or drive not ready" (I had my CDR in place) Does anyone know what's wrong? Thx
I use Nero as well. I haven't ever had exactly the same problem as you before, but have had similar problems.

In my case, pretty much every time the error was the cd itself (unfortunately, I've noticed poorer quality blank cds are less likely to let people burn onto them) and simply using another blank cd usually worked. I suggest you try doing this to see if Nero is not recognising any disk.

If this isn't the problem and Nero isn't reading any blank cd, first make sure the CDW drive is working properly and if there isn't a problem, try uninstalling Nero from the computer and reinstalling it, as I heard other people who have had the same problem say this sorted it out.

Hope this helps, let us know if the problem doesn't get fixed
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2004, 14:49   #12

Susi

Registered User
 
Susi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Location: Germany
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pippo.....
Susi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the rough
Problems with MSN-Messenger + Hotmail



Since 2 days I can't log in to MSN-Messenger and also can't log in to my Hotmail-account. Seems the Passwortservice is out of order.

What really makes me pissed is the problem, that I have to check my Inbox immadiately

Does anyone else here may have the same problems?
__________________
simply unique, simply hot........simply the best
Susi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2004, 14:51   #13

almilan

Registered User
 
almilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
almilan is an unknown quantity at this point
my inbox is working fine but i dont use the msn messenger
almilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2004, 14:55   #14

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Mine works ok too, not sure what could be happening there and not working for a couple of days is strange.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2004, 17:01   #15

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
hey, could someone merge this with the the computer help thread as its about the same topic

Mine is working fine too, however, this is a fairly common problem. The best idea is make sure you delete all the temporary Internet files from your computer. To see how to do this, have a look at the computer help thread (I've given instructions).

I noticed many suggest this, so its worth a try...

1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly. Double click the clock (bottom right of Windows) and check that the time and date are set.

2. Check your IE Security settings - Open Internet Explorer, click the TOOLS menu, then INTERNET OPTIONS, then click the ADVANCED tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is UNCHECKED (if it's CHECKED then UNCHECK IT). Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0' are CHECKED(if there UNCHECKED then CHECK them) then click OK.

3. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:

regsvr32 softpub.dll

(don't forget the "SPACE" between regsvr32 and softpub.dll), then click OK

Then try signing into MSN Messenger and the Hotmail website again.

If you are still having problems with MSN MESSENGER or WINDOWS MESSENGER or HOTMAIL then go here:

http://communities.microsoft.com/ne...cp=msn&slcid=US

click on msn.messenger

and click on "new post". Post your question to a msn technician (its free). They apparently take about 2 hours to answers so REFRESH the newsgroup in 2 hours and your answer should be there (they don't email replies), as they post the answer in the newsgroup. Make sure you tell them your operating system (e.g. Windows XP) and the error message and ERROR CODE (if you can find it) your seeing and your firewall (if you have one) and any other details of use

Hope this helps, let us know if it gets sorted
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:32.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.