AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2005, 07:07   #1

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Unfair Inter Schedule

I dont understand the scheduling giving INTER a week later to play Porto on the return leg.
I realize that they played away and that pitch repairs will be needed. Why Uefa didnt just make the draw where INTER had to play the Home game first as we were the away team against ManU is my guess. Not that it will help them anyway, but in principle it is just wrong and very out of the ordinary. Anyone agree??!
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:33   #2

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Well, it does make it look weired and might make things more difficult for Inter if they had important serie A games in the week the return leg vs Porto is scheduled for. But this is some very hypothetical reasoning, IMO. All in all, whether Inter will have to play a mid-week game for week 1 or week 2 doesn't make a world of a difference.
The reason why UEFA didn't change the order of the Inter - Porto games is that being the host for the secong, decisive game is considered an advantage, an advantage Inter won by finishing top of their CL group. I am sure that for the next stage in the CL the fact that Milan and Inter play at the same stadium will be considered during the draw and the game schedule will be adjusted accordingly.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:48   #3

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
I see what you are saying. I just had my hopes all fumble to pieces because when I heard them draw 1-1 against Porto, it was my belief that because we were away they INTER were playing at San Siro and Porto got the away goal. To my disappointment it is the other way around.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:32   #4

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
No worries - Inter had the chance to win that game by more than one goal dif so a 1-1 in Porto is a pretty good result. Actually, with this away goal rule, the away team may even have a slight advantage for their goals count for more in the last, decisive game. I personally expect Porto to score at least 1 goal in Milano and threathen Inter's qualification, which a lot of people seem to be taking for granted after that 1-1 in Oporto last week. Given Inter's notorious lack of consistency and the psycological blow from their first defeat for the season, I think Porto has a very good chance of taking them out of the CL.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:59   #5

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
That's right they do draw a lot this season. Let's say 2-2 draw Porto goes through! That is very much possible. I just want Juve and Inter out. the eatlier the better cause it shuts their chances to win this and I dont want them to. We will never hear the end of it if one of them does.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 13:09   #6

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
I would rather have Juve as long as possible in the CL for if they are out of it they will be able to concentrate on Serie A. As for Inter, I couldn't care less what happens to them as long as Milan is the final CL winner.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 13:33   #7

Theoren

Registered User
 
Theoren's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: Finland
Fave Players: Ivan Gennaro Gattuso
Theoren
I agree whit you zlatanov of the juve thing
Theoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:24   #8

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Well. It is no doubt that we currently have the hardest schedule cause we still are in contention in all 3 competitions. Scudetto, Copa Italia, Champion's League. The others only need to worry about 2. Juve CL & Scudetto. Inter CL & Copa Italia.

WOW! I did not realize this... Is there a possibility for us to have at least 6 Derby's this season against INTER???? 2 for the season that we already played; 2 Copa Italia's; and 2 CL matches??? Am I figuring that out correctly???
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 21:18   #9

Goirre

Moderator
 
Goirre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Summerland, US
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini-Franco Baresi-Billy Costacurta
Goirre is on a distinguished road
there is a chance of that happening Kui.....wouldn't that be something? Handing Inter their first Serie A defeat and knocking them out of both CL and Coppa Italia
__________________
!!!FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!

!!!VIVA EL BOLIVAR CARAJO!!!


Serie A Prediction League 2002/2003 Champion
Serie A Prediction League 2003/2004 Champion
Goirre is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.