AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2005, 08:57   #1

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
Kaka turns down marriage proposal....

funny story...

Kaka during a training session in Teresopolis, Brazil. The AC Milan midfielder was forced to turn down a marriage proposal from an admiring fan who swears she has become an evangelist because of the Brazil international, who shares the same faith.
(AFP/Antonio Scorza)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...lt-384x255.jpg
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:02   #2

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
I thought he was catholic...
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:10   #3

MilanPerSempre

Registered User
 
MilanPerSempre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Shevchenko, Kaką
MilanPerSempre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae
I thought he was catholic...
I don't know so much about religions, but i think that Evangelism is a sort of Catholicism. So Kaką is an Evangelistic Catholic.

Sorry if I'm wrong... but i just think that.
MilanPerSempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:37   #4

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanPerSempre
I don't know so much about religions, but i think that Evangelism is a sort of Catholicism. So Kaką is an Evangelistic Catholic.

Sorry if I'm wrong... but i just think that.
\
No evangelism has its roots in american protestantism and is now growing at rapid pace in South America. This is why there was some serious talk about finding a South American Cardinal to be the next Pope. The Catholic church is worrying that one of their once "fortress" monopoly of world catholics is in danger.
Some evangilical denominations would include
The Assemblies of God
The Seventh Day Adventist
Church of the Nazarene
New Hope Church
These churches have small local control rather than worldwide control as the pope has. These churches are very community based and have local sovereignty. Although small compared to the Catholic faith as their is circa a billion catholics, these guys have somewhere between 10 to 15 thousand members but there are close to 25 thousand of these small cluster units. Even the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) have made huge inroads to the faithful in South America and Central America. Right now El Salvador, Brazil, and even Argentina have seen huge growth in these "born again" christian churches.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:02   #5

MilanPerSempre

Registered User
 
MilanPerSempre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Shevchenko, Kaką
MilanPerSempre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
\
No evangelism has its roots in american protestantism and is now growing at rapid pace in South America. This is why there was some serious talk about finding a South American Cardinal to be the next Pope. The Catholic church is worrying that one of their once "fortress" monopoly of world catholics is in danger.
Some evangilical denominations would include
The Assemblies of God
The Seventh Day Adventist
Church of the Nazarene
New Hope Church
These churches have small local control rather than worldwide control as the pope has. These churches are very community based and have local sovereignty. Although small compared to the Catholic faith as their is circa a billion catholics, these guys have somewhere between 10 to 15 thousand members but there are close to 25 thousand of these small cluster units. Even the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) have made huge inroads to the faithful in South America and Central America. Right now El Salvador, Brazil, and even Argentina have seen huge growth in these "born again" christian churches.
Ok, sorry that I was wrong!
I learned something new today, thx!
MilanPerSempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 14:23   #6

KhRiS

Registered User
 
KhRiS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: MilanMania Forums.
Fave Players: Man with Hand in Pocket feel Cocky all Day
KhRiS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanPerSempre
Ok, sorry that I was wrong!
I learned something new today, thx!
Spend some more time here and we will teach you a lot more.
KhRiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 18:26   #7

Angel_Cic

Registered User
 
Angel_Cic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Fave Players: Kaka' & Ronaldinho
Angel_Cic is on a distinguished road
of course he turned her down...he's going to marry me



__________________
[M]
Angel_Cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:28   #8

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Evangelism derived from Germany.
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:46   #9

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Derived but really never took root Rae. That happen in the early colonization of North America and just exploded from there on. Evangilism was not a safe thing to start in Germany because with all the inquisition. I will be evn bold to say the persecution was just as nortorius as that in Spain. SO as a seedling yes, it started in Germany but never took deep roots there. That is why I say its roots are in the US and it really grew from there.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:02   #10

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Well, as you are aware, north Germany and whole Scandinavia are Lutheran Evangelists
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:19   #11

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
No you are misdefining what kind of evangilist Kaka is. The Lutheran albeit even though call themselves "evangilist" is no where... nada the same as what we are discussing here. I'm talking bible thumper TV "PRAISE THE LORD" Billy Graham and Benny Hinn kind of evangilist. It is not the same. The term "evangelicalism" in Europe is a mere lexicon to mean in a sense "protestant" yet when you go to a Lutheran rite, it is very similar to the Catholic Eucharist minus the papal authority.
In Kaka's case we are talking the evangelist which roots are founded in the US. So yes the term is a bit misleading as both use it but its practices are totally different.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:38   #12

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Sorry for ignorance, but I am catholic and I am not very interested in each kind of protestant branch, so that I can not disscuss about this in competative way.
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:40   #13

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
No Rae you are not ignorant. The word itself is misleading. It happens to the best of us too. Cool that your catholic. I'm a protestant and the main thingis that we do believe in god.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:28   #14

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Kui got it right, there are very few similarities between Scandinavian protestantism and American/Latin American/ Caribbean evangelism.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 11:37   #15

shoryuken

Registered User
 
shoryuken's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Leeds, UK
shoryuken is on a distinguished road
Back to Kaką himself....

KAKA SPOKE ABOUT MARRIAGE ON GLOBE TV
6/5/2005
MILAN - According to Gazzetta dello Sport and ANSA, Kaka revealed that he will marry with his historical girlfriend Caroline Celico, 17, after the 2006 World Cup. The declarations would be made in an interview on television station Globo Tv: 'I will marry after the World Cup, I hope as a champion.' The pair have been together for four years.
shoryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:57.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.