AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2005, 04:46   #1

ForzaMilan'88

Registered User
 
ForzaMilan'88's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Shevchenko
ForzaMilan'88 is on a distinguished road
The John Dahl Tomasson factor

There's been quite a few postings of JDT's futue in the Gilardino thread, primarily regarding his future now that we have Vieri and (very likely) Gilardino.

Think this topic deserves a more serious discussion now that he's been liked with a possible transfer (see below). I maintain what I said about him during the Gila discussion: We should keep him. You rarely get a player like him, who can easily make it big elsewhere by playing regular football, wanting to WILLINGLY stay at Milan. His enthusiasm should count.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Benfica Keen On Tomasson
By Brenz - July 9 2005

According to various Portuguese press Benfica manager Ronald Koeman is very keen on bringing Jon Dahl Tomasson to Lisbon. The reigning Portuguese champions are prepared to go far in their attemps to land the Danish striker

His current club AC Milan is keen to hold on to the 28 year old striker, but Benfica are ready to test the Italian giants with a decent offer.

After Tomasson won the UEFA cup with Feyenoord in 2002 he moved to AC Milan on a Bosman free. He never established himself as a regular at Milan, he played 30 games last season for the Rossoneri in which he scored six goals.

The Dane played in the past for Køge BK, SC Heerenveen, Newcastle United and Feyenoord.
--------------------------------------------------------------
__________________
FORZA MILAN!!!
CAMPIONE D'ITALIA
ForzaMilan'88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:34   #2

jani

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Milanello
jani is on a distinguished road
If "decent" offer is a good offer, I wouldnt mind as long as we replace him with someone just about as good. Say somebody like Bazzani or something.
__________________
I've got a devil in me
jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:53   #3

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I'd like him to stay although I really hate him and especially after his disastrous season last year. Ppl who want him out dont understand that we will not find any player as good as him who will accept being a 5th striker!

But ofcourse, also if a decent offer comes in, we should take it and NO NO NO NO, NOT GET BAZZANI cuz he's SO over-rated.. he really sucks.. if we were to get a replacement, it should be something like, Di Michele, Di Natale, Bonazzoli, Fava and players from that calibre.. although i can't see anyone of them coming cuz its a world cup year..an offer i'd accept for JDT? $15m
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:53   #4

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
More likely to go on loan.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:12   #5

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Charlie
More likely to go on loan.
I agree. Rumours suggest Benfica and Stuttgart.

Hey man thanks for keeping us updated on Friday with the Gila news. I don't think I thanked you in the Gila thread.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:31   #6

jani

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Milanello
jani is on a distinguished road
Bazzani will definately accept the 5th striker role, thats why I mentioned his name.
__________________
I've got a devil in me
jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:31   #7

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
http://www.tgcom.it/sport/articoli/articolo265769.shtml

source that says JDT to Benfica
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:52   #8

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Since I am a firm believer that we need 5 strikers, especially when we have two injury prone forwards like Inzaghi and Vieri in the team, I would be glad to see Tomasson stay with us. IMO, as ForzaMilan and some others have also mentioned, there aren't that many quality players out there who would spend so much time on the bench without complaining. And lets not forget what a great season he had in 2003/04 - he does know how to play. Many people here wanna get rid of him because he had a relatively bad 2004/05 season but if that was a legitimate reason to kick someone out, then I guess even Sheva wouldn't be playing for Milan any more.
So all in all, I doubt we could find someone as good as Tomasson, who would be willing to be called "Milan's 5th striker". However, if he wants to leave, then I guess we must find a replacement for him and selling JDT is our only option. I also read on tgcom.it that he could be loaned out to Benfica but I am not quite sure what the point of all this would be - you loan a young striker, who's got potential and you hope that he would get better in the future. In JDT's case I doubt he would get any better and he is 28-29 already. Loaning him would mean losing on a higher transfer fee we could get for him now as opposed to 1 year later it would be just bad business, IMO.
I personally would love to see Milan go for Di Vaio, Makinwa, or someone similar. The players mentioned by hitmannq8 would be also be very good options. The main problem, however, would still be thier desire to be last-in-line at Milan, especially with the WC coming soon. For that matter, I think Makinwa, Fava, and maybe even DI Vaio would be more likely to fancy a move to Milan for they are either too young to expect 1 team spot immediately, or don't have many, if any, chances for making it to the WC.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:56   #9

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
With Vieri and Inzaghi being injury prone, we need a 5th striker. If we are lucky enough to have a player of JDTs caliber accept that role we really should not look any further.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:50   #10

aceventura

Registered User
 
aceventura's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: Maldini,Costacurta.
aceventura
I agree with Henrik but we have to think about the financunal factor as well. JDT earn about 1.5 million euro a year plus we can earn 5-8 million from his selling.
We realy need somre cash for Gilas' deal so he is a player that we can afford to lose.
We do need a 5th striker but we can get some young player (pozzi,Borellio,Kutuzov).
Pippos' condition is still with a big qustion mark so at the button line we should wait with letteng JDT leave.
__________________
Forza Milan
Forza Poalo
Forza Super Pippo
aceventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 13:33   #11

ForzaMilan'88

Registered User
 
ForzaMilan'88's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Shevchenko
ForzaMilan'88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
I also read on tgcom.it that he could be loaned out to Benfica but I am not quite sure what the point of all this would be - you loan a young striker, who's got potential and you hope that he would get better in the future. In JDT's case I doubt he would get any better and he is 28-29 already. Loaning him would mean losing on a higher transfer fee we could get for him now as opposed to 1 year later it would be just bad business.
I agree 100%. If he has to go then we sell. Otherwise, we keep what is potentially the best 5th striker any team could possibly have
__________________
FORZA MILAN!!!
CAMPIONE D'ITALIA
ForzaMilan'88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 18:03   #12

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I believe people in milanello will decide soon do we need 5th striker, as it looks right now, JDT will stay, he is good for 5th striker, but only 5th.... On the other hand , vieri and pippo will have whole summer to prepare for season and i doubt we will need our 5th striker, even in cup matches. But I hate the idea that Tomasson has the advantage of being in front of vieri or pippo in any situation, and knowing Carlo, it could happen... But, if we get some decent money,we should sell him and invest in some young,fresh talent. After all Tomasson is 28 and in 2 years noone will want him. So i suggest sheva-gila. pippo-vieri, and a young speedy talent.
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:30   #13

ForzaMilan'88

Registered User
 
ForzaMilan'88's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Shevchenko
ForzaMilan'88 is on a distinguished road
Milan have put a price of 3.5 mil pounds on Tomasson (report below). Looks like they are considering a sell . Its unfortunate, but I guess management know what they are doing?
---------------------------------------------------------
Benfica set for AC Milan talks over Tomasson
tribalfootball.com - July 11, 2005

AC Milan have slapped a £3.5 million price-tag on striker Jon Dahl Tomasson.
The capture of Christian Vieri and imminent arrival of Parma star Alberto Gilardino has led to Milan inviting offers for Denmark international Tomasson.

Benfica have already made an approach with a £2 million bid. The Portuguese champs are due to hold more formal talks with Milan later this week.

Olympique Marseille and Giovanni Trapattoni's Stuttgart have also expressed interest.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________
FORZA MILAN!!!
CAMPIONE D'ITALIA
ForzaMilan'88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:58   #14

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
It's tribalfootball ... I wouldn't even bother quoting them ... they are as unreliable as it gets. As for the price, it seems a bit on the low side. I am sure we could get more than that for JDT, he is a good striker and isn't that old, after all.
All in all, I would wait and see if this appears on some other, more reliable, sources.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:46   #15

martin

Registered User
 
martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2003
martin is an unknown quantity at this point
thats way too low. i wud want around 6-8 million pounds.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.