AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-2005, 07:39   #1

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Striker combos

Feel free to merge this thread if a discussion of this sort exists (I did check though).

I was thinking since Vieri and Inzaghi are good friends could they start up a prolific parntership? Could certainly be useful and Ancelotti should experiment with it in Coppa Italia games.

Also, do you all think the pressure of playing two strikers up front will force Ancelotti's hand again this season.

I see nothing wrong with playing Gila up front on his own or even Vieri (both are physcially imposing). Gives Sheva a rest.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2005, 08:50   #2

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Even though Sheva-Gila will be the likely starting pair, I think Vieri can be very usefull as a starting partner with either Sheva or Gila in some games. He is strong and forces defenders to pay attention to him, freeing up space for the other striker. As for Pippo, when fit he is/was a marvolous finisher, and I imagine that he will be used primarely as a substitute that comes off the bench when opponents are tired.

PS. I only merge threads that are obvious dublicates, threads that contain no new info or threads that get no responses.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2005, 09:41   #3

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik
Even though Sheva-Gila will be the likely starting pair, I think Vieri can be very usefull as a starting partner with either Sheva or Gila in some games. He is strong and forces defenders to pay attention to him, freeing up space for the other striker. As for Pippo, when fit he is/was a marvolous finisher, and I imagine that he will be used primarely as a substitute that comes off the bench when opponents are tired.

PS. I only merge threads that are obvious dublicates, threads that contain no new info or threads that get no responses.
I agree with you. Vieri and Gila will doubtless delight Lippi.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2005, 09:56   #4

m1ke

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2004
m1ke is on a distinguished road
Vieri's physical presence will also be a great assett towards the end of the game when the opponent is tiring.

He will also allow us to use a different approach when playing the smaller teams who like to defend in numbers, by acting as a target man.

I see Vieri as a new super sub
__________________
. ac milan
the red & black community

prediction league with prizes starting soon!
m1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 01:26   #5

freddydaddy7

Registered User
 
freddydaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2005
freddydaddy7 is on a distinguished road
Yes to have Vieri and Pippo in the Coppa Italia and see Vieri comin in as super sub is pretty good, and havin him at his best and wanting to show lippi he still has it in him would be useful for us and have very tense competition between the 4 strikers depending on how Pippo recovers and how will Ancelotti choice his side.
But what I noticed last night when we played wide with Seghino and Cafu with 3 Man Defense was pretty convincing to see how the juve Team stretched wide and havin them tryin to close down the wings giving opening in the middle for Vieri now that would be fun to see when we see Sheva and Gila upfront when u have ur RB and LB busy tryin to stop Cafu and Serghino and having the DM busy stopping Kaka and Pirlo coming from the middle.
__________________
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8481

every time i look at this pic only thing i want is to WIN the CL in paris and thats all i care
Forza milan
freddydaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2005, 09:55   #6

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Because I consider Sheva a more mobile striker than most, I think he would best partner Gila, who can be a good target man...

That combination, with Kaka and/or Rui Costa supplying them, should give us a goal bonanza...defenders will be wetting their beds the night before playing against them, and between both, we could see 40 goals this season(injury excluded).

Pippo, and Veiri for me are players that come up off the bench, and are used depending on how the team we are playing against are structured defensively.

Pippo can be used agains tiring defenders who are leaving spaces in the back as their team presses forwards, while Bobo IMO is best used when there is little space, and we need a "target" man to play with his back to the goal, and convert a few headers from crosses.

The problem I have with this is that I doubt Veiri will make any sort of positive contribution to our attack...but I may very well be(and I hope I am) wrong about that...
__________________
I Love Milan.

Last edited by Warro Bantan; 25-07-2005 at 10:03.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.