AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2005, 14:28   #1

Dil dil

Registered User
 
Dil dil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: U.S.A
Fave Players: all Ac milan players espacialy Maldini, inzaghi
Dil dil is on a distinguished road
Gilardinio press conference

ALBERTO GILARDINO PRESS CONFERENCE
7/21/2005 4:16:00 PM
- Do you feel like you are at Disneyland?
I have been well received: the staff, the players. It's a dream to be
here, I can work in total tranquility. There is everything here to
improve and win. I am proud and content. I have to thank Milan, Parma
and also myself!

- What do you expect and what don't you expect?
I was at Parma for three years, the way of working is completely
different. It's the top here, there is every particular cure to help
every player.

- Why Milan?
I selected Milan because they are the team that totally wanted me, and
then because it has always been my dream to play here: Milan are the
number one side in the world.

- Did you fear the negotiations would not go according to plan?
Negotiations went on for a long time, I needed plenty of patience but
I was sure that an agreement would be found. There was a hypothesis
that I would remain at Parma but it went well in the end, for Parma as
well, I have to thank that my sale brought important money into the
club to buy top-quality players. It wasn't up to me to put me on
auction but it was good of them to realise that I wanted to come to
Milan.

- Will you be in competition with Vieri at Milan as you are in the
national side?
The competition for places at Milan is right and proper. There is
Vieri, Inzaghi, Shevchenko. If you want to win then you need a strong
group of players, therefore the competition is unavoidable. Of course,
I am thinking ahead to the World Cup, I am 23 and it's one of my
objectives. First I want to do well in a Milan shirt and then if
possible, with the national side.

- How do you think you will win a starting place at Milan?
Training as hard as possible and with great humility, giving my
maximum when the coach calls on me. I knew by coming here I would have
to compete for a place but I will play all my cards in order to do it.
It's up to the boss how much I play. In a great side you have to
accept the turnover. We have four good attackers, composed of four
important players but the other sides are not lacking. I was hit last
night by the Juve midfield, especially Vieira. Juventus and Inter are
two great sides.

- Is it easier to score at Parma?
Parma was based around the Gilardino-Morfeo couple. It's different
here. But if you can score you can at Parma or here ... we'll see.

- How has your impact with your team-mates been?
I knew some of them from the national side. I have been accepted well
by everyone. The impact with Maldini has been really good. Paolo is a
symbol, you can see that even from how he speaks, how he moves. He's a
really great player and a really great person.

- Who were your idols?
Van Basten. And Batistuta. The same with Vieri and Inzaghi, I was
fascinated by him at Verona and watched and studied how he moved. Van
Basten was one of the top players in the history of football, he had
an incredible elegance, compared to his height, it was something
extrordinary.

- Where must you improve?
Right and left shots from outside the area. I am also ready to deal
with the pressure, I have to give my all everytime I play, to be
concentrated and as determined as possible. I have seen a group that
is charged up, detemined and a great desire to bounce back. They are
all great players with a great mentality. I am curious to play
alongside them for the first time.

- Have you thought who your ideal partner would be?
I have not trained with everyone at a tactical level. Bobo and me are
two out-and-out strikers, Pippo and Sheva move more. We'll need to
see.

- Are you going to America?
On Monday.

- You were a Juve fan when you were young…
When I was young, due to the passsion transmitted from my father ...
Now I am wearing a Milan shirt and I am a Milan follower to all
effect!

- What did Sacchi tell you about Milan?
I have had plenty of talks with Sacchi: beyond advising me about
tactical movements he spoke well about the environment. I asked a lot
of questions about Van Basten...

- Are you afraid about inheriting Crespo's shirt?
I have no fear, if I did then I wouldn't have come here. I know Hernan
left an excellent record here. It's a honour for anyone to wear such
an important shirt.

- Who will you dedicate your first goal to?
To me, my family, my girl.

- Where there negotiations with other clubs?
My intention was always to come to Milan, I thought that last year.
Other clubs wanted to intervene but I was certain.

- Could you play on July 27?
I am working hard at the moment, more so than in past years. It's up
to the boss.

- The other evening Galliani made you call Sheva…
Yes, but not just him: also Gattuso and Maldini. And president
Berlusconi. He congratulated me and wished me plenty of luck. He said
he was content about my arrival. That pleased me.

- What are your objectives?
I want to win the Champions League and the title. If I had to choose
one I would prefer the Champions League because it is a competition
that has always fascinated me but I have never played in.
__________________
Dildil= N1 fan of Ac milan
and always will be and for ever
Dil dil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 21:49   #2

jani

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Milanello
jani is on a distinguished road
haha why the hell did Galliani ask him to call Sheva?

Gilardino : Hello Sheva, this is Alberto.
Sheva : Oh so Milan bought you to partner me in attack? Just remember, Im the king


__________________
I've got a devil in me
jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 01:23   #3

freddydaddy7

Registered User
 
freddydaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2005
freddydaddy7 is on a distinguished road
The reason to do that is to show him who is the Boss in Milan( Sheva coz he would be partnering him up front, The warrior Gattsuo, and the King him Self Maldini) so he would make sure who rules funny he didnt call Ancelotti
__________________
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8481

every time i look at this pic only thing i want is to WIN the CL in paris and thats all i care
Forza milan
freddydaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:32.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.