![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
![]() |
Dimitrios Eleftheropoulos sucks?
I didn't think he was that bad. Kalac would be an awesome signing though. He is HUUUUUUUUUUUGE.
-------- Milan’s summer spending may not be quite over as boss Carlo Ancelotti is allegedly unimpressed with Dimitrios Eleftheropoulos. The Greek goalkeeper was brought in on a one-year deal this summer as back-up to first choice Nelson Dida. But the former Messina man, netted following the departure of Christian Abbiati (pictured) to Genoa, has struggled to impress during pre-season. That has led to reports that the Italian giants are possibly looking to sign a new shot-stopper before the start of term. Perugia ‘keeper Zeljko Kalac has been linked to the San Siro giants yet again given his situation. The giant custodian could be available on a free transfer as his club have not been registered for the Serie B campaign as a result of their finances. If the Umbrian outfit lose their appeal against that ruling and are demoted to Serie C, Kalac could be heading north. Milan are also reportedly close to signing Lazio right-back, and former Rossoneri youth team product, Massimo Oddo. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
![]() |
I am not sure why Carlo seems to dislike/distrust Ele - from what the Greek goallie showed in the friendlies, I didn't see why he might not be capable of being our 2nd keeper. Maybe Carlo never wanted Ele in the first place and he had to be content with him because Braida and Galliani "asked" him to be. Maybe now, with Peruggia getting demoted to Serie C1, Carlo has found a way to get his 1st choice - Kalac - for free so he is going for it ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
![]() |
Demi seemed pretty motivated in the games - which is more than i can say for Abbiati who looked like he just woke up when he got games last season. Abbiati looked lethargic, asleep, lazy and bored. His last great game was against Inter in the CL semi finals of 2003.
Kalac - i mean, wow. He is HUGE. H U G E. His agility isn't all that great though and beyond being damn imposing and able to pick out crosses from the sky by barely lifting off the ground, I am not sure why Ancelotti prefers him to Demi. I always thought he was a tad clumsy and quick footed strikers always seemed to throw him off. His centre of gravity is so high that changing directions quickly seems impossible! But Carlo knows better than me ![]() if anyone is wondering who he is : http://www.nationalfootballteams.741.com/kalac.jpg Last edited by Nadir; 09-08-2005 at 23:03. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
Well, I can't complain about Kalac. He has improved a LOT to say the least from when he was at Leicester City.
I'm still surprised to hear about Demi |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
![]() |
I still think it is just a media invented rumour. I wouldnt take it for true just yet. I think Milan will give Elef....polous more time. We are not Inter.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
![]() |
i remember seeing kalac when perugia were in serieA and he always impressed me, he was somehwat similar to frey only frey was just better, and that was two years ago, im not sure if he dropped form by then but if not i dont mind him being second choice. ele has been really good from what ive seen in preseason i cant understand why we would want to leave him
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
I watched Elef against Chelsea and he didnt really communicate with the defence. A couple of times Nesta and Cafu had to clear the ball because Elef didnt seem to let them know properly. Or maybe they noticed something in training so didnt trust him. Im sure Carlo knows best.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2000
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Nesta, Maldini, Kaka
![]() |
I think this is just one made by the media. I think we will keep Elef - not that we were not interested in Kalac earlier in the summer...!!
__________________
Milan is the best there is, the best there was - and the best that there will be!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
![]() |
milan have got rid of keepers early in the season before. remember taibi and lehman?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Sweden
Fave Players: All red & black players
![]() |
This is a dream come true because this new keeper really sucks. This keeper is a nightmare. Demi can't even capture a shot from my little brother. Please get rid of him and sign Kalac. Kalac is for free and roma want's him too hurry briada and galliani.
GOOOO KALAC![]()
__________________
Forza A.C Milan![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
![]() |
Some people are very quick on ditching players after they have seen them in only a game or two, at most. Same was with Crespo, Dhorasoo, and now Vieri and Ele. Only wonder who will be the next one?
I am pretty sure though that you have not watched Ele play in competitive games, apart from the couple of friendlies he has played in this summer, yet you think you have formed a thourough opinion of him. Meybe if you took the trouble to actually look more closely into his career, you might learn that he was voted best goal keeper in the CL in 1999 and that was with the, more or less, average team of Olympiacos. Soon after that, due to problems with his club's management, Ele found himself on the downhill being denied playing time and eventually they ditched him to Messina, I think. My point is that if he is given a bit more time and support, he could be a real find for us for Ele is times better than Abbiati - the Greek just has not been very fortunate over the past years. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2000
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Nesta, Maldini, Kaka
![]() |
As a backup for Dida, I think Elef is quite good. He can only be better than Abbiati who really sucked during his last time with Milan...
__________________
Milan is the best there is, the best there was - and the best that there will be!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2003
Location: Adelaide (Australia)
Fave Players: Kaka', Inzaghi, Pato
![]() |
It would be good to see a fellow Australian playing for AC Milan.
I remember the days when Kalac used to play for Sydney United in the NSL in Australia - when he came and played against Adelaide I was shocked how tall he actually was - his head was nearly touching the cross bar ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Sweden
Fave Players: All red & black players
![]() |
Quote:
here is an interview with Kalac goalkeeper Zeljko Kalac said: 'I am expecting a call from Milan. If it comes I will run there straightaway. I want to stay in Italy and at a top club. I would really like to be back-up to Dida at Milan. In any case, I'll wait and see what offers arrive. As for Perugia, I am very sorry for the fans and Alessandro Gaucci.' thats the spirit
__________________
Forza A.C Milan![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Sweden
Fave Players: All red & black players
![]() |
It is official now Kalac is a milan player jipiii.
sorry for the dubble post ![]()
__________________
Forza A.C Milan![]()
|
|
|
|