AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-09-2005, 14:37   #1

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
Schalke vs AC Milan (PRE MATCH COMMENTS)

Group stage - 28 September 2005 20:45 (CET) - Arena Aufschalke - Gelsenkirchen

Discuss away
Nadir is offline  
Old 19-09-2005, 10:54   #2

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Nadir, I applaud you for opening this thread, but on the back of the ridiculous result over the weekend, I am loath to try to be objective at this stage of my recovery.

With that result foremost in my thoughts, my thinking is so negative right now, that I cant begin to try to type anything positive at this point.

Let me just say that I hope we have learned (and yet, after Istanbul, Eindhoven, and the Riazor, are we too dunce to?) from the weekend, and that the players lift their heads, and get a result...and I mean 3 points...anything else, IMO is a failure.

(there..u see...I am definately not in the right frame of mind to be posting positively at the moment)
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 19-09-2005, 17:53   #3

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
There are 2 games in Serie A before Schalke game. This thread shouldnt have been opened too soon. We need 2 win both games against Lazio and @Treviso before talking about this game.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 20-09-2005, 09:39   #4

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
There are 2 games in Serie A before Schalke game. This thread shouldnt have been opened too soon. We need 2 win both games against Lazio and @Treviso before talking about this game.
hitmannq8..so sorry your highness...we will not post any more until you say so oh mighty King!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 20-09-2005, 10:58   #5

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
let's rip them off for Devil's sake!!!!!
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 20-09-2005, 11:03   #6

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
schlake are a tough team but milan should win
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline  
Old 20-09-2005, 11:59   #7

Milanium

Registered User
 
Milanium's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Lurking deep beneath...
Fave Players: Totò Schillaci
Milanium is on a distinguished road
Milan will start totally dominating and will keep it throughout the whole game, with Seedorf and Gattusso cuting and passing like hell, Pirlo will recover all his grace setting up two goals for Gila and one Sheva... Everything from then on Paris 06 will look pretty promising... BUT THEN... we will get over confident, let our guard down sluggishing for the next game... and then our confidence will be shaken again when we'll get beaten down... ALL OF THIS TOLD me my Tarot teller... Don't blame me ... This wasn't my opinion, I'm just replying her... 'cause I'm not trusting me anymore...
Milanium is offline  
Old 20-09-2005, 15:18   #8

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanium
Milan will start totally dominating and will keep it throughout the whole game, with Seedorf and Gattusso cuting and passing like hell, Pirlo will recover all his grace setting up two goals for Gila and one Sheva... Everything from then on Paris 06 will look pretty promising... BUT THEN... we will get over confident, let our guard down sluggishing for the next game... and then our confidence will be shaken again when we'll get beaten down... ALL OF THIS TOLD me my Tarot teller... Don't blame me ... This wasn't my opinion, I'm just replying her... 'cause I'm not trusting me anymore...


Wow, can I get her phone number?
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 20-09-2005, 16:46   #9

Milanium

Registered User
 
Milanium's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Lurking deep beneath...
Fave Players: Totò Schillaci
Milanium is on a distinguished road
Warro Bantan

I don't think she'd like THE DEVIL calling her...LOL

Anyway... I'll keep on posting her predictions, though.

Last edited by Milanium; 20-09-2005 at 17:02.
Milanium is offline  
Old 22-09-2005, 11:23   #10

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanium
Warro Bantan

I don't think she'd like THE DEVIL calling her...LOL

Anyway... I'll keep on posting her predictions, though.
lol
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline  
Old 26-09-2005, 10:22   #11

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Ok, just went through gol.tv and ESPN´s schedules, and guess what...neither are showing the Schalke-Milan match...but I guess with Liverpool vs Chelsea, and the HUMUNGOUS clash between Serie A GIANTS Udinese and Barcelona will get more viewership than lill ol Milan and German minnows Schalke...the two runners-up domestically in Italy and Germany last term!

While I am not really surprised in truth, I am disapppointed. Anyone know if the game can be watched via the net?

Back to the game itself however.

Schalke´s record in the Bundesliga so far this season reads:
Club Pts Pld Wins Draws Loses
Schalke 13 7 3 4 0

At a quick glance, they have won a few games (most if not all low scoring) while drawing (again with blank scoresheets or low scoring stalemates), indicating that they are better defensively than in attack.

Against Milan, at home, it is my guess that they will indeed be pressured by their fans into an attacking game, though in all honesty, they do seek to maintain posession at home...

From uefa.com:

Quote:
Schalke ended a barren run of five games without a win with victory over Hannover on Saturday. The home side dominated the encounter but were forced to wait until just before the hour mark to make the breakthrough, Brazilian playmaker Lincoln rising highest to power in Mladen Krstajić's pin-point cross. Lincoln missed from the penalty spot three minutes later but Kevin Kuranyi soon sealed victory with another header on 66 minutes.

"We haven't been in form in recent weeks but the players gave the right answer on the field today," said Schalke managing director Rudi Assauer. "It was a very good display and made up for disappointing performances in the first few games. We dominated the match throughout and earned a well deserved win."

Søren Larsen was finally handed his first start for the club after scoring three times in just six substitute's appearances, including the equaliser against 1. FC Nürnberg which salvaged a share of the spoils for Schalke in midweek. Coach Ralf Rangnick's hand was forced by a back injury to his other Danish striker, Ebbe Sand, but he could return on Wednesday. Marco van Hoogdalem (hip), Mimoun Azaouagh, Christian Pander, Gerald Asamoah (all knee), Simon Cziommer and Tim Hoogland (both ankle) are all out though.
Lincoln and Kuranyi are their two main threats, and the win on the weekend will definately put the win back into the sails of the german club. Kuranyi is strong in the air, and has good footwork as well, and I hope Ancelotti is aware of this (if he isnt, I need to remember to give him a call). HJaving played on Saturday, they are also benefit of an extra day´s rest, and because they are better advanced in their season, they will be fitter than we are presently.

We will have to have our game faces on, as Germany is not a traditionally happy hunting ground for Milan.

Milan however, are finding thier form, and though this game comes too quickly for my liking, Carlo was prudent in making key changes to the lineup that faced Trevisio, with Ambro, Sheva and Stam all making early exits.

Cafu also played less than a half, though Rui Costa (IMO) should have started for Kaka, if it is that the Brazilian phenom is to play vs the Germans.

Nevertheless, it should prove to be an entertaining match, and as happy as I would be for a win, an away draw to Schalke wouldnt be a failure in my books.

FORZA MILAN!!!!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 26-09-2005, 10:33   #12

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
an away draw to Schalke wouldnt be a failure in my books.
FORZA MILAN!!!!
I would be very happy with an away win. Mathematically it gives us some room. I actually expect a draw as the only excusable result.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline  
Old 26-09-2005, 10:40   #13

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Victory, is what will satisfy me No draws, no defeats. Only victoru\ies I expect.

Forza Milan

rae is offline  
Old 26-09-2005, 11:50   #14

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
We need to win these kind of games if we wanna win the CL. 0-1 would be enough.
mrki is offline  
Old 26-09-2005, 11:58   #15

slicknick

Registered User
 
slicknick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
slicknick is on a distinguished road
Tough game but we HAVE TO win if we want to secure qualification as soon as possible...I will keep my fingers crossed, FORZA MILAN!!!
slicknick is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.