![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
![]() |
Hurrican Rita
Here you can discuss about hurricane Rita i hope no one is hurt
__________________
Abbiati Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini Flamini Pirlo Boateng Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho
Last edited by Dr Milano; 24-09-2005 at 10:38. Reason: just need to change name |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Milanello
![]() |
has it hit already?
Im really sorry for the Americans ![]()
__________________
I've got a devil in me |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
![]() |
Well the hurricane was downgraded to level2. The worst part is that after pumping all the water out of New Orleans, the city was flooded again due to the rain that this hurricane caused for the surrounding area.
The worst part to worry about is that when it hits the inlands it is no longer a hurricane but a series of thunderstorms. Now in the US where there is thunderstorms, there will be these supercells that causes the creation of Tornados that can cause havoc to almost 1/3 of the country. It happens all the time and the destruction is unbelievable. This is why I dont understand why the shock of Katrina is turned out to be such a big thing. Under many Presidents who had to deal with disasters, FEMA was never up to par. Most disasters in the US nobody ever hears about. But with Katrina and about a quarter of a million black minorities thrown into the mix... NOW that a STORY. Tornadoes across white hick downs that affect just as much white people wont make it outside the US as news. Yet it is convenient now to throw blame around for the sole fact that it is politically oppurtune to do so. WHo's doing this??? Well the media domestic and foreign. Division always creates news and news creates money for them. The good news is that many people regardless of political affiliation has stepped up and helped out monetarily or otherwise. It's all the pols and the media who are quick to start pointing fingers and placing blame to cause a sensation that are the problem. With midterm elections, people in the political and media power circles from all sides are maneuvering and placing bets insuring voting results that fit their agendas.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord, Attend me to all my days. O may thine house be mine abode, And all my works be praise. There would I find a settled rest, Where other go and come; No more a stranger nor a guest, But like a child at home. My Shepherd will... KZION Radio |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Administrator
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
![]() |
Kui, you made some good points. Tornados can indeed wipe out entire towns and we may here one or 2 reports on it and that's it. Kind of gives one the impression that oh well, it happened but just snap your fingers and it's not only cleaned up but everything is rebuilt.
The fact that what happened in New Orleans affected alot of minorities was at first not even an issue; it's as if someone who does make an issue out of such tings noticed it and started to make noise. You know how it is, the squeakiest wheel gets not only the grease, but the attention as well. Of course it's politically opportune...Jesse Jackson, not to name any names. Let's face it, Bush is controversial, we Dems want him gone,the sooner the better. If he can be made to look as incompetent as he has been all along....oops...now I'm treading in political issues.But you are totally correct--the finger pointing aside, it's the common people of both affiliations who have stepped forward and done what the government was not doing properly. We also have to look at how Texas seemed at least to manage a better evacuation. Were they better prepared, learned alot of lessons very quickly from New Orleans and Gulfport or had a better plan all along?
__________________
...not your normal paranormal.... |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |||
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
![]() |
Quote:
"Hey survivor... What did you have to eat to survive??? Oh boy I sure enjoyed that dvd sandwich I made! Hmmm good." Now Jesse Jackson. SIgh.... You know as an indigenous minority in my own homeland people like him who say they represent "his own" people, cause more division and harm than anyone else. I know what it is like to fight as I have done everyday to beat the stigma people put on you including the dangerous stigma created within from your own fellow minorities. As if success was a bad thing or a sell-out to your own "kind". You know like... "wow! how come you speak like a white man??? Are you ashamed to be native???" and then you get it from the otherside... "how come you dont act like those other natives???" Like it fvcking really matters. Truth of the matter is that one may be a monority, but you dont need to act out the stigma created on the outside and from within. For goodness sakes get out of this "I'm a victim" cr@p and get with the program. Now you white people are a bunch of sick bastards. Dont get me wrong though because when it comes to ethnic rife and division and crime, a good portion of this is originated from within the minority groups themselves and we have a good number of sick bastards too which isnt the fault of any white people at all. It's an excuse and a cop out a lot of my own people use when they hit a road block in their life. It's never their fault at all and they always find an amazing way to place the blame on somebody or something else. Everything a f-ing conspiracy theory to them. It makes me sick frankly. Out of this though, I have seen minorities who take it on their own to get rid of these stereotypes and worked hard and got educated and swallowed their pride. No surprise to say that these people found success. And this was done without compromising their love of their culture, language and history. People like me didnt abandon our own people. But a good portion of our own abandoned us because it easier for them to get a handout. You know I hardly watch any movies at all, because I have a tight ship to run but there was this really good movie called "CRASH" that really touched on the attitudes that I have mentioned above. I have to say I was quite impressed with the whole meaning of this movie. It got really deep and was dead on correct in ethnic matters. I suggest people go watch this on dvd if you really want to get the point I'm trying to come across. It stars the guy from "HOTEL RWANDA" or something like that. Other stars would include Matt Dillon, Ryan Phillipe, and a few others. Quote:
Quote:
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord, Attend me to all my days. O may thine house be mine abode, And all my works be praise. There would I find a settled rest, Where other go and come; No more a stranger nor a guest, But like a child at home. My Shepherd will... KZION Radio Last edited by Kui; 26-09-2005 at 10:16. |
|||
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
![]() |
Double post. ooopppss
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord, Attend me to all my days. O may thine house be mine abode, And all my works be praise. There would I find a settled rest, Where other go and come; No more a stranger nor a guest, But like a child at home. My Shepherd will... KZION Radio |
|
|
|