AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2005, 16:52   #1

sam_3

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Fave Players: maldini
sam_3
vieri's form

Hi everyone,

I just wanted 2 c ur views about vieri's form. he scored today for italy. but his form was really alarming. he missed many chances and he almost messed up the goal he scored. he isn't his usual self where he will score from any position or any touch. i use to think he was one of the best in the business a few years ago. but to be honest im not sure he is what he use to be. I hope the goal he scored will boost his moral and pump him up to rediscover his old self.
sam_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 16:58   #2

sheva-gila

Registered User
 
sheva-gila's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Location: kosovo
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, R80, T.Silva, Pato
sheva-gila is on a distinguished road
and how was gila's goal was a nice goal ?
sheva-gila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 17:03   #3

sam_3

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Fave Players: maldini
sam_3
It was pretty nice although he missed a great chance.
sam_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 17:05   #4

sheva-gila

Registered User
 
sheva-gila's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Location: kosovo
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, R80, T.Silva, Pato
sheva-gila is on a distinguished road
really , but he scored this is important.
sheva-gila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 19:12   #5

kenny_shev

Registered User
 
kenny_shev's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fave Players: sheva and Milan team
kenny_shev
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_3
Hi everyone,

I just wanted 2 c ur views about vieri's form. he scored today for italy. but his form was really alarming. he missed many chances and he almost messed up the goal he scored. he isn't his usual self where he will score from any position or any touch. i use to think he was one of the best in the business a few years ago. but to be honest im not sure he is what he use to be. I hope the goal he scored will boost his moral and pump him up to rediscover his old self.
His form does concern me a bit actually. He hasnt been that sharp upfront at all to be honest. Look at the way the man plays, you can tell he is really frustrated with not scoring. However, I wouldnt write the guy off just yet. Hopefully, with confidence restored, he will find his scoring boots soon.
kenny_shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 20:18   #6

shevagol_7

Registered User
 
shevagol_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Sheva, Maldini, Kaka'
shevagol_7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I really think that now that Vieri has broken his duck he'll have the confidence needed to keep scoring. I think that Vieri should be given more starts while he is gaining form because I think he is more of a hot and cold player where as Gilardino will need to be given time before he becomes what we all expect him to be.
__________________
FORZA ROSSONERI!!!!!!
shevagol_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 21:07   #7

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Hope Vieri will improve as he did not play bad today, he played utterly disgusting.. something that really makes you feel sick, even worse than Gattuso trying to shoot on goal on try to run down the wing.. Gilardino on the hand is clearly improving game by game, I did not see either his goal or the chance he missed, but im optimistic that Gilardino will be extremely useful to us this year.. Vieri? I dont know but i wish him the best
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 17:02   #8

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevagol_7
I really think that now that Vieri has broken his duck he'll have the confidence needed to keep scoring. I think that Vieri should be given more starts while he is gaining form because I think he is more of a hot and cold player where as Gilardino will need to be given time before he becomes what we all expect him to be.
eeeeediat Vieri....of course he misses sitters...he couldnt hit the broadside of a barn with an uzi.

Saying Vieri and Form in the same sentence is like saying...I dunno...chocolate and lime juice in the same sentence.

Though I sincerely hope for Milan´s sake that he finds form soon, I know that to be as difficult as finding a needle in a haystack.

I have completely lost faith in his ability to do anything but miss goals, and if the highlights of the Italy game I saw were any indication of his "prowess", he needs about 3 more years of practice kicking balls into an open net before he will be a consistent scorer again.

More starts? Please, he should be relegated to the Primavera, and I honestly think that Lippi selects him for the WCup at his, and Italy´s peril.

I would put Inzahgi in before eeediat Vieri any day. Hitmannq8 and I seem to have a convergence of opinion insofar as this clown is concerned.

As long as he wears a Milan shirt, I will not condemn him completely, (though the above comes awful close) and will continue to offer prayers to any God, Gods, or Goddess who will give my pleas for him to score a divine ear. I will even sacrifice my first born (pet guppy that is) in the hope that he will have a 20 goal season.

Unfortunately, if he manages to do that, he will probably have wasted 10 times as many chances, and only score vs relegation cannon fodder, secure a starting place, only to waste chance after chance in the derby or vs the Zebras.

Carletto, please bench Vieri for the remainder of the season, only putting him in to replace an injured/tired player, or for tactical reasons.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2005, 18:23   #9

slicknick

Registered User
 
slicknick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
slicknick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
Saying Vieri and Form in the same sentence is like saying...I dunno...chocolate and lime juice in the same sentence.
Hehe, I just love your metaphor....
__________________
7 UCL titles - Coincidence ? I think not...
slicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:13   #10

AC Milan Ottawa

Registered User
 
AC Milan Ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Location: CANADA
Fave Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko, Baggio
AC Milan Ottawa is on a distinguished road
I have not been impressed at all with Vieri's form so far. I would prefer to see Gilardino and Inzaghi partner Sheva up front and save Vieri for the Coppa Italia or late substition roles. His best days are long gone and he slows down the Milan attack.

I would prefer Ancelotti go with one striker in some cases, if say Gila or Sheva are out of the line-up. This will give Milan an opportunity to play Rui Costa a little more and also give Jankolovski or Serginho more opportunity on the wing.

Keep your fingers crossed for a positive result vs. PSV today - anything else would make things rather tricky.
AC Milan Ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:26   #11

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
It would help Vieri i he just used his strength more and held up the ball for other players.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:57   #12

meazza

Registered User
 
meazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Fave Players: maldini
meazza is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
Saying Vieri and Form in the same sentence is like saying...I dunno...chocolate and lime juice in the same sentence.
i think we should have a competition to see how many times those two things occur in the same sentence.


Ingredients to a Mount Gay chocolate orange:
Mount Gay Rum, Mozart Chocolate Liqueur, Grand Marnier and a dash of fresh lime juice, shaken and topped with orange bitters.

and while you're drinking that you could listen to

http://www.rajshri.com/hahk-lyric4.html


__________________
I've had Delia Smith.
meazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 16:41   #13

slicknick

Registered User
 
slicknick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
slicknick is on a distinguished road
No Comment....
__________________
7 UCL titles - Coincidence ? I think not...
slicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 17:05   #14

sf_esq

Registered User
 
sf_esq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: San Francisco, California
Fave Players: Maldini
sf_esq is on a distinguished road
At what point does Carlo stop playing the guy? That's all I want to know.
sf_esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 17:09   #15

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
This smilie really resembles Vieri after his countless missed oppertunities
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.