AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 08:09   #1

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Vieri out - Crespo in?

Borrowed this from Channel4........................

Milan’s Christian Vieri could be on his way to Spain and replaced at the San Siro by Hernan Crespo.

According to Spanish daily Diario Sport, Vieri is being touted to numerous clubs in La Liga, with Espanyol the favourite among them to capture the services of the striker.

Vieri has not had the best of starts to the season at his new club and has scored just once for the Rossoneri.

A further source of displeasure for the 32-year-old is that he is not first choice under Carlo Ancelotti and is growing frustrated at watching on from the sidelines - and sometimes even the stands.

At this stage in his career and with a last chance to appear in the World Cup fast approaching, the Italy international is eager to play regular football.

He is therefore said to be in favour of a move to Spain, where he enjoyed a successful year with Atletico Madrid, scoring 24 goals in as many matches during the 1997-98 season.

Should Bobo leave for the Barcelona-based club, Milan would be keen on welcoming back Crespo from Chelsea.

The Argentina striker, who was hugely reluctant to end his loan spell at Milan and return to London this summer, has hardly played for the Blues this term and allegedly had a huge falling-out with Jose Mourinho recently.

Although he has denied any rift with his Coach, it seems clear that Crespo would relish a return to Milan, where he enjoyed a successful spell last year.

"You must not believe I'm going to leave in January," the former Lazio and Parma man said.

"I am very happy here. The group of players is great and the manager is great. And when you play in a great team it is normal that you do not always have a place.

"Of course I am frustrated. I know that I am at Chelsea, if I want to play for a small team then I will always get 90 minutes. But when you play at a big team like Chelsea you need to be patient. The season is still early."

His wife and family still live in Italy.
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:54   #2

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
excellent....finaly galliani realised vieri cant do it anymore, or maybe berlusconi decided to take things in his hands. Anyway, Crespo is welcomed but he will still be only 3rd or 4th striker...
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:50   #3

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Well, lets not leave out the possibility that Vieri, who as we all know is keen to see how he can negatively impact the Azzuri this coming WCup, is agitating for more starts, which, IMO, he DEFINATELY doesnt deserve.

I say, good luck Vieri, and good riddance. I would take Hernan any day over Vieri...aka Barney.(the purple dinasaur)

The issue is though, will Chelski let Crespo leave? Sorry to say I no longer follow the EPL as much as I used to, but I think there is a distinct lack of strikers at Chelsea..I mean, they have three right? Gudjonsen, (spelling, ) Drogba and Hernan...correct me please if I am wrong..

So unless they are able to sign another striker in Jan, I dont see them letting Hernan go. Who I would really like to see is Torres...but that prob wont happen till season´s end.(If it does at all).
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:39   #4

GilAttack [11]

Registered User
 
GilAttack [11]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
GilAttack [11] is on a distinguished road
I dont mind if its Crespo or X, I want Vieri out replaced with a capable striker.

Obviously it would be nice to have Hernan back, but I dont know if Chelsea would let him go so easy. Moreover, they would be reluctant to loan him yet again (I guess), so its going to be tough.

The Gunners (Arsenal) are going hard after Fernando Torres, offering 30M Euros for him. Milan cant top that after buying Gila...
GilAttack [11] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:47   #5

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilAttack [11]
I dont mind if its Crespo or X, I want Vieri out replaced with a capable striker.

Obviously it would be nice to have Hernan back, but I dont know if Chelsea would let him go so easy. Moreover, they would be reluctant to loan him yet again (I guess), so its going to be tough.

The Gunners (Arsenal) are going hard after Fernando Torres, offering 30M Euros for him. Milan cant top that after buying Gila...
you think 30m euro is enough for torres? cannot be.

i don't mind crespo too, at least he play well even when not scoring. veiri is just plain bad. but anyway with sheva and gila as the first choice, inzaghi returning to form, crespo might find the going tough in milan as well.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:48   #6

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
Well, lets not leave out the possibility that Vieri, who as we all know is keen to see how he can negatively impact the Azzuri this coming WCup, is agitating for more starts, which, IMO, he DEFINATELY doesnt deserve.

I say, good luck Vieri, and good riddance. I would take Hernan any day over Vieri...aka Barney.(the purple dinasaur)

The issue is though, will Chelski let Crespo leave? Sorry to say I no longer follow the EPL as much as I used to, but I think there is a distinct lack of strikers at Chelsea..I mean, they have three right? Gudjonsen, (spelling, ) Drogba and Hernan...correct me please if I am wrong..

So unless they are able to sign another striker in Jan, I dont see them letting Hernan go. Who I would really like to see is Torres...but that prob wont happen till season´s end.(If it does at all).
chelsea is stupid, same goes for mourinho. that guy is in love with drogba. even when crespo play well and score goals, he still got dropped and replaced by a under-performing drogba, i would be pissed if i am in crespo's shoes.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:31   #7

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Any striker would do it for me over Vieri, but I do not believe this. Everyone at Milanello want Vieri to stay, they think he is a 'nice person'.

http://www.calciomercato.com/modules...cle&sid=102371

That link has rumours indicated that the SPanish press say that Vieri will be leaving Milan soon to join a spanish club. It is believed that Atletico Madrid and Espanyol are topping that list. Imagine us getting Henry/Torres instead of Vieri? *GULP* and *FINGERS CROSSED*
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 14:55   #8

Rayno_acm

Registered User
 
Rayno_acm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Bulgaria
Fave Players: MVB,Sheva,Weah,Kaka',Pirlo
Rayno_acm is on a distinguished road
This is just a rumour...
I'd welcome Hernan back, but I can't see how this could happen...
__________________
FORZA MAGICO MILAN
Rayno_acm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 15:59   #9

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilAttack [11]
The Gunners (Arsenal) are going hard after Fernando Torres, offering 30M Euros for him. Milan cant top that after buying Gila...
There is a 60M pound buy out clause for Torres I believe, which Aresenal cannot match, as their offer (or rumored offer) is half that.

From theguardian:
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...639399,00.html

Quote:
Torres agent denies Gunners talks But Mexican starlet on his way to north London

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres's agent has rejected claims that Arsenal have contacted him with a view to signing the Spanish international.
Arsène Wenger is understood to want to bring the 21-year-old forward to Highbury next year and scout Steve Rowley was spotted at Atletico's match against Sevilla last weekend.

However Jose Antonio Martin remains adamant that the two parties have not spoken in the last 18 months.

"The last time I spoke with Arsenal was a year and a half ago," said Martin. "As of today, there has been no contact."

A clause in Torres's contract will allow him to quit the club for £60m, but that price will understandably deter the Londoners - and most other suitors - from making a move for him.
While there are rumors abounding re Henry and Milan, I am not buying that either, unless I read something on either club´s website:

From channel4.com:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ngloangle.html

Quote:
Milan watching Henry
Milan are reportedly keeping tabs on Arsenal striker Thierry Henry. The club are thought to be looking at future reinforcements, despite already having Andriy Shevchenko, Alberto Gilardino, Pippo Inzaghi and Christian Vieri. Carlo Ancelotti worked with the Frenchman while he was Coach at Juventus and makes no secret of his admiration for the Arsenal captain. The 28-year-old has yet to negotiate a new deal with the Highbury club, refusing to do so until the summer.
All in all, I would prefer Torres, only because he is younger, not because I think he is currently better than Henry.

What I have doubts about is Henry´s ability to score with as much ease in the Serie A as he does in the EPL. Its not really fair to judge him based on his Juve experience, where he was fielded as a winger...plus, Wenger the magician has transformed into an almost completely different player.

Still prefer Torres though, despite the tendancy for Spaniards to fail in Italy.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 17:06   #10

slicknick

Registered User
 
slicknick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
slicknick is on a distinguished road
Vieri can go to wherever he wants, and hoesntly I would welcome Crespo with arms wide open!
__________________
7 UCL titles - Coincidence ? I think not...
slicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 19:29   #11

meazza

Registered User
 
meazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Fave Players: maldini
meazza is on a distinguished road
i am not writing off Vieri, i think he can still help us this campaign.

however, I'd obviously choose Crespo out the two.
__________________
I've had Delia Smith.
meazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 20:23   #12

sam_3

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Fave Players: maldini
sam_3
I would welcom crespo 2 take vieri's place even in new year which means he won't be able to play in the CL.
sam_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 21:05   #13

GilAttack [11]

Registered User
 
GilAttack [11]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
GilAttack [11] is on a distinguished road
I dont know who can be a realistic target for january, really. I doubt we will get a top flight striker, and at the same time it doesnt make sense to bring a "C" class striker, or someone who cant play UCL for us.

Between Henry and Torres, I guess I take the spaniard because of age, mostly. But I think Henry could be productive for us, in spite what he did for Juve some years ago. We have Seedorf, Pirlo, Kaka and Sheva, and if you watch Milan games, you know he would have plenty of chances to score and space to show his ability.
GilAttack [11] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 21:10   #14

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
I can't wait till Vieri takes off and you all have to eat your words.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 23:18   #15

Milan3869

Registered User
 
Milan3869's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: Los Angeles!!!
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Massaro, Sheva, Boban
Milan3869 is an unknown quantity at this point
first, vieri wont leave and crespo wont come back. believe that!! ****in chelsea wont let him go unless we give them sheva.

second, torres wont leave atl madrid. even if there's a club out there who are willing to pay 60m for his services, i believe torres has his heart set for spain. and why will he leave?
Milan3869 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.