AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2005, 21:32   #1

GilAttack [11]

Registered User
 
GilAttack [11]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
GilAttack [11] is on a distinguished road
Milan join Ballack bidding war

PER CHANNEL4:

Michael Ballack will be a free agent at the end of the season and Milan have joined Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter in the race to sign him.

The German international’s current deal with Bayern Munich expires in the summer and he has already stated his intention to move abroad.


Europe’s biggest clubs are queuing up to sign the 29-year-old on a free transfer to strengthen their midfields and, according to German newspaper ‘Bild’, Milan are the latest addition to that list.


It’s claimed that rivals Inter have the upper hand following a meeting between director Gabriele Oriali, Bayern President Karl-Heinz Rumenigge and agent Becker, which is said to have taken place earlier this week.


Patron Massimo Moratti is eager to capture this prestigious signing, as the current Inter squad is struggling in Serie A and has fallen off the Scudetto pace.


With Juan Sebastian Veron threatening to return to Argentina as early as January, that makes it even more important that the Nerazzurri find a replacement.


However, Milan are now making their own bid for Ballack, further strengthening one of Europe’s best midfields.


GilAttack [11] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 21:43   #2

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Rumours, no different that Vieri off to La Liga rumours
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 22:17   #3

GilAttack [11]

Registered User
 
GilAttack [11]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: San Siro
Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
GilAttack [11] is on a distinguished road
Yes, Gila to Milan was a rumour some time ago as well....so what? We have to talk about something other than Vieri!

GilAttack [11] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 22:26   #4

slicknick

Registered User
 
slicknick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
slicknick is on a distinguished road
Actually I would like to see Ballack play for Milan
__________________
7 UCL titles - Coincidence ? I think not...
slicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 23:14   #5

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknick
Actually I would like to see Ballack play for Milan
well i don't mind him but i am definitely not a fan of him. not really a great player IMO, just a good player.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 05:41   #6

Arildonardo

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Ballack is a very good player, but he has to stop all the whining and diving that he does all the time. If we could get him for free, why not?
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 08:58   #7

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I think club like Milan can do better if we want to really fire up our CM.
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 09:34   #8

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
I saw Diarra come on as a sub for France yesterday, only twenty minutes. Before that point Ballack was controlling th midfield, but then Diarra made a huge impact. Diarra is young and would be a much better signing than Ballack.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 15:47   #9

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Ballack will not come to Milan if he is not guaranteed a first-team spot. Where will he play? I cannot see one player that Ballack can take first-team spot from. Seedorf is so essential to our tactics and style of play, he must not be subbed. Pirlo? We all know how important. Gattuso? If he is in bad form we have Ambrosini.

The only way I see Ballack in our starting eleven is when Carlo changes formation to a very useful one in my opinion:

Stam -- Nesta -- Maldini
Cafu/(New right winger) -- Pirlo -- Ballack/Seedorf -- Jankulovski
Kaka
Sheva -- Gila

But Ancelotti does not want to even try the 3man defence any more, so I really dont think we will be going for Ballack.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 15:57   #10

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
Ballack will not come to Milan if he is not guaranteed a first-team spot. Where will he play? I cannot see one player that Ballack can take first-team spot from. Seedorf is so essential to our tactics and style of play, he must not be subbed. Pirlo? We all know how important. Gattuso? If he is in bad form we have Ambrosini.

The only way I see Ballack in our starting eleven is when Carlo changes formation to a very useful one in my opinion:

Stam -- Nesta -- Maldini
Cafu/(New right winger) -- Pirlo -- Ballack/Seedorf -- Jankulovski
Kaka
Sheva -- Gila

But Ancelotti does not want to even try the 3man defence any more, so I really dont think we will be going for Ballack.
i hope he does
just play 4 - 4 - 2 its a great formation although english teams mainly use it so it may not suit italian team tactics

------------------------------- Dida -------------------------------------

---- Cafu ------------- Stam ------------Nesta ---------- Maldini--------


------------ Ballack ---------- Pirlo ------------Seedorf ----- Jankulovski


---------------------Gilardino----------Shevchenko ........ its not bad with a full strength team like that
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 16:17   #11

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Milano
i hope he does
just play 4 - 4 - 2 its a great formation although english teams mainly use it so it may not suit italian team tactics

------------------------------- Dida -------------------------------------

---- Cafu ------------- Stam ------------Nesta ---------- Maldini--------


------------ Ballack ---------- Pirlo ------------Seedorf ----- Jankulovski


---------------------Gilardino----------Shevchenko ........ its not bad with a full strength team like that

And ur supposing Kaka is benched right?
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 16:25   #12

meazza

Registered User
 
meazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Fave Players: maldini
meazza is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
Ballack will not come to Milan if he is not guaranteed a first-team spot. Where will he play? I cannot see one player that Ballack can take first-team spot from. Seedorf is so essential to our tactics and style of play, he must not be subbed. Pirlo? We all know how important. Gattuso? If he is in bad form we have Ambrosini.

The only way I see Ballack in our starting eleven is when Carlo changes formation to a very useful one in my opinion:

Stam -- Nesta -- Maldini
Cafu/(New right winger) -- Pirlo -- Ballack/Seedorf -- Jankulovski
Kaka
Sheva -- Gila

But Ancelotti does not want to even try the 3man defence any more, so I really dont think we will be going for Ballack.
why say he won't get in the team because of Gattuso and Ambro and then suggest a formation that excludes both?
__________________
I've had Delia Smith.
meazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 23:52   #13

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
In my oppinion Balack is a player that can play anywhere in the midfield exept on the wings, which we do not use anyway exept for the wing-backs. So i would welcome Balack as he can replace any of the starting four midfielders and that is including Kaka. I think he would add great depth to our squad and our midfield will be packed. Someone ofcourse will have to leave in expence and I am affraid it will be Vogel or Ambrosini. Some said it however that he would not come without a starting spot. But then again, what team in today's world offers starting spots???
I would love to see Balack in Milan. Balack,Seedorf,Gattuso,Pirlo,Kaka,Rui?,Vogel/Ambro! All i have to say is WOW. All those who think that Balack is just a good player.....think again. He is a world class midfielder and one of the best 10. He IS Germany and he IS Bayern. I just hope we get him. I guess I explained myself how much I want him there.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2005, 00:05   #14

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by meazza
why say he won't get in the team because of Gattuso and Ambro and then suggest a formation that excludes both?
The formation I suggested is one that I think would be most useful if we did get Ballack, but I dont think that Ballack will replace any of Gattuso/Ambro in the current 4-3-1-2 formation.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2005, 09:52   #15

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo
Some said it however that he would not come without a starting spot. But then again, what team in today's world offers starting spots???
Man U would surely offer him a starting role, and so would Madrid, who would bench Baptista, or Garcia in a heartbeat to start the German international.

I am not sure I would want him in Milan, to be honest. While I agree that he is an excellent player, it begs the question, as has been asked: For whom would he start?

It is easy to say Gattuso, but Ballack isnt that sort of player, who runs tirelessly for the team...Seedorf? Seedorf does need some competition for his starting spot, but an inform Clarence to me, is more valuable than a Ballack...(cue the disbelief from Ballack fans, and Seedorf critics)....

That being said, with Marek and Vogel on the bench, we have sufficient depth, and to add to that, for me, is overkill.

So, yes I like Ballack, but he wont be guaranteed the starting spot he would most likely desire, and as such, I dont think he will opt for Milan.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:11.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.