AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

View Poll Results: Which team wud u like Milan to face?
Chelsea 5 17.24%
Real Madrid 5 17.24%
Bayern Munich (if juve end up first) 1 3.45%
Manchester unitd (if either they win and Villareal/Lille win) 1 3.45%
Villareal (if they draw and man united win) 2 6.90%
Rangers 14 48.28%
Ajax 0 0%
Bremen (if Udinese fail to get a point and Bremen win) 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2005, 18:27   #1

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Which team do u want to face in Champions League?

Paradoxically, Milan play with much more ease against the big teams, this is why I wish we can face either Chelsea or Real Madrid.

Im so sad Robben didnt score that shot today that would have made Liverpool second place, cuz I really wanted them!

I wouldnt mind seeing Milan play vs an English team as I do not like the Premiership and I think their teams r very over rated. Only do well in Europe cuz of their easy groups every single year.

Rangers/Ajax would nic and easy but these r the games that Milan tend to struggle in :/

I really hope Arsenal get Udinese, and Juve get Liverpool, Milan Chelsea, Inter Man Unitd WOOOOW I would feel so happy

But i feel Udinese, because they r italian, will get the toughest draw of all the teams in 2nd place

Last year, I wished so much and prayed that Milan got Man United, and I will do the same for Chelsea this year .. btw dont be surprised to see another Chelsea-Barca draw!
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 18:30   #2

meazza

Registered User
 
meazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Fave Players: maldini
meazza is on a distinguished road
rangers. I'll be at the away match, hopefully, if they do.
__________________
I've had Delia Smith.
meazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 19:44   #3

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
I wanted Liverpool but that won't be possible for the moment. Then anyone between ManU, Juve, Real, and Chelski is fine for me. Would love to see ManU get thrashed again, though.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 23:57   #4

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
UEFA's rules state that no team will play a club from the same country, and no team that were in the same group will play against each other (eg. Milan and PSV), and group-winners must play runners-up (this is only for the first knockout round). Liverpool, i think, are not considered to be an English team cuz they did not qualify through the EPL but as the holders, so I guess they can play any other English team that is not in 1st place.

in the 2nd round, I believe it is a random draw and anyone can face anyone.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 14:15   #5

VMK

Registered User
 
VMK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Veghel, The Netherlands
Fave Players: Alex Rodrigo Dias da Costa
VMK is on a distinguished road
Good luck for your next games in the Champions League. We will meet again!
__________________
Alex Rodrigo Dias da Costa
VMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:00   #6

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
I voted for Bayern, because I believe that if we can beat the German team, then we can beat any other (Barca...well...I dunno...we need to face Barca in the final...and give them a rerun of their last final defeat...u kno...an unfancied Milan going up against the best team in Europe)

Forza Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilan!!!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:06   #7

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
i voted benfica... who qualified instead of man utd. maybe we can pick up some of their players while we do it
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 22:10   #8

Milan3869

Registered User
 
Milan3869's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: Los Angeles!!!
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Massaro, Sheva, Boban
Milan3869 is an unknown quantity at this point
i picked to play chelsea first because if we bet them now, there's no other team who can present a challenge for us. the only worry i have about chelsea is that they have "world class sub" for every position. but if we bet them, the rest are beatable.

forza milan!!
i hope we get inter after the second round!!
Milan3869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 01:50   #9

savage_mau

Registered User
 
savage_mau's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Fave Players: Maldini,Nesta,Pirlo,Kaka,Inzaghi, & whole Milan!!
savage_mau is on a distinguished road
The team play ranger will be luckier on the paper of cource...Since it is their 1st time qulifying to knock out stage.I dont think there can do better that this as they were already break their own record of qualifying
savage_mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 08:57   #10

ck_ian69

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2005
ck_ian69 is an unknown quantity at this point
actually i dread facing chelsea..their wingers will tear our defence to shreds.. and they have essien/lampard/makelele to neutralise kaka and pirlo..

its a tough match if we meet chelsea..but even as a milan fan, i would have to give chelsea the odds..cos they are able to grind out 1-0 results with ease..while we give away too much at present..
ck_ian69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 12:54   #11

Andy Christ

Registered User
 
Andy Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2004
Location: Estonia
Andy Christ is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope we avoid Chelsea in such an early stage...they are almost without weaknesses. Ajax or Rangers would be nice.
Andy Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 14:51   #12

arpanmilan

Registered User
 
arpanmilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Los Angeles,USA
Fave Players: gattuso,maldini,stam,shevchenko,cafu,kaka
arpanmilan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck_ian69
actually i dread facing chelsea..their wingers will tear our defence to shreds.. and they have essien/lampard/makelele to neutralise kaka and pirlo..

its a tough match if we meet chelsea..but even as a milan fan, i would have to give chelsea the odds..cos they are able to grind out 1-0 results with ease..while we give away too much at present..
i would want to face chelsea, if we play chelsea we should play both rui & kaka so both the options are available for attack. no team can neutralise kaka which he proved against the so called best midfield of juve.
arpanmilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2005, 15:03   #13

Dave

Registered User
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2004
Location: Armenia,Yerevan
Fave Players: All Milan squad+Ronaldinho
Dave is on a distinguished road
I`d like we meet Real or Rangers!!!! but not Chelsea!
__________________
ROSSONERO SINCE BIRTH AND WILL BE UNTILL DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rossoneri PER SEMPRE!!!!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 00:19   #14

Dil dil

Registered User
 
Dil dil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: U.S.A
Fave Players: all Ac milan players espacialy Maldini, inzaghi
Dil dil is on a distinguished road
I'll go for Ranger becuse we need energy for next round (q finel)
but I really don't want to face chelsea so I'll think we'll face
Ajax I have strong feeling that we"ll face Ajax so I want Milan to crush them
__________________
__________________
Dildil= N1 fan of Ac milan
and always will be and for ever
Dil dil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 09:47   #15

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Careful what you wish for...u just might get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
I voted for Bayern, because I believe that if we can beat the German team, then we can beat any other (Barca...well...I dunno...we need to face Barca in the final...and give them a rerun of their last final defeat...u kno...an unfancied Milan going up against the best team in Europe)

Forza Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilan!!!
Careful what you wish for...but now I wish I had betted on it!

From channel4.com:

Quote:
Bayern Munich await Milan
Friday 16 December, 2005
Juventus and Inter will be happy with the draw for the last 16 of the Champions League, but Milan have been handed a real test against Bayern Munich.

Despite topping their group, the Rossoneri have arguably been given one of the toughest opponents in the form of the German champions.

Juventus, who won and lost against Bayern in the first phase, face another Bundesliga outfit after Werder Bremen were paired with the Old Lady.

Werder, who went through with Barcelona and at the expense of Udinese, will be favourable opponents for the Bianconeri.

Inter officials will be smiling too after the Nerazzurri were pitted against Dutch side Ajax Amsterdam.

Having all topped their respective groups, the Italian sides will play their first legs away from home.

The trio of Italian clubs will be happy to have avoided the big dangers in the draw – Chelsea and Real Madrid.

The English champions face Barcelona in a re-match of last season’s controversial Champions League tie, while Real meet the Blues' London rivals Arsenal.

The fixtures will take place on February 28/29 and March 7/8.

Full draw: Chelsea - Barcelona; Real Madrid - Arsenal; Werder Bremen - Juventus; Bayern Munich - Milan; PSV Eindhoven - Lyon; Ajax - Inter; Benfica - Liverpool; Rangers - Villarreal
We have to be able to beat teams like this, in order to win the d@mn thing!!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.