![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Jedi Master
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
![]() |
Rational
I generally don't like to post something negative after a loss as it reeks of populism and reactinary emotional bull****. (read some other thread made not long ago
) I will here fill in my thought on how we play and why we have problems at this point. Not as acolypsic problems or position as some like to claim though.Transfers. Our transfers was okay, people saying they suck and such don't have a clear mind IMO. We bought a striker for the present and future, renewing that part of the team. Our earlier dabbles in youth strikers have not panned out well and getting someone that is already established come long due with Inzaghi and his injuries. Getting Vieri on the other hand turned out to be "mine of the year". he was worse than I ever could expect. As for our midfield we had no big need to reinforce it. It was only thing needed, we needed a alternative to Pilro, which I certainly can say we didn't really succed in getting. Vogel is different and IMO not Milan class after the games I seen him in. None in our organisation can be blamed for Jankulovski suffering a injury just days after we signed him though. Certainly it would have looked better with him being fit from the get go. I can excuse us for not investing heavily in defense. our defense was still great last year, that included a 9-10 game streak in UCL without conceeding. but our defense problem is as much a midfield problem as a defense problem. but maybe most of all a motivation problem IMO. I would have wanted and suggested a alternative to Cafu already then and surely by now. what we should have done IMO: Bought a Pilro alternative like Baronio. Not brought in Vieri. got Cicinho. No big things considering only one of those would be a starter, at best. ______________________________________________________ I think one thing that someone mentioned is a big worry. We have several players that know they won't play with us next year. Had they been in the situation that they really wanted to win something before they left I feel they would have been fully motivated, but not now. Stam and Cafu for sure is in that situation and it could be others like Rui Costa. Motivation seems to be a big problem within our squad, if anyone here saw the Palermo game they would know that two Palermo players worked so hard they got a cramp. When did you last see a Milan player close to something like that? our opponents work their heart out, we bruise trough all games but the Juve one. formation. I think it is clear we can only work in ancelotti's preffered formation at present. I seen us trying other things against Roma and Palermo and it sure didn't pane out well. Players look confused and out of position. Also we are heavily dependent on Pirlo as without him we rely on Kaka and otherwise just aimlessly pass around. Pirlo came on in both Palermo games and both times it looked like we got two men extra, the team looked more composed. Changes in defense. I talked about this in the past. Changing in defense is always hard and at this point our defense looks different every game. Defense like every team part is about understanding each other and with all these changes it shows. In defense it obviously is more noticeable as mistakes is seen better. Seeing a striker miss two passes is one thing, seeing a defender out of position three times on the other hand. Getting Maldini back and putting up a Stam-Nesta-Maldini-Serginho or Cafu-Nesta-Maldini-Kaladze defense for the big games ahead is vital at this point IMO. I would say it is possible we need a new defensive midfielder. Ambrosini is always injuried and Gattuso is only himself in some games. If we saw the Gattuso from the Juve game in every game then he is great, but unfortunately we don't. I feel he have lost a bit of motivation since his best season in 2002/03. Ambrosini often impress when he plays, but as you all can see he is only good for 15 games a season or something.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Jedi Master
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
![]() |
Changes for next season?
People love to throw up names of managers. IMO getting a new manager feels like throwing a dice and hoping you get a "6". Van Basten = unproven. Donadoni = only coached small teams. Rijjkaart = some season with a team far better than the competitors in the league. Tassotti = What would make him different from Ancelotti? what have he shown. Baresi = only youth team experience this far. anyone of these could end up great or they could blow. I for heavens sake won't claim I could answer who would be best. Not mentioning letting ancelotti stay. Team: Dida. He have been shaky, but I see no need for anyone else. Kalac. Good enough for a reserve keeper. Abbiati. will he leave on a free or will we sell him? I don't see any future for him with us. Cafu. Will leave us by the end of the season. As I see it, it is due time. Like with Roma he have settled and lost motivation and with that lost his effectiveness. I am sure he could turn out well for another team, but I feel he will not contribute much for us. One of the reasons I wanted a alternative to him for THIS season. Simic. Years on the bench is not good on him, coupled with injuries he would need several games to get back in form. Something we can't really give him. He is also better in a three man defense, something I don't see us changing too. could stay, but if ancelotti stay then I see no reason to keep him. Stam. Have hardly been a succes story. I am not sad to see him leave, but worried about how we will get two great defenders to replace both him and Maldini... Nesta. Suffer a lot from the changes in defense and midfield that sometimes to work. Great when playing with Maldini though and a great defender that will be great for us for several more years. Maldini. Still unsure whether he will stay one more season or not. he still is good enough, but we can't postphone the inevitable forever. The big question is whether how to replace a possible absense of both him and Stam and/or whether some sort of understudy should come in... I don't envy the ones deciding on this as this forum show how easy it is to anger the mob. Billy. Mostly great for the "dressing room". Solid when coming in, but lack of playing and what seems to be declining physical form shows it is time to move on. Kaladze. Solid as a defensive left back, his other uses have been limited. clearly not a central defender, his leftfootedness being a liability. Was set to leave before this season, unsure what our intentions are now. Personly I think he should stay as if anything it is the other side of the defense we need new faces for. Serginho. Have so far had one of his better seasons. especially the first half of it. Would be one of our best offensive options on the left for another year. Gattuso. Seems to have lost motivation. I am unsure what to do with him, I am sure he will be great against teams like Bayern, but is that all we will get from him now. Ambrosini. It is clear we need to have one of Gattuso or Ambro left in the club. Who? you be the judge, it is not an easy question. Injury prone against someone who doesn't always turn up. Pirlo. One of the most obvious to stay with us. Vogel. I saw him as a good alternative, but if we can get another midfielder like Sneijder then I am surely not against selling him as I don't think he is good enough. Seedorf. Have had a good season and I can clearly see his uses. Should stay. Jankulovski. As for his injury we have not seen the best of him yet. Will and should stay and I predict he will be more useful in the future. Kaka. Not much to say. can be quite inconsistent, but less so than before. Moreso some teams can build their team in a way that almost eliminates him, like Roma did. Rui Costa. I guess he will leave. He had some good games and is a good playmaker backup. What would be our option when he leaves? Sheva. No words needed. Gilardino. have done pretty much what we expect of him. Target player and finisher, for the future. Inzaghi. I believe he still have it. But there are the problems with his injuries and that he have wages from hell. Amoroso. As we need to reinforce other positions I see no need in thinking about his. _________________________________________________ We need: offensive right back, 2 central defenders, Pirlo alternative. Possibly need Kaka alternative and a new defensive midfielder. Humble suggestions: William Gallas, Barzagli, Seitaridis, Alex, Daniel alves. I could put on other wishes, but not now.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Fave Players: Rivera, Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten
![]() |
Possibly the best commentary I've read for some time both in subtance and perhaps even more important tone.
Grande Kris ![]()
__________________
I hate the Gang of Honestsi
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
![]() |
Well done, and well said Kris....I hope others here learn from not only your tone, but the type of content...it is usually difficult for fans to be objective, but I think you have shown a perfect example here, of objectivity.
There is no question in my mind, that the team, as is, is underperforming, for a variety of reasons, and no single panacea will solve our current dilemma. As a fan, and not a phan (posters that have been here for a while will recall my anti-phan campaign), I realise that there will come a time, when the club will not be at its best. Unfortunately, this is happening now, and after the general euphoria created with the purchase of Gila (which I maintain is a buy with the future of our strikeforce in mind), there is this shuddering halt, and a return to (as some love to say) reality...an unwelcome realisation that, for no single reason, but a multitude of factors, we are not playing as a team in many a game this season. I wont dive into the reasons for the malaise that is affecting us at present, I will leave that to others, but suffice it to say that this is the time that the true Milan fans show their colours, by standing by the club, if not its component parts, and helping to generate some positive vibes, (which I personally believe) are better for the club, and fans on a whole, than moaning about Galliani, criticising Berlusconi, and cursing Ancelotti. FORZA MIIIIIIILAN!! Ac Milan forever.
__________________
I Love Milan. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
![]() |
i think Donadoni and Van basten have to be favourites to take over after Carlo, i think we will have to wait until after the world cup, see how van bastens side do. Livorno have a better defensive record than milan atm which is crazy-
Kris i agree that its bad to constantly slate the side, but i think its healthy to pick out problems and discuss them. Team : Dida : is still shock up after that firework incident last year, i would suggest him going back to brazil for half a season next year, to get him back to his best..Dida is being played too much as carlo doesnt trust kalac.... Kalac : gota feel sorry for the aussie, not getting enoth chances. He would do better by playing for a team like samp, or livorno.... Options? ive heard alot of rumours that milan were tempted in getting abbiati back early, and today we have been linked with Amelia... Amelia is one for the future, but i dont think it would be good for him to come in too early. If abbiati returned i could see him playing more regularly.... Defense To be honest i think we have a 50/50 chance that Maldini will stay another year, even if he does i dotn think he would want to play alot of the matches.... One thing ive noticed is that nesta was only really comfortable playing with maldini, he must be getting fed up putting out all the fires. Kaladze is ok, but he isnt a center back, i renember when he was played in the midfield, and on the playing on the wing ? simic is an ok sub, but he isnt good enoth to start, like kris said he doesnt play enoth matches... Milan will need to replace 4 defenders at the end of the season (even if maldini doesnt quit) the way i see it is this. Replacements Chivu for Maldini Barzagli for Billy Terlizzi or/and bonera for Stam Oddo/mesto for Cafu i have no idea if Kaladze and simic will stay or be traded. Marzoratti should be loaned to samp or parma to gain experience... Midfield Our midfield isnt creating as many chances as it could. We havent got any orthodox wingers. Alot of our movement is thru the middle, and only sometimes it pays off. Pirlo and Gattuso arent trying to get the ball back when we lose pocession. Serghino isnt that fast anymore, i can only see him play for another season or so. Rui might want to go back to portugal or even Fiorentina, somewhere where he is a certain start. If vogels go we wil need another defensive mid field, plus we need another young attacking player. I would like sneijder, camoranesi (plays with gattuso and pirlo for italy), diana, plus a defensive player . Forwards I think sheva and gilardino are certain to stay, unless chelsea offer something stupid for sheva, but i doubt he would go anyhow. Amoruso has only got a season contract so i duno if he will stay or go. Ancelloti hasnt played him because he wasnt fit when he arrived. Inzaghi even tho i like him might decide to go to a club where he will start every game.... the point of having Vieri was to have a tall target man, amoruso doesnt really fit into that catagory..... Last edited by Graeme C; 01-02-2006 at 11:03. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
I agree on the excesses of the criticism, but when things don't work there must be a reason and say that doesn't mean to be too negative.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Fave Players: Rivera, Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten
![]() |
Quote:
Anyway: Forza Milan
__________________
I hate the Gang of Honestsi
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
But i must say, in all honesty, that there's an opposite trend, esp among the blindest Curva members, that you MUST never criticise, never. If you do, you're not a real supporter. Now i reckon myself loyal, we've gone through the good and the bad other times, but i can't avoid to soberly criticise when it's time to. It's intellectual honesty, we all tend to hope and deny the truth, in general it happens often in life. This is just a speech in general , it's not referred to person who have posted in this thread, i just took the chance to say this, it was time i wanted to say that. Apart from that, i agree with you Diavolo. We can't make a revolution everytime we lose a game. But i reckon the weaknesses are structural now, and new ideas must be brought in, our midfield can't cope with the attacks and the defence gets too exposed.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Fave Players: Rivera, Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten
![]() |
Quote:
Anyway, on the structural thing, even stones know that at the end of this season things will change, it's been repeatedly said so on every single talkshow since last June. Last season they signed Gila and Janku (BTW let's hope he ain't always this bad), this season, depending on how much cash Berlusca will give to Braida and Zio Fester we should see further 2/3 new significant signings. Speriamo bene ![]()
__________________
I hate the Gang of Honestsi
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: in my dreams
Fave Players: Sheva,kaka
![]() |
Kris well nice said i agree whit u on most part but one i dont agree,how can u say kaka is bad?or he is not needed?roma aint a good team,there a team for places like 4,5,6 cause they beat us one time doesent mean that there better,milan goes to a ****y period right now.But kaka is one of the best players on this hole planet,kaka is most needed in any team.
About maldini well i hope he retires this season. Bili the same. Serginio sell him. Sedorf i guess he can stay. And ambro dosent realy play cause like u said his injured all the time,but when he plays he plays good,and for a player that its injured and plays good when he comes back,i say keep him,and sell gatuso. |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
![]() |
Great post kris, especially the fact that you are considering actual options and not just throwing out names like cristiano ronaldo and ballack, like some people are fantasising.
As for the criticism, I don't appreciate people cursing carlo and galliani or anyone else who, in their minds, isn't doing an adequate job. I am not a fan of either carlo or galliani, but I do not blindly criticise and say that they are doing a horrible job. But a little criticsim is never bad for a team, it can keep them modest. And Milan are not going through one of their best periods right now, so of course there will be some criticism of the team, and rightfully so. But some people here, I won't name anybody, are throwing out excessive criticsim at just about everybody on both the team and the management without providing any solutions. That is why I like your post so much Kris, you are being realistic and making many good points. Having said this, like Warro, I will never turn my back on Milan, through both the good times and bad, and will love the team forever. FORZA MILAN! |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
Thank you Kris and the rest for a real thoughtful, readable and sensible comment.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Pandev, Van Basten, Kaka
![]() |
Great post Kris MM needs more posters like you i agree with everything
__________________
A.C. MILAN & F.K. VARDAR ![]() Life ends when you stop Dreaming; Hope ends when you stop Believing; Love ends when you stop Caring; so Dream, Believe and Care. Life is really beautiful! |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
![]() |
*CLAP CLAP CLAP ... etc*
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
![]() |
Keepers
Dida is clearly doing pretty bad in recent times, and what's even worst, he seems to trust no more his own capacities. So I guess you should Pick Amelia, which is a very good and young keeper, who could stay with us for the years to come. I guess Abiatti or Kalac could do well as subs. Defense We are in desperate need of at least 3 new defenders - one offensive RB and two CB's. The options are already known to all: Oddo / Mesto for Cafu; Barzagli / Kompany / Lugano/ Vanden Borre/ Terlizzi for Stam/Billy; and if Maldini retires, I guess Chivu is really by far the best option. Midfield Regarding defensive manoeuvres I think we are well covered: Gattuso, Ambrosini and Vogel are pretty solid and effective, all of them should stay with us; but otherwise our offensive actions are becoming kind of predictable ultimately, so I guess we need a creative attacking midfielder to partner Kaká, and my choice will be for the great dutch player Wesley Sneijder. Finally, our maestro Pirlo is a tremendous player, the veritable point of reference to our side, and if he's performing lately, that should be credited not to him, but to an overall decline of the squad that season. Attack We have to oustanding strikers in Sheva and Gila, nothing wrong whit them, both are terrific. As for Amoroso and Inzaghi, I think that one of them should leave, and it seems to me that we have the following options: Torres, Sobis, Iaquinta, Bojinov. Last edited by GRE-NO-LI; 01-02-2006 at 23:23. |
|
|
|