AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2006, 05:36   #1

PirloMagnificus

Registered User
 
PirloMagnificus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
PirloMagnificus is on a distinguished road
What are Pirlo’s greatest performances?

Hey Milanistas,

I’ve never really followed one particular football player before, but after watching Andrea Pirlo’s amazing performances in the World Cup, I’ve become an instant fan of him. I find him a truly fascinating player to watch. From the way he is really the mastermind behind most of the important plays, his beautiful passes all over the pitch, his intelligent decision-making on the field, his technical prowess, to his graceful style of play, not to mention his brilliant free kicks.
I guess I just love everything about him.
Although I’m not a massive football watcher, I’m still wondering why I’ve never really heard about how great he is. I just wish I had known about him before.

So since I’m fairly new to Pirlo and have never really followed him nor AC Milan in general all that much, I thought the experts over here could recommend me some of the games in which Pirlo has played his absolute best so far in his career. I’ve heard people claim that he has played his best during the 2002 & 2003 seasons at AC Milan. If you could just name some specific games in which he has shone the most, I would like to obtain those games as I intend to catch-up with what I have missed out on and I am very anxious to see his glorious performances of the past.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me discover the magnificence that is Andrea Pirlo.

Forza Pirlo!!
PirloMagnificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 06:58   #2

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
2002 - 2003 where we won the CL & Coppa Italia and 2003 - 2004 where we won the league where definately his best seasons for us.

I'll remember the league winning season mainly due to the goals he scored, he was knocking them in from all over the place, free-kicks, penalties, long range shots, he had everything.

I don't know where you would get individual games from though, maybe some goals or compilations from youtube ... other than that i don't know.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 09:38   #3

Vadim

Moderator
 
Vadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
A small Pirlo compilation thanks to dabdob on XT

http://www.acmilanclub.com/site/modu...=getit&lid=862

Enjoy
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 09:57   #4

Milan_Mad

Registered User
 
Milan_Mad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Cheshire, England
Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Buffon, Klose!!
Milan_Mad is on a distinguished road
deportivo 1st leg he was excellent in 03/04 like Jim said that was he's best season to date
__________________
Forza Milan
Milan_Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 10:30   #5

GRE-NO-LI

BANNED!
 
GRE-NO-LI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
GRE-NO-LI is on a distinguished road
He played a really wonderful WC.
GRE-NO-LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 11:31   #6

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
6th January 2004. Roma 1-2 Milan. That was our greatest season in a long time. The year we lost to deportivo.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 11:39   #7

meazza

Registered User
 
meazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Fave Players: maldini
meazza is on a distinguished road
there was a game against lazio I remember watching and he was just breath-taking the whole game.

I think it was 1-0 with a sheva goal deciding it at the san siro in 2004/2005 (the rigged season)
__________________
I've had Delia Smith.
meazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 11:46   #8

arcy

Registered User
 
arcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
arcy is on a distinguished road
Thanks for starting this thread! Pirlo is a magnificent and classy player and he's one of the reasons that brought me into soccer and Milan after the World Cup.


I did want to find out more about him and here are some nice articles:

Boy from Brescia
http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...006/pirlo.html

The Adventures of Andrea Pirlo
http://www.e-sports.com/articles/984...rlo/Page1.html

There are a couple of videos here too:

Andrea Pirlo Unofficial Site
http://www.andreapirlo.com/en/video.asp
arcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 12:15   #9

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Wery nice thread PirloMagnificus,


Since Carlo took over Milan Pirlo has outstanding, he has played some great games for us, but what he did in the World Cup, that was just world class, 7 app. 1 goal and 4 ass, and 3 times MOM including semi final and the final itself, and they`re telling me Zidan wass better.
But if you`re asking for his best performances for us I would have to go back in 2002 when we need badly the points to get the 4 th place that meant Champions League (qual.). With RUi Costa playing poor that season,PIrlo took over at the last games of the season scoring from free kick agains Parma ( not sure) and in the very last game scoring against verona to win 2:1,we qualified for Champions League and we went till the end tha year. thats why those goals were so important.

kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 13:25   #10

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the video Vadim, very good job by dabdob.

Also, thanks for the links Arcy.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 14:22   #11

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point

Apart from that penelty miss in the final (Istanbul) he has been excellent.
Unlike Steven Gerrard & David Beckham
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 14:26   #12

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure why you need to mention those 2 players, there's no need for it.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 14:59   #13

Vadim

Moderator
 
Vadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57

Apart from that penelty miss in the final (Istanbul) he has been excellent.
Unlike Steven Gerrard & David Beckham
You accuse others of starting conversations about the EPL, yet you bring it up in almost every post. In case you've forgotten, Steven Gerrard was magnificent in the CL Final. Now don't start accusing me of being a Liverpool fan, I simply have respect for them. It doesn't mean I like them.
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 18:45   #14

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
What a wonderful thread. The true unsung hero, the heartbeat of Milan. The good thing about Pirlo is he nearly always keeps Milan ticking over.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2006, 21:20   #15

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
When he is on top form he is what moves Milan, but im happy to say that even when he had such a bad season like last year we still played well. Lets hope he has a better season this year.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.