AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 16:19   #1

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Borriello!!!!!!!

This Guy if given the chance will score at least 18 goals (in total competitions CL, Copa Italia, etc.) I hope we have a very attacking and exciting team for years to come FORZA MILAN........

GOALS GALORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 16:44   #2

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
well, I don't think we have tools to determine "at least 18 goals"... firstly, because even though he did well yesterday, he will not be a starter... with Oliveira's arrival, he remains our 4th. striker...

still, I'm happy for him... I thought he was going to be loaned out again...
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 17:47   #3

arcy

Registered User
 
arcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
arcy is on a distinguished road
I would be very glad to see him do well plus he's not bad-looking OTF hehe. Although he'll be a sub, has he been in the Champions League squad of Milan before? Well, maybe for a while already.

He's not that bad and I think he'll be motivated to work hard and also since ... Gila has yet to score!
arcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 18:46   #4

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcy
He's not that bad and I think he'll be motivated to work hard and also since ... Gila has yet to score!
he actually got quite a few games for milan a few seasons back. A rather skillful player but with one big problem....he can't score. for some reasons, he would do extremely well to bring the ball right up to the goal and then miss the goal. if not for this fact, he would have been with us long ago. he would get his chance this season since without sheva taking up one spot upfront, our attack now before more flexible with 2 spots up for grab every game. He is certainly a player that like to play behind another striker ala sheva.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 19:23   #5

dtlerch

Registered User
 
dtlerch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Tomball, Texas
Fave Players: Kaka', Steven Gerrard, Lev Yashin
dtlerch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmook
he actually got quite a few games for milan a few seasons back. A rather skillful player but with one big problem....he can't score. for some reasons, he would do extremely well to bring the ball right up to the goal and then miss the goal. if not for this fact, he would have been with us long ago. he would get his chance this season since without sheva taking up one spot upfront, our attack now before more flexible with 2 spots up for grab every game. He is certainly a player that like to play behind another striker ala sheva.
Are you sure about that? footballdatabase.com has him as playing 3 games in 2002/2003 and 4 games in 2003/2004 for Milan, all without a goal. I liked what I saw against Inter the other day, though obviously it was far less meaningful than an actual game. I think he'll be a solid 4th option and perhaps 3rd option when Inzaghi retires or leaves. Overall numbers from footballdatabase are 115 games and 21 goals which, for a 24 year old who has been rarely used, seems absolutely fine to me.
dtlerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 19:44   #6

savage_mau

Registered User
 
savage_mau's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Fave Players: Maldini,Nesta,Pirlo,Kaka,Inzaghi, & whole Milan!!
savage_mau is on a distinguished road
Can anyone tell me more on Borriello? Any pic of him? by the way his position is on stricker ? can he play in Kaka place as well?
__________________


FoRzA MiLan !!! I LOVE U !!!
savage_mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 20:06   #7

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
wow, I wasn't expecting anyone to ask something like that given that he has belong to Milan for so long...

for Pics look at the Inferno Rossonero gallery... he's a striker... a number 9... can not play in Kaka's role... only in Inzaghi's, or Gila's
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 00:20   #8

savage_mau

Registered User
 
savage_mau's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Fave Players: Maldini,Nesta,Pirlo,Kaka,Inzaghi, & whole Milan!!
savage_mau is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT
wow, I wasn't expecting anyone to ask something like that given that he has belong to Milan for so long...

for Pics look at the Inferno Rossonero gallery... he's a striker... a number 9... can not play in Kaka's role... only in Inzaghi's, or Gila's
I know that he has been at Milam for long time and been loan to many other club. just that wanna have a look on his face as he will feature in Milan squad this season.

Wat u mean by number 9?? i now he is stricker.i asked cox when played the foorball manager 2006 he has the attacking midfield role...Do this question sound making sense?
__________________


FoRzA MiLan !!! I LOVE U !!!
savage_mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:18   #9

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
He looked quite good in the TIM match,good power, control and speed... really he was the kind of striker we could of done with last year, instead of BoBo Vieri (the clown) who ownly lasted 6 months with us! im hoping he gets his chances, he could be a bigger surprise to us than Oliviera!!

Last edited by Graeme C; 02-09-2006 at 03:29.
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:24   #10

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Do we still have his bro on loan? i have attached a pic of him
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3896_big.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	10718  
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:57   #11

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT
well, I don't think we have tools to determine "at least 18 goals"... firstly, because even though he did well yesterday, he will not be a starter... with Oliveira's arrival, he remains our 4th. striker...

still, I'm happy for him... I thought he was going to be loaned out again...
I agree. He's coming along, albeit trudgingly. Seems to always have pretty promising pre-season games for Milan and then looks disappointing in the few games he gets to play in regular season. I do hope we at least try him out more. You never know, he might be an uncut diamond ready for some work and polishing. What's it been like... 4+ years we've had him? I know we constantly loan him out. There's gotta be something about him for Milan to be continually doing this because most of our other loans get sold after no more than 2 seasons. Let me think..... Donati, Dalla Bonna, Kutezov, Aliyu, Daini (i think). Anyway... a bunch.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:00   #12

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Oh... furthermore, I do recall some pundits in the football world of Milan who said he had some "qualities" of "essence" like that of MVB. Whatever the heck that supposed to mean? Well if he does have those qualities, our training staff needs to find it and harness it into this player. Soon before he hits 25 yrs old. He might have already hit 25 too!
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:17   #13

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Borriello looks really sharp this preseason. His movement off the ball is great and he's been scoring the odd few too. I was going to mention him in the TIM trophy thread, but I guess its better to mention here.

I'm not sure whether he'll ever be a starter at Milan, despite his obviously improved abilities over the last few years, simply due to our current front 2, never mind that Oliveira was recently purchased.

There is one thing I feel comfortable about though, and that is Borriello is a player who could well push Pippo and Gila this year, really making them earn their places in the side.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:50   #14

savage_mau

Registered User
 
savage_mau's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2005
Fave Players: Maldini,Nesta,Pirlo,Kaka,Inzaghi, & whole Milan!!
savage_mau is on a distinguished road
We i watched his goal in TIm cup. his turning really like inzaghi.. I also believe that he can be success...well..whose know that the next big star is actually already at Milan just need to be given the right time to make his name..

He is better than bobo or ronaldo i guess...
__________________


FoRzA MiLan !!! I LOVE U !!!
savage_mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:54   #15

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Dont you guys wish we also had Tomasson too right now he was with us i think 2002-2005 75 played 22 scored and he used to get some limited playing time too.... I just hope Borriello wont be another potential striker we dont pay attention to.


And a previous post It'll make Gila and Pippo work harder for the spot, i really hope the coaches pick the player thats ready and trained the hardest for the games, not just repetitve picks....


Players should always earn the spot.....
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:15.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.