AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-09-2006, 09:52   #1

KingHenry®

BANNED!
 
KingHenry®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Fave Players: Fabregas..
KingHenry® is an unknown quantity at this point
Ancelottis Future?

Kaka has played down a bust-up with AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti during this week's defeat of Ascoli.

"There is great respect between myself and him. After the change of Ambrosini, I have only asked him to repeat the position in which I would have had to play," insisted the Brazilian. "I do not have any problem with Ancelotti."

Kaka's explanation comes after yesterday's terse comments: ""Ancelotti is the commander and I follow him."

The Brazilian was quick to assure fans his blow-up with Ancelotti was nothing like the running rows Andriy Shevchenko had with the coach last season before his move to Chelsea.

"My situation is completely different from that of Shevchenko and I will not leave."

--------------------------

For some time now ive been looking at this guy and thinkin does he actually know what he is doing? apart from the odd champions league and the scudetto what else has he given the milan team as a general? I believe the way in which the team has developed is to do with the team themselves not carlo. I just think milan would do better with a much better coach, I know some people might think im crazy but i feel shevchenko leavin was enivetable, the season after he left for chelsea, carlo now is arguing with kaka, kaka can say what he likes about the situatoin but what is carlo upto? does he even know how to respect players? does he even know what he is doing?

Now everybody can start attacking me or whatever, but in my eyes hes the italian version of ferguson, what did fergie do? apart from having bust ups with rvn, beckham, stam, veron and u know the list can go on and on...
KingHenry® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 10:22   #2

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeMilan®

For some time now ive been looking at this guy and thinkin does he actually know what he is doing? apart from the odd champions league and the scudetto what else has he given the milan team as a general? I believe the way in which the team has developed is to do with the team themselves not carlo. I just think milan would do better with a much better coach, I know some people might think im crazy but i feel shevchenko leavin was enivetable, the season after he left for chelsea, carlo now is arguing with kaka, kaka can say what he likes about the situatoin but what is carlo upto? does he even know how to respect players? does he even know what he is doing?
1) Unfortuantely, how the team develops itself (and develops positively we can admit) is highly correlated with the coachES.

2) There is "not much better coach" out there. If you consider Cappello be a great coach... just think about how he left Milan at the end.

3) Shevchenko leaving is inevitable; when you attribute his leaving to the coach, it's committing the same error people made about causal relationship.

4) If he doesn't respect the players, Borreillo won't even be playing.

5) He transfered Pirlo at the DM position. THat itself can earn him long contract. He transformed Seedorf into an important midfield again. And, one would inevitably argue, how do you know that Ancelotti doesn't help the development of Kaka`?

TO answer your title: Ancelotti is secure. If the management has decided to sell Shevchenko instead of showing Ancelotti the door, you should know darn well who is right and wrong. Our management doesn't make a lot of unncessary mistake really (although, of course, a lot of people will disagree with me about the summer transfer).
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 10:44   #3

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
yes, there aren't many coaches out there that are better than ancelotti. not MVB, not rijkaard, not donadoni. my dislike against mourihno and capello is growing by day. I have a few coaches I like/admire pretty much, but the only one I am willing to have is Lippi (even before his WC success). but he is not a milanese, so according to berlu, I don't think he will be here.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 11:14   #4

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Supreme, I think you are creating something out of nothing really ... as Carlo said about this in Gazzetta, jokes are funny only when they dont last too long.
So, just because Carlo and Kaka don't kiss each other for a good night that immediately means they have had a bust-up, their relations are on the rocks and the coach's future is in question?
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 11:23   #5

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
1) 5) He transfered Pirlo at the DM position. THat itself can earn him long contract. He transformed Seedorf into an important midfield again. And, one would inevitably argue, how do you know that Ancelotti doesn't help the development of Kaka`?

).

I have to say that this is not true. Pirlo was transfered to DM in Brescia when Baggio was playing AM. and Seedorf was already a CL winner with Ajax and Madrid before he came to Milan. there is nothing any coach needs to work on with Seedorf. He knows everything about any midfield position.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 11:28   #6

KingHenry®

BANNED!
 
KingHenry®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Fave Players: Fabregas..
KingHenry® is an unknown quantity at this point
Jeff some good points but i still have to disagree, I just sometimes dont agree with hes decisions. He has not achieved alot after many years at milan i can say that. Zlat i felt the same when that sheva situation happened but its like a snow ball just rolling down a hill getting bigger and bigger, when sheva left it was quite obvious carlo played a part
KingHenry® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 12:34   #7

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Hi Supreme,

I don't think you get my point across about Sheva. Let's see if I can explain clearer.

If I say, "Research shows that correlation between students' GPA and their filiality is high. That is, students who get high GPAs in school are more likely to be a filial child".
What's the problem with such assertion?

Answer: It may well be true that whoever is filial will get higher GPAs. In other words, we are not sure who leads / causes what. To apply this in Shevchenko's case, it may well be true that Shevchenko wants to leave; to attribute his leaving to Ancelotti is as groundless as attributing it to his wife.

Another assumption underlying your argument, and such assumption is unwarranted, at least until now. You are blaming Carlo for Sheva's departure. The word 'blame' itself bears assumption: that sheva's leave will contribute to the fall-apart of Milan.

Truth: Although we cannot judge Milan now given that season has just started, Milan has conceded 1 goal, scored 5 goals in Serie A; 6 goals in CL (including prelim), 1 goal conceded. That's 11 goals in total, 2 goals conceded in 6 games. You can further argue that our opponents are less powerful, but I beg you to think twice about the number of goals Milan has scored since the beginning of the season. Having said, if I am rational, then I should be indifferent about Shevchenko has left or no, since Milan's performance has not been affected, at least thus far.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 12:35   #8

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki
I have to say that this is not true. Pirlo was transfered to DM in Brescia when Baggio was playing AM. and Seedorf was already a CL winner with Ajax and Madrid before he came to Milan. there is nothing any coach needs to work on with Seedorf. He knows everything about any midfield position.
If you insist: Ancelotti dared to use him as a DM when Inter didn't.

Seedorf is nowhere near the status of a winner in Inter.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 12:36   #9

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeMilan®
Jeff some good points but i still have to disagree, I just sometimes dont agree with hes decisions. He has not achieved alot after many years at milan i can say that. Zlat i felt the same when that sheva situation happened but its like a snow ball just rolling down a hill getting bigger and bigger, when sheva left it was quite obvious carlo played a part
It's ok to disagree with his decision; but if you watch the game and his substitution, I would say they are mostly darn good. Perhaps we should also give him some credit for rotation (although he was not a supporter of rotational system before).
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 12:42   #10

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeMilan®
Kaka has played down a bust-up with AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti during this week's defeat of Ascoli.

"There is great respect between myself and him. After the change of Ambrosini, I have only asked him to repeat the position in which I would have had to play," insisted the Brazilian. "I do not have any problem with Ancelotti."

Kaka's explanation comes after yesterday's terse comments: ""Ancelotti is the commander and I follow him."

The Brazilian was quick to assure fans his blow-up with Ancelotti was nothing like the running rows Andriy Shevchenko had with the coach last season before his move to Chelsea.

"My situation is completely different from that of Shevchenko and I will not leave."

--------------------------

For some time now ive been looking at this guy and thinkin does he actually know what he is doing? apart from the odd champions league and the scudetto what else has he given the milan team as a general? I believe the way in which the team has developed is to do with the team themselves not carlo. I just think milan would do better with a much better coach, I know some people might think im crazy but i feel shevchenko leavin was enivetable, the season after he left for chelsea, carlo now is arguing with kaka, kaka can say what he likes about the situatoin but what is carlo upto? does he even know how to respect players? does he even know what he is doing?

Now everybody can start attacking me or whatever, but in my eyes hes the italian version of ferguson, what did fergie do? apart from having bust ups with rvn, beckham, stam, veron and u know the list can go on and on...


He has managed to keep the team competitive every season. That's something. Oh and yeah the odd Scudetto and the Champions League.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 13:21   #11

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
And the odd CL final in istanbul, and semi-final last yr.. oh yea and losing the odd way we lost the scudetto on the last day of last season against Juve + referees.. really, he did nothing he was lucky to get there because he has a great team..
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 14:58   #12

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
he did nothing he was lucky to get there because he has a great team..
Wait... are you talking about those coaching at Real Madrid when they had all the best players in the world (at least on paper) and wait... did they ever win anything?

I think I'm going to quit this conversation. Cheers.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 15:08   #13

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Truth is a team like Inter, with all the millions they spend every season, would love to have someone like Ancelotti, who knows how to keep the group together and make every player succesfully take over a role to make the team better, and make himself (the player) better by consequence...
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 17:21   #14

Milanista4ever

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Milanista4ever is on a distinguished road
Ancelotti is Class...with him we're guaranteed consistency, competitiveness all the time...There's a reason why no other team has been like Milan in CL during recent years...think about it, we could've and should've been champions of Italy in 2005 and 2006, which means 3 scudetti in a row, we deserved them and its not his fault the other team cheated with refs (and in the process screwed us in more than 1 way)...all of that while being protagonists in CL every year

Ancelotti is Class....I'm glad we don't have a fool like Mancini or a defensive scumbag like Capello in charge of our team, I repeat, Ancelotti is Class
Milanista4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 18:47   #15

midori

Registered User
 
midori's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Florida, US
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Boban
midori is on a distinguished road
With all due respect, taking a comment like Kaka's explanation comes after yesterday's terse comments: ""Ancelotti is the commander and I follow him." and reading anymore into it or turning it into questioning Carlo's abilities is a whole lot of something out of nothing.
__________________
Imagine a life, lived here without you
midori is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:53.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.