AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2006, 13:53   #1

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Arrow SOS--Save our Site!

I’m posting this to announce that I have to step aside as a co-owner of MM. I'm also posting to try once more to get a system of regular contributors set up to insure the future of the site and the forums.

This isn’t a decision that I’ve come by easily; after all MM has been in my life for nearly 8 years and I’ve “owned” it for the last 3 or 4 years. My reasons are twofold—paying back a huge loan to get the roof of my house fixed and having to take over the payment of the taxes on my house. I’ve never tallied up how much I’ve paid into MM, but it’s time now to pass that responsibility along to others.

We—Rezag and I—have a handful of people who contribute, and for that we are thankful. What needs to happen now is for us to secure more people who want to see MM continue, and for that pool of people to be large enough that no one person has to pay more than a certain share. Right now we’re functioning in such a way that 3 of us are covering any deficits or sometimes just one of us ends up doing it and that cannot continue to happen. It is not fair to anyone!

The common question when this is raised is how much will each contributor have to put in? It’s simple math—the more people who step forward, the less each has to contribute. We pay $160 per month. If 10 people will agree to be regular contributors, that’s $16 per month each. If the magic amount is $10 per month, then we need 16 people. The key to it all is that you MUST pay regularly.

I keep trying to get across the point that if we had a pool of 20, 25, 30 people, then you could work out a payment system, like 10 could say I’ll cover this month, and so many more could do another month and so on. THE MORE PEOPLE THE BETTER!

This isn’t the first time I’ve come to the mods and the members about this, but if we don’t find an actual solution, this may be the LAST time. OK folks? Bottom line is that we find people who want to be co-owners and pay a regular amount on a regular schedule or we’ll be saying goodbye to Milan Mania. This is no idle threat. When I first talked to Rezag about it, he said we’ll set the end of October as our deadline. I’m in total agreement with that deadline. Too often this year I’ve had to ask one among us to help us out; it’s now time for anyone who cares about MM and who can do something, anything, to step forward.

So I’m going to leave you to mull over are these points:
-MM will go offline by the end of October unless we find contributors or co-owners
-contributors/co-owners MUST agree to regular and equitable payments
-payments are going to have to be on some sort of regular schedule, and I’ve asked Rez if he can set a date for us
-we need solutions fast!
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 14:18   #2

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Im in. And im sure we can find another 8-10 people who are always in here and are wiling to do something to get this thing through.... So, if whoever in ON for helpong Milanmania. Talk!
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 15:41   #3

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Im really sorry! i wish i can donate some hard cash, but at the moment im struggling to get bye

I will try and help us much as i can though!

Rezag what happened to the ads? i mean there must be a way of doing it, without like enoying pop ups and stuff.. i have a think and talk to some of my mates about it!

im sorry again!
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 15:53   #4

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I'm not going to come out and ask people to make donations, as I'm unable to myself. But, I do care about this place a lot and hope those who can afford to support the site will be willing to.

In the end, though I can't give money, but I'm looking into ways to solve the issue, if we all put in some effort in some form, I'm sure we can help too, money isn't the only answer
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 16:45   #5

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Sorry that you have had to make this decision Debs..but thanks for all ur help to date.

As for me, I am as broke as a church mouse...but I will see what I can do...unfortunate to see the demise of a site that has meant so much to me over the years...

But, nothing in life is free it seems...

Thanks again Debs...

Come on guys...where are the multi-millionaire AC Milan fans out there?
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 17:35   #6

midori

Registered User
 
midori's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Florida, US
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Boban
midori is on a distinguished road
I've given in the past, would be more than okay with a schedule (cause my mind wanders) & a set price, if you will. So right now we just need 8 more people and we'll all be at $16 a month. Heck, 18 more and $8 a month, 28 more and only $5.33 a month
__________________
Imagine a life, lived here without you
midori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 18:12   #7

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
The most important thing is that we will all be responsible of our contribution... so we remain together in the long run, not just the first month...
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 18:26   #8

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Can somebody explain how the payment is done, I mean th procedure of the payment?Thanx
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 19:26   #9

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
best way is probably Paypal, but we would need to define a scheme... we can't just put all the activity on Rezag's shoulders...

first things first... let's count how many are willing to take charge of the contribution part... are you in kastriot?
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 21:42   #10

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
So far the list lloks like:

1.- Debs
2.- rezag
3.- SANT
4.- zlatanov
5.- Vadim
6. - mrki
7. - midori

if someone else thinks, or rather is sure, he/she would be able to make a monetary contribution on a regular basis, please add your nick to the list.
Thanks all
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti

Last edited by zlatanov; 02-10-2006 at 21:46.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 22:25   #11

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb

Y don't u guys use google adds?????
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 23:54   #12

acmilanone

Registered User
 
acmilanone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: Bellevue, WA
Fave Players: All AC Milan Players
acmilanone is on a distinguished road
count me in for the next $10 needed. I will only use paypal.
acmilanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:21   #13

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
I`m in, I `ll just have to sort some details first.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:06   #14

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Aldough Im in, I dont have any idea how will we do it????? Can someone explain it more? And what about those adds? there are so many people in here, im sure some advertising can help. The problem is I dont know S*** about that stuff....but im sure you know it
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:59   #15

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
So far

1.- Debs
2.- rezag
3.- SANT
4.- zlatanov
5.- Vadim
6. - mrki
7. - midori
8. - Acmilanone
9.- Kastriot

Cmon guys, more people are needed.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.