AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Who do you think should be a new captain of Milan?
Dida 1 3.13%
Nesta 7 21.88%
Gattuso 8 25.00%
Pirlo 10 31.25%
Kaka 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-10-2006, 11:43   #1

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Leader problem in Milan

Hey guys, I was thinking about Maldini. He is great, but now he has problems and I dont think he ll come back properly. I think its his time to leave. Because while we have Maldini, who is officially a captain, but almost never plays, team is lacking a leader during the game. That might be a problem causing poor performance. Why dont they pick another captain - the one who always plays...and not as aggressive as Gattuso. I think Nesta could make a good captain. What do you guys think about this?
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 12:20   #2

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
The team doesn't lack a leader during the game. It is true that Maldini is not constantly on the field. But even when he is playing...doesn't mean that he is the only one that leads the team. We have great players with a lot of experience and just because they don't wear the captain's armband doesn't mean that they are not leaders. Whether Maldini is on the field or not, you see people like Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Cafu always having their hands up explaining and talking to their team mates. Trying to keep them on their toes. There is no leadership problem on the field.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 12:26   #3

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo
The team doesn't lack a leader during the game. It is true that Maldini is not constantly on the field. But even when he is playing...doesn't mean that he is the only one that leads the team. We have great players with a lot of experience and just because they don't wear the captain's armband doesn't mean that they are not leaders. Whether Maldini is on the field or not, you see people like Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Cafu always having their hands up explaining and talking to their team mates. Trying to keep them on their toes. There is no leadership problem on the field.
I cant agree with this. I dont see leadership on the field. And I think that captain band should be worn by one player..not every game by different player. There cant be several leaders...it should be one person. I m not saying that we have bad players. Players are great and they do their job, but the captain is essential. Plus, I really disagree with Gattuso wearing the captain band.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 12:27   #4

rahul.acm

Registered User
 
rahul.acm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
rahul.acm is on a distinguished road
No one can take over Maldini untill he retires. THAT IS THE LAW! I agree we need some motivation or more precisely a little battering on the pitch. Our next captain has to be someone who is calm on the pitch and can blast anyone who is not concentrating.
rahul.acm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 12:30   #5

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
I agree, noone can take over Maldini...He is great and one of my favorite players. But he ve done all he could and is not playing anymore. He has problems with his knee and he is not going to be cured. So maybe its time to give a way to a new captain. As for Maldini..I think in a few years time he can make a very good coach of Milan.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 13:03   #6

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Oksana!!! where have you been? good to see you here...

I think you touched a very interesting subject.

I don't think Milan lacks leadership... however, I agree with you when you say the armband should not be worn by a different player every game... but I guess right now, that is inevitable... in order, our captains are

Maldini, Costacurta, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Seedorf

Nesta is not in the list because of his past as captain of Lazio... and he's a big time joker in the clubhouse, more than a figure of respect... Kaka' could do well, but he's still very young... so, that leaves us Rino Gattuso as a player who always starts the games, Italian, champion of the world, and with clubhouse presence... always the first to arrive to training...

but as long as Maldini and Costacurta are active, and Ambro is available, they go first simply because of seniority...
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 13:17   #7

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
I see nothing wrong with Rino´s captaincy...unless that due to his excessive running up and down the pitch, he is too breathless to shout at his teammates...

As for leadership, or the lack thereof, refer to the above.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 13:31   #8

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
I see nothing wrong with Rino´s captaincy...unless that due to his excessive running up and down the pitch, he is too breathless to shout at his teammates...

As for leadership, or the lack thereof, refer to the above.
I'm adding my words to Warro's. I see nothing wrong with Rino being captain; in fact just a year or so ago almost everyone here was behind making him the next captain before Maldini was even dead and buried, so to speak. He's got the drive, he's got the passion, he's got the love for the team and is single-minded in aiding that team with every ounce of his being. If Rino has a fault, to my mind it is that he cares too much and therefore tries too hard. The blood in his veins is definitely red and black!
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 13:47   #9

Franco6

Registered User
 
Franco6's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Malta
Fave Players: Van Basten Baresi Maldini Gattuso Nesta
Franco6 is on a distinguished road
Gattuso speaks a lot IMO. He spoke too much after Istanbul saying he was thinking to leave, years ago he praised Ambro cuz he stayed on the bench and said he would have not accepted it and now the Rangers thing. Gattuso is a fighter, but he's not diplomatic to be a captain. Since Ambrosini never plays more than 20 consecutive games, I'do go for Sandro Nesta as captain. As for leaders, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf & Kaka are better leaders than Gattuso.
__________________
CAMPIONI D'EUROPA No.7
Franco6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 14:02   #10

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
For some reason i don't see Pirlo or Seedorf making great captains. If he was younger, i'd give it to Cafu, but that obviously won't solve much as he'll be gone soon.

Inzaghi? If not Gattuso, then i think it should be Nesta.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 14:49   #11

zZ[-_-]Zz

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 07 2006
zZ[-_-]Zz is on a distinguished road
i doubt Nesta will captain Milan ever... by doin' so he would anger the Lazio fans... and i believe Ancelotti knows it...
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 15:44   #12

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco6
Gattuso speaks a lot IMO....He spoke too much after Istanbul saying he was thinking to leave...and now the Rangers thing.
Rino went to great pains to clarify what the reporter stated, insofar as the Rangers thing is concerned. He was definately mis-quoted. As far as post Istanbul...he can be forgiven for voicing his thoughts...he isnt a poker player (though maybe he should be)...and could do with a lesson or two in tact...but for me, on the pitch at any rate, we have a perfect captain (as long as he keeps his head that is).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco6
Gattuso is a fighter, but he's not diplomatic to be a captain. Since Ambrosini never plays more than 20 consecutive games, I'do go for Sandro Nesta as captain. As for leaders, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf & Kaka are better leaders than Gattuso.
Dont know how u come by this opinion Franco...u must have some clear examples...but IMO (and we can agree to disagree here), a leader shows by example, and no one works harder than Rino on the pitch....Kaka himself has denied the "leader" description.

As for diplomacy, that will come with experience, and exposure.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 15:55   #13

zZ[-_-]Zz

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 07 2006
zZ[-_-]Zz is on a distinguished road
maybe Gilardino can be given the captain armband? perhaps the added responsibility will actually motivate him? i'm so wishin' for the period he starts scorin' regularly & silence me... i'm gettin' annoyed comin' up with new things to say about him...

but until he b*tch-slaps me around with brilliant performances... i have to think up new stuff... and it is not gettin' easy...
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 16:09   #14

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
I can see your point Dan about Nesta, but Gattuso aside i don't think there are many other worthwhile candidates to captain our side. I can't see Pirlo or Seedorf being strong enough characters for some reason.

I prefer Gattuso, but if not him then maybe Dida or Inzaghi (which i admit aren't great choices because of their positions on the pitch).
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 16:13   #15

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT
Oksana!!! where have you been? good to see you here...

I think you touched a very interesting subject.

I don't think Milan lacks leadership... however, I agree with you when you say the armband should not be worn by a different player every game... but I guess right now, that is inevitable... in order, our captains are

Maldini, Costacurta, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Seedorf

Nesta is not in the list because of his past as captain of Lazio... and he's a big time joker in the clubhouse, more than a figure of respect... Kaka' could do well, but he's still very young... so, that leaves us Rino Gattuso as a player who always starts the games, Italian, champion of the world, and with clubhouse presence... always the first to arrive to training...

but as long as Maldini and Costacurta are active, and Ambro is available, they go first simply because of seniority...

Hey Sant! Its nice to see you too. I ve been very busy with University. But now I m done and again here .
About the possible captain...Ambrosini almost never plays, Costacurta too...Seedorf is not captain figure, Gattuso is too aggressive, Kaka is much too young, Cafu is old..so when the hell will we have a constant captain? I think they d better give it to Nesta then. Although I understand all the concerns about it. Maybe Pirlo could be the one. He is good, not aggressive and plays all the time.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:05.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.