AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-02-2007, 15:32   #1

Paddy De Nagan

Registered User
 
Paddy De Nagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2001
Location: Dublin,Ireland
Fave Players: Albertini, Gatusso, Maldini, Ambrosini, KPB, Cassa
Paddy De Nagan is on a distinguished road
Rijkaard denies he is to move to Milan in Summer

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoId=13660

Frank Rijkaard has once again denied reports in Spain, that he is to quit Barca to take over at Milan.

After Eto'o showed up Barca player's unrest, I think it would be better until Rijkaard proves himself and his player skills before coming to Milan.
I think it would also be foolish to hire a coach on the basis that he was a legend for us as a player. That should not even come into the equation, in my opinion.
Paddy De Nagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 15:57   #2

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
I don't know whether he will be at Milan next year but It looks more and more likely that he will be Milan's next coach, when carlo leaves, with probably Tassotti as his assistant given that he knows the squad inside out and would make the transition much smoother.
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 16:16   #3

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
At this stage Berlusconi would probably sell his own grandmother if it meant he'd have a better chance of getting Ronaldinho. So if he thinks there's even the slightest of chances getting Rijkaard will increase the likelihood of seeing Ronaldinho in our shirt, you can be certain Berlusconi will be ready to exploit it.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 17:53   #4

Giorgos

Registered User
 
Giorgos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: Greece,Thessaloniki (Macedonia)
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic
Giorgos is on a distinguished road
I also read that Rijkaard doesn't reject Milan's opportunity. Lets talk how Rijkaard would look like. An offensive coach whereas we have a defensive one. I don't know the thing i know is that in summer we need a great refreshment.
__________________
PAOK Thessaloniki for Ever....
Giorgos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 18:01   #5

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
An Italian(?) from another forum is almost 100% certain that Rijkaard will be our coach next season. Let's wait and see...I really have no problem with him.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 12:43   #6

Shomo

Registered User
 
Shomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Fave Players: Kaka,Maldini,TH14,Diego Maradona,Tony Adams
Shomo is an unknown quantity at this point
I Will Be Very Glad if we can bring Rijkaard to Milan, I prefer him than Ancelotti
__________________
"Riches and Poverty are both the offspring of Thoughts"

"the hardest thing for people to do is to think"-Henry Ford
Shomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 18:55   #7

humanTORCH

Registered User
 
humanTORCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Near the EQUATOR!
Fave Players: Sheva,Zidane,Boban,MVB
humanTORCH is on a distinguished road
whatever it is, ancelotti cycle in Milan should end. It's not I hate him but we need to refresh.
I would welcome Rijkaard anytime!
__________________
One time Van Basten said to me: Why do Milan keep winning while the others don't?
I answered: Marco, we want to remain in the memory as a side that wins in a certain way, we must entertain the public because it's just not the winning that counts.'
- Arrigo Sacchi
humanTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 06:03   #8

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
To be very honest, I am not a very big fan for Rijkaard as a coach. To me, signing either Ronaldinho or Eto'o should be the priority when we try to take someone from Barcelona. Since the bust up between those two seem unlikely to be resolved, one of them would have to leave. I would be happy to see either one of them wearing Milan jersey. Especially Eto'o, he is the perfect replacement for Shevchenko. The transition is going to be like when George Weah took over from Van Basten as our primary striker.

As for Rijkaard, it shouldnt surprise anyone that he is denying all those rumors. I think he definitely will leave at the end of the season based on the dissatisfaction about the way Laporta is running the club. At this point, however, he has to keep his team together by saying he isn't leaving until the end of the season. Just like Shevchenko, he never talked about leaving us during the entire year last season but decided to sign with Chelsea as soon as the season was over. I am not so sure Rijkaard is the right coach for this team. He has shown the ability to utilize superstars, but not a lot more than that. Marcelo Lippi is a much better tactician than Rijkaard and has a lot more experience with Italian's style of management.
slifersd is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:37.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.