AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2007, 11:13   #1

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Official: Gilardino to Fiorentina

Well, since the "what's so bad about Gila?" thread is closed, i think its about time another one is open.

He startd off the season really badly, but then kind of found some rhythm for 6 matches in a row. Since the beginning of January, we haven't seen him score nor show any promising signs of development.

But instead, he humuliates AC Milan infront of the entire world with the most ridiculous dive of all time. Im afraid its time for Gila to leave, no matter how good he was, he just isn't consistent enough at Milan. Here's a video of his pathetic dive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn34xQU2M94

I thought he learnt from his mistake but I was wrong. Last night he also dived against Palermo and earned a penalty. He has been diving for Milan for quite a while now but no one actually admits it. If you dont believe me, try to notice him in the next few games.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:19   #2

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
I think he's trying to impress the folks @ juve with his "abilities"
for all we know, Nedved is watching his tapes with tears of pride that someone could take over when he leaves
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:48   #3

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Hehe, Gila became a symbol for diving. Pippo, CR and Nedved are all in the shadow now.
Like most of the strikers, especially Italian ones, Gila is diving in the penalty box, but he's not doing it very successfully.
He tried to cheat to get a penalty many times this season. Most of the times the refs didn't fall for it, but 2 times they did give a penalty. And imagine this... both times the penalty was missed


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgl-F7K8nCQ ( against Palermo yesterday. If someones still thinks he didn't dive, watch this video somewhere around 01:00 minute)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXo26hPWnLM ( against Torino. Around 01:55 minutes)

Diving is a problem, and a big one, in Italian football. But i think you're all too harsh on Gila. He's not doing something the Milan strikers weren't constantly doing in the past.
There were 2 teams in Italy that were getting many suspicious penalty kicks, after their strikers were obviously diving.
This year one of the 2 teams is still waiting for the first season penalty in their favour, although they are falling in the PB as much as they were in the past, while the other team isn't getting a penalty everytime someone dives in the box.

And don't blame only Gila. Even your golden boy knows how to act :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNvUcZ7DbUE

__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:53   #4

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
I think he's trying to impress the folks @ juve with his "abilities"
for all we know, Nedved is watching his tapes with tears of pride that someone could take over when he leaves
I'll be little harsh with you ............ mate

With the things Gilardino and Pippo are doing ( diving) it's silly to take Nedved as THE diver in Italy.... so please BASTA !

I'll writte again what i wrote on another forum :
There's a difference between diving 30 metres from the goal and diving in the penalty box.
In both occassions it's cheating and every diver should be punished with a yellow card, no matter if he dives in front of his keeper or in front of other team's keeper.
But, imo, there's a difference, and the ones who dive trying to get a PK should get a more harsh punishment. Maybe not a red card, but at least 1 match suspension.
Nedved, Totti, C.Ronaldo do dive, but they all get beaten a lot and sometimes they are diving trying to protect their legs from more serious faul.
But the way Inzaghi and Gilardino dive is very mean. They're doing it for one reason only - to get a penalty kick !

EDIT : It's just a coincidence both Gila and Pippo are in Milan atm. I don't wanna say only Milan's strikers are divers, or it's smthg they learn at Milan.
No, they are both diving now as much as they were diving in Atalanta, Juventus, Parma.
It's probably smthg they all learn as youth players, everywhere in Italy.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have

Last edited by Tony29.; 01-03-2007 at 11:59.
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:56   #5

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Hehe, Gila became a symbol for diving. Pippo, CR and Nedved are all in the shadow now.
Like most of the strikers, especially Italian ones, Gila is diving in the penalty box, but he's not doing it very successfully.
He tried to cheat to get a penalty many times this season. Most of the times the refs didn't fall for it, but 2 times they did give a penalty. And imagine this... both times the penalty was missed


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgl-F7K8nCQ ( against Palermo yesterday. If someones still thinks he didn't dive, watch this video somewhere around 01:00 minute)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXo26hPWnLM ( against Torino. Around 01:55 minutes)

Diving is a problem, and a big one, in Italian football. But i think you're all too harsh on Gila. He's not doing something the Milan strikers weren't constantly doing in the past.
There were 2 teams in Italy that were getting many suspicious penalty kicks, after their strikers were obviously diving.
This year one of the 2 teams is still waiting for the first season penalty in their favour, although they are falling in the PB as much as they were in the past, while the other team isn't getting a penalty everytime someone dives in the box.

And don't blame only Gila. Even your golden boy knows how to act :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNvUcZ7DbUE

are you saying that he's not Juve material?
But you must say that his most recent performances have a lot of "potential" ...I'm sure before Moggi left he said "keep an eye on that kid"

I have no idea who you were referring to though I know Pippo is surely one, but I must have seen Sheva dive about three times since he came here...that is certainly better than the strikers in most other teams
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:51   #6

eltomas2

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2006
eltomas2 is on a distinguished road
if the penalty helps the team I'm rooting for then I think "well, if you're not cheating , you're not trying hard enough"...hehe, if it's the other team that does it then I start saying and screaming "what the fu#@ was that!!!arrrgghhh"...diving it's the most noticeable form of "cheating" and it is despicable but it's not the only thing that players do, look at the corner kicks, when I was younger I remember how the coach taught us how to punch/grab shirts and this happens to the highest level of football...the good, the bad and the ugly is ALL part of the game
eltomas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 13:08   #7

Stezagud

Registered User
 
Stezagud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: England
Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
The one vs Celtic was a bit of a shocker, i couldnt believe it when i first saw it because he was still within sliding reach of the ball and couldve gone for goal
__________________
'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.' - Big Ron
Stezagud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 13:18   #8

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltomas2
if the penalty helps the team I'm rooting for then I think "well, if you're not cheating , you're not trying hard enough"...hehe, if it's the other team that does it then I start saying and screaming "what the fu#@ was that!!!arrrgghhh"...diving it's the most noticeable form of "cheating" and it is despicable but it's not the only thing that players do, look at the corner kicks, when I was younger I remember how the coach taught us how to punch/grab shirts and this happens to the highest level of football...the good, the bad and the ugly is ALL part of the game
The above statement is not the view of AC Milan and a WHOLE TON of its fans.
On NO level do I support/ condone ANY cheating/acting simulation. That said however, if the other side is perpetually getting away with it, and my side decides to do it I will turn a blind eye, but I will not approve of it..ever!

Whenever Inzaghi/ Gila flops I boo! We are Milan and if we can't win fairly then we shouldn't win at all
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 13:40   #9

eltomas2

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2006
eltomas2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
The above statement is not the view of AC Milan and a WHOLE TON of its fans.
On NO level do I support/ condone ANY cheating/acting simulation. That said however, if the other side is perpetually getting away with it, and my side decides to do it I will turn a blind eye, but I will not approve of it..ever!

Whenever Inzaghi/ Gila flops I boo! We are Milan and if we can't win fairly then we shouldn't win at all
idealistically speaking, I agree...reality speaking, I don't
eltomas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:51   #10

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
He was reffering to Kaka and he is totally right. The clip that Tony posted clearly shows how Kaka completely miskicked the ball and fell down so the ref gave him a penalty. On top of that, Kaka stayed on the ground as if he was kicked while you can clearly see that there was no contact.
However, nobody was dissapointed in that and nobody mentioned it.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:50   #11

Rayno_acm

Registered User
 
Rayno_acm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Bulgaria
Fave Players: MVB,Sheva,Weah,Kaka',Pirlo
Rayno_acm is on a distinguished road
Here's a pic from the game vs. Anderlecht at "San Siro"...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gila_wins_penalty.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	11089  
__________________
FORZA MAGICO MILAN
Rayno_acm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:41   #12

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Dont blame Gila, he trains with Pippo every daqy But Tony, hey, I dont have much time now but I'll find some diving specials from Pavel the great and Gianluca, and Del Piero....VEndetta,hahhaha
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:26   #13

peters

Registered User
 
peters's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Slovenia
peters is on a distinguished road
I agree with hitmann. I mean, 2 blatant dives in last 3 games, one actually earned him a penalty? Jezus, hes supposed to be a striker right (not jezus, gila)? We have a striker that goes for dive in 1vs1 situations with the keeper... where can i hide please? Maybe he was going for the movie oscars but heck, they were already given...
peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:44   #14

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
He should watch Gerrard and see how to "win" penalties
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:42   #15

Juve

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Serie b
Juve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
I think he's trying to impress the folks @ juve with his "abilities"
for all we know, Nedved is watching his tapes with tears of pride that someone could take over when he leaves
LOL cmon man there is noway u think Nedved dives more than inzaghi and gila. Sure he dives ocassionaly but not in the penalty box and not as much as inzaghi and gila. And i doubt Nedved was proud wit gila's dive that was the worst dive i'v ever seen and Nedved probably said thats not how u do it kid!
Juve is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.