AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 17:12   #1

Vadim

Moderator
 
Vadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
UCL QF 2nd Leg: Bayern Munich-AC Milan

Hard to believe that the match is just 6 days away. We're up against the wall here. Bayern have two away goals and are playing at the Alianz Arena. They will also have Van Bommel back.

But don't lose hope. It can be done. We dominated Bayern. They had two half-chances and unfortunately took advantage of both of them. I haven't seen Pirlo playing like that since the summer. Il Concorde will hopefully make a return against Empoli on Saturday and maybe start. I'm not holding my breath, but if he runs along that left flank like he did last year, he will cause heaps of problems in the Bayern defense, especially with Sagnol out. I won't post my lineup just yet as I don't want to jinx anything that might happen on Saturday, remember what happened in Messina last year right before the 2nd leg vs. Barca.

But I have faith that we will come through. It will be difficult, but it can be done. Time for one more from Pippo. Forza Milan
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 17:18   #2

Milan_Mad

Registered User
 
Milan_Mad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Cheshire, England
Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Buffon, Klose!!
Milan_Mad is on a distinguished road
I believe its still its open all we have to do is win , it's pippo time
__________________
Forza Milan
Milan_Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 17:29   #3

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Yes Vadim, Pippo, in what hopefully will be his last season, owes us big time in this game. I hope he is played along with Oli, as he is a forward that needs space to be created for him, since he is practically useless with the ball at his feet, when outside of the box....

Our strategy though, will play into Bayern´s hands I think, as we will be vulnerable on the counter, and we will have no choice but to go all out to attack.

If Nesta, and hopefully Bonera have a good game, with better crossing from Oddo, we could indeed pull it off.

Dont kno if I will have the courage to watch the game though.

FORZA MIIIIIIIILAN: Regardless!!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 17:55   #4

lana

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2000
lana is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking at How ROMA played well just magnifies how bad we played.I hope our players are ashamed especially Ancelloti the man whose coaching tactics seem to be devolving.He seems totally haunted by the Euro Final against liverpool.
lana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 18:59   #5

remote2book

Registered User
 
remote2book's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
ok guys........will sergihino be back? becasue if u guys remember 2 or 3 goals were asists from seraghino to pippo last year....if he is back we will have more expierence against byren..and we should start two strikers not just one....i just hope i just hope we win...i dc wat happens and iam never picking byren to play with in fif07
__________________
"It is the team of my heart and colors of my soul"---Cesare Maldini Forza Milan for life

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 19:03   #6

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lana
Looking at How ROMA played well just magnifies how bad we played.I hope our players are ashamed especially Ancelloti the man whose coaching tactics seem to be devolving.He seems totally haunted by the Euro Final against liverpool.
Disagree; you won't say the same thing should Van Buyten didn't score the last goal. And, the score would have been 2-1 as well, so I don't see how Roma did any way better than Milan as far as scoreline is concerned.

With Gila out and Pippo and Oli totally out of shape, I don't think Milan will be able to qualify.

Milan 1
Bayern 2
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 20:00   #7

Acmir^

Registered User
 
Acmir^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Pandev, Van Basten, Kaka
Acmir^ is on a distinguished road
even if Serginho is back and available to play i don't think it's a wise decision to let him play the whole match, the guy hasn't played a game for one year and you expect him to do magic against Bayern that will be very hard.

It would be best to put him sometime in the second half and i don't know if we should play with one or two strikers because we mustn't concede a goal and we have to score so it's a tough decision, but i think Caro will play with only Pippo in attack and if the result is still 0-0 in the second half he will put Oliveira in and i think that's the best choice.
__________________
A.C. MILAN & F.K. VARDAR

Life ends when you stop Dreaming; Hope ends when you stop Believing; Love ends when you stop Caring; so Dream, Believe and Care. Life is really beautiful!
Acmir^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 20:16   #8

tardissun

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: USA
tardissun is on a distinguished road
Here's what I'm nervous about:
1) Olviera - he just plain sucks. He shoots whenever he gets the ball, never passes, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. But we have no one else to use.

2) Defense - Mistakes and easy goals have been the theme for this year. I'm also very sad to see Maldini make so many. He's a legend, and it's just not right.

3) Dida - Can Mr. Butterfingers catch a cross and possibly be at a correct angle to stop a shot? (Dida has REALLY annoyed me this year and last - his time is up. What the heck was mgmt thinking when they resigned him and Kalac to new deals.)

Final score - Bayern 1 - 0. Bayern will get a goal early and then close up and defend the rest of the game.

PS. I would throw Dida some ice to put on his emotional wounds for misreading/mishandling so many shots, but I'm afraid the idiot would miss it and it'd hit him and he'd sue.
tardissun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 20:52   #9

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tardissun
PS. I would throw Dida some ice to put on his emotional wounds for misreading/mishandling so many shots, but I'm afraid the idiot would miss it and it'd hit him and he'd sue.
What Dida did really hurt our team, but still, he doesn't deserve your personal attack. So easy there.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 20:55   #10

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Here is a little flash back to see what Bayern and Milan achieved so far in the CL this year.

Bayern 4-0 (2-2) Spartak Moskva
Milan 3-0 (0-1)AEK

Internazionale 0-2(1-1) Bayern
Lille 0-0 (2-0) Milan

Sporting 0-1 (0-0) Bayern
Anderlecht 0-1 (1-4) Milan


Celtic 0-0 (0-1) Milan
Real Madrid 3-2 (1-2) Bayern

So far, Bayern have lost only one game in knock outs...Milan have lost twice: against AEK and Lille (shame actually). Bayern havent lost a single game at home this year. They are well known for holding a draw 0-0 or 1-1 if they really need to. The problem is that this is what they ARE GOING TO DO: try to hold a draw, 0-0 as a best case scenario, and 1-1 as worst. In both cases they go through.
I m not an optimist in general, and now it is even worse..as my predictions are quite pessimistic. Milan will not be able to win in Germany - that I know almost for sure (hopefully I m wrong, as i really wish we will win the game 3-0 or smth like that), same as I doubt that Milan is currently capable of scoring many goals..and if there is a draw - it must be 3-3 - so we go throug, or 2-2 and we go to the extra time. It is very hard to score against Bayern away, and it is even harder to score 2 or 3 goals.
We might get lucky and score just one goal, and get even more lucky and not concede any. Is it very likely? I dont know, possibly...But I honestly have a feeling that since Sheva left we dont have any luck..feels like he took it all with him (and lost half way somewhere).
Anyways, FORZA MILAN! The game is very soon, lets HOPE..as it is all we can currently do.

__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 21:07   #11

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tardissun
Here's what I'm nervous about:
1) Olviera - he just plain sucks. He shoots whenever he gets the ball, never passes, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. But we have no one else to use.

2) Defense - Mistakes and easy goals have been the theme for this year. I'm also very sad to see Maldini make so many. He's a legend, and it's just not right.

3) Dida - Can Mr. Butterfingers catch a cross and possibly be at a correct angle to stop a shot? (Dida has REALLY annoyed me this year and last - his time is up. What the heck was mgmt thinking when they resigned him and Kalac to new deals.)

Final score - Bayern 1 - 0. Bayern will get a goal early and then close up and defend the rest of the game.

PS. I would throw Dida some ice to put on his emotional wounds for misreading/mishandling so many shots, but I'm afraid the idiot would miss it and it'd hit him and he'd sue.

Look I m also not optimistic, but you are being really bad now.
First of all, Oliveira passes the ball, and does it quite often. The problem is - that someone on who he passes so many times could not score from the best position ever. I m not gonna call any names...Of course he tries to shoot as well - he is a striker, what is he supposed to do?! Although for the game with Bayern I d put Mr Offside to start with and then would sub him for RO is necessery.
Dont blame Maldini..what do you expect from him??? He stayed this year to help the team, bcoz we didnt have any defenders and could not let him go. He doesnt play that bad. I think who is really to blame is Ancelotti. He saw that Maldini was tired, and Seedorf, but he did not make any subs almost till last minutes of the game. The question is WHY???? He should have used the subs much earlier and then probably we would be able to win that game.
Dida, in fact, really did not have the best match of his life. Dida is not that bad, I dont understand why the whole blame should be his? Defence left him all alone...they were making a mess and disturbed him a lot at the end. Dida made mistakes, but show me a player who doesnt make them. And, where is the guarantee that if we sell him we ll get someone better? As we already have noticed - it is really bad without Dida, so it is much better to have him then Kalac or Storari all together.
The only thing I d agree with you, is that Bayern will try to score an early goal and then will sit in defence.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 21:19   #12

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Storari has more talent in his pinkies than Kalac has in both hands.

I just don't want us to fall into the trap of underestimating Kahn. He may be old and about to retire, but he's still got the juice.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 21:20   #13

remote2book

Registered User
 
remote2book's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
guys guys guys guys.....lets all take a deep breath....first of all dats wat we thought in the first leg..but to everyones surprise....we killed them..no pass was coming through....they had no shots on goal...and us being unlucky..we missed easy chances...and is it only me dat thinks...how stupid it is dat some big girl looking guy who is a freakin CD dat scored byrens only two goals....that shows how good their attack is....we will fix the mistakes...and byren kno they got lucky...
__________________
"It is the team of my heart and colors of my soul"---Cesare Maldini Forza Milan for life

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 21:33   #14

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
Storari has more talent in his pinkies than Kalac has in both hands.

I just don't want us to fall into the trap of underestimating Kahn. He may be old and about to retire, but he's still got the juice.
I agree that Kahn is a very good goalkeeper. He is old, but still is very good. I am actually scared of him. If I were a striker, I would not go anywhere near this guy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by remote2book
guys guys guys guys.....lets all take a deep breath....first of all dats wat we thought in the first leg..but to everyones surprise....we killed them..no pass was coming through....they had no shots on goal...and us being unlucky..we missed easy chances...and is it only me dat thinks...how stupid it is dat some big girl looking guy who is a freakin CD dat scored byrens only two goals....that shows how good their attack is....we will fix the mistakes...and byren kno they got lucky...
Look, yes we were unlucky, but who told you that, all of a sudden, in the 2d leg we are going to be very lucky? When was our last luck? I dont remember, must have been pretty long time ago.
And yes nobody expected a defender of Bayern to score goals. However, as I thought we d have a draw in the 1st leg - happend. Now, if we managed to do only a draw at home - why do you think that we will be able to win in Germany? We will need to play 2 times as hard to win the next game. And also Kahn is going to play - and I say it is pretty bad for us. Bayern will try to score a quick early goal and go to defence. Will we not let them do so? Hopefully, yes. But if Ancelotti is going to be with his subs as late as last time, then we dont have a chance, bcoz even if we will be winning 0:1 at the 75th minute (more is very unlikely) and Ancelotti will not make any subs...Bayern will press us, score (bcoz when Milan is pressed they start panicking + tired defence) and go to the semi-finals.
Ancelotti needs to change his tactics for the 2d leg and do smth that Bayern least expects from us. And while they are being surprised we should score 1, 2 goals. I see that as the only way.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 22:30   #15

remote2book

Registered User
 
remote2book's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
screw this lunky and unlucky thing..we dont get to decide...when we wanna be lucky or unlucky....our skills were obviously better then byrens...except for the mistakes made by the defence...skills is wat counts...and thats wahts going to come in handy...in munich..
__________________
"It is the team of my heart and colors of my soul"---Cesare Maldini Forza Milan for life

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:45.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.