AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 10:04   #1

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
My Milan - Season 2008/2009

I know we still have plenty to play for this season, but this is my squad for 2008/2009. A bit unrealistic, but I can hope. Please post yours considering numbers, price & availability.

Kprs - Frey, Offredi, Viviano.
Defence - Antonelli, Bonera, De Silvestri, Janku, Kaladze, Marzoratti, Nesta, Oddo, Zambrotta, Zapata.
Midfield - Ambrosini, Cigarini, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kaka, Kompany, Montolivio, Pirlo, Seedorf.
Forwards - Benezma, Di Gennaro, Inzaghi, Pato, Pozzi, Ronaldinho.

28 players. A proper squad size imo, with quality cover, and tactical/technical options in all places.

Subs:
KP - Viviano/Offredi.
CD - Marzoratti/Zapata/Bonera.
CM - Cigarini/Kompany/Gourcuff.
AM - Montolivio/Gourcuff
CF - Pozzi/Di Gennaro/Pato.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:00   #2

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
I dunno I think it's a bit overwhelming and unrealistic. Some people would get 0 playing time, especially the just returned Primavera players which would just hinder their progress.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:23   #3

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
It works out the same amount of players as now, just 1 more player in the forward & midfield departments. It's more rounded, and can't be any worse than the current squad which has a huge divide in class.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:41   #4

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Frey and Cigarini is a good choices I reckon. don't think we will see Antonelli though, a serie B fullback with an average rating clearly under "6" is most likely not getting minutes with us next year. Kompany for me is a strange choice, does he even play in midfield? I'll play along though and put up a squad similar to yours, but that won't cost more than 150€ million. Mainly I think you made good choices and took players that is possible.

G: Frey, Kalac + whoever. (If getting Viviano, then loan out)
Fullbacks: Oddo, Zambrotta (done deal), Jankulovski, De silverstri
CB: Nesta, Kaladze, Bonera, Zapata (I would choose him over Barzaglie due to pace)
Midfielders: Pirlo/Cigarini, Gattuso/Ambro and Seedorf/Gourcuff. to show who they replace or play instead off. I wouldn't mind keeping Brocchi for when more steel is needed or Ambro breaks down.
AM: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Di Gennaro (although I think one more year on loan for him would do good). In that case I would bring in Moralez or Marin.
Strikers: Pato, Inzaghi, Gila, Paloschi.

Di Gennaro and Paloschi seems like our golden boys, but I feel both would benefit more on a loan than with us. Seeing them leading us with Pato in the future would be awesome.

While Gila would improve on playing with another I would be on terms with agreeing he may need to be upgraded, but if we get Ronaldinho then we won't really need more forwards anyway. Just options. As for options I think another midfield option a la Seedorf wouldn't be to bad, but that all depends on whether we would have (and field) some like DiGe or Moralez, someone that can come on the field and give us new options. Quaresma would be nice too, but he is another €30M+ player.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 13:08   #5

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Seen Kompany play in part of Belgium Pol;and in midfield. He was awesome. As good as any defensive midfielder currently being touted. Bit more tactical work, and he'd be number one IMO.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 13:36   #6

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I definitely think it's time we consider a new keeper. I'm a fan of Dida, but really it's difficult to see him improving after this season (the pressure is just incredible). A new sub keeper would be nice, though I'm not really bothered to keep Kalac or recall Storari or someone. Frey would be nice, but I don't think we'll be able to get him, so Gomes is another I fancy.

Defence will need the most refreshing, with Maldini leaving and most probably Cafu and possibly Sergio, the fullback areas really need strengthing. One world class fullback is needed (Zambro looks to fit the bill) and another very good fullback would be great (as neither Oddo or Janku have been brilliant), possibly someone we can develop (De Silvestri looks very good). Central defence only really needs depth added, as personally I can see Kaladze replacing Maldini full time in the first team, though if an excellent defender is available I wouldn't hesitate (Lucio has been strongly rumoured). Marzoratti I'd leave out on loan for now, as if he returned he'd be 4th choice at best (Nesta, Kala and Bonera all ahead of him), which would slow his development.

In midfield we simply need a little bit of a refresh. We need a Pirlo backup and Cigarini looks our most promising bet after Banega's loss, who I'd say should replace Brocchi. I think Emerson should be kept as he hasn't done too badly when he has played this year, despite not being fully fit or sharp and I do believe he's a good backup. Then we need another attacking midfielder, preferably with some pace though this isn't essential. Who this is I think depends on Pato, because if Pato is really going to be the instant superstar we hope for, then there's no point in bringing someone like Ronaldinho, and instead we will be better off with a reliable squad player (i.e. what Rui Costa was after Kaka joined). Di Gennaro, like Marzoratti I feel should be left to develop elsewhere. A solid (if unspectacular) all round midfielder would be nice to add depth, in which regard maybe Brocchi is possibly worth keeping

In attack, it's really a case of who replaces Ronaldo for me. Personally, I want a target man, as I think that's something we're missing. Amauri seems a very good option.

For me, the squad will look something like this:

GK: Gomes, Kalac and someone else
Defenders:Zambro, Nesta, Oddo, Kaladze, Bonera, Jankulovski, Di Silvestri, Lucio, Digao
Midfielders: Pirlo, Rino, Seedorf, Ambro, Gourcuff, Kaka, Cigarini, Emerson, Brocchi, Ronaldinho or attacking midfielder for squad role (someone who can play on the wing)
Attackers: Gila, Pippo, Pato, Amauri

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 04-01-2008 at 13:39.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 16:56   #7

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Who does de Silvestri play for and how realistic a purchase is he? I take it he's a left-back?
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 18:02   #8

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Plays on the right side in Lazio.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 18:09   #9

LutherBlissett

BARRED
 
LutherBlissett's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
LutherBlissett is on a distinguished road
Buy Buffon, Barzagli, Zambrotta, De Rossi, and Giuseppe Rossi.

Sell Dida, Ronaldo, Cafu, Serginho, and Emerson.
LutherBlissett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 19:31   #10

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
Who does de Silvestri play for and how realistic a purchase is he? I take it he's a left-back?
last time i saw him play, he was mustard!

if you can see the highlights from the lazio game he was crucial in there build up play for the first goal.
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 19:35   #11

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Rosina would be one to go, there is no guarantee ronaldinho and kaka can play together. It didnt work at the last world cup. Rosina could sub kaka and seedorf, but also play wide as he has pace.


The amount of money barca would still want could be betterly spent.
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 19:57   #12

Pietro

Registered User
 
Pietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Fave Players: Pato, Pirlo, Gattuso, Nesta, Flamini
Pietro
my team

Starting 11 in bold

Goalkeepers:
Boruc, Kalac, Fiori

Defenders:Left Back: Zambrotta, Jankulovski, Right Back: Oddo,
De Silvestri, Centreback: Nesta,Kaldaze, Bonera, Zapata

Midfielders:Pirlo, Cigarini, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf
Gourcuff, Kaka, Rosina

Attackers: Strikers: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Forwards: Benzema, Pato

Boruc

Oddo Nesta Kaldaze Zambrotta

Pirlo

Gattuso Seedorf

Kaka

Gilardino Benzema
__________________
Forza Milan!!!

Last edited by Pietro; 04-01-2008 at 19:59.
Pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:58   #13

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony75
Seen Kompany play in part of Belgium Pol;and in midfield. He was awesome. As good as any defensive midfielder currently being touted. Bit more tactical work, and he'd be number one IMO.

Sounds like Desailly then. A CB in origin but moved into midfield. I know alot of teams try it, but not all CB's are adaptable to midfield roles. Maybe Kompany is the answer?
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:14   #14

Marco3

Registered User
 
Marco3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: London
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka
Marco3 is on a distinguished road
Good thread Tony.

I would like to see the following. Obviously only personal opinion.

Out
GK - Dida, Fiori.
Def - Cafu, Serginho, Favalli, Maldini (due to retirement wish he was 25 again)
possibly Simic as he is unhappy.
Mid - Brocchi,
Att - Ronaldo (if he really does want to leave)

In
GK - Frey, promote Offreidi
Def - Bring back Marzoratti, and acquire Behrami, Zambrotta, Zapata, Dessena
Mid - I would really like to see Montolivo join us or Cigrani as an understudy to Pirlo. With them and Gourcouff integrated into the team more, our midfield would be very strong whether it be first choice or subs.
Att - If Ronaldo were to leave I would like to see us go for a target man. Who fits the bill? For me it's only Eto'o or Drogba.

Therefore my squad for 2008/2009 season would be.

GK: Frey, Kalac, Offreidi
Def: Zambrotta, Oddo, Behrami, Jankulovski, Nesta, Kaladze, Bonera (have always liked him and think he can become a great defender), Zapata, Dessena.
Mid: Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Kaka, Ambrosini, Montolivo, Gourcouff, Cigrani, Di Gennaro
Att: Gilardino, Pato, Inzaghi (and a youngster Aubaymeng? to learn from him), Ronaldo/Drogba.

25 players which I think would lower our average age and show that we can sign good youngsters.
I am very thankful every players contribution to our recent success but unfortunately we do need to look to rejuvinate before we have to spend excessive amounts.
What better way for youngsters to learn then to play alongside such great players week in and week out in training.

Starting 11 would be

Frey, Zambrotta, Bonera, Nesta, Kaladze, Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini/Seedorf, Kaka, Pato, Gilardino (think he will flourish with a second striker like Pato next to him).
With these players we would be able to play a 4-3-1-2 or push Zambrotta forward and go to a 3-4-1-2 if required with ease.

Last edited by Marco3; 05-01-2008 at 07:19.
Marco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 13:48   #15

Kaku

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2006
Location: São Paulo - Brazil
Fave Players: Shev,Paolo,Gourcuff,Kaka
Kaku is on a distinguished road
What I would like to see from Milan in our 2008/2009 season:

Players Out:
GK - Dida,Kalac,Fiori
Def - Maldini , Serginho,Cafu,Favalli, Simic
Mid - Emerson and maybe Brocchi
Att - Ronaldo, loan Aubameyang

Players In
GK - Frey, Abbiati (back from loan), Offredi
Def - Zambrotta,Lucio/Zapata,De Silvestri,Marzoratti (back from loan)
Mid - Montolivo,Quaresma/Rosina,Cigarini
Att - Benzema and bring Pozzi back from loan

Imo it's much better than splashing loads of money on one player who's now quite injury prone :P

My team then would be

Frey,De Silvestri,Zambrotta,Lucio,Nesta,Pirlo,Gattuso,Montolivo/Quaresma/Rosina,Kaká,Pato,Benzema

With Abbiati,Marzoratti,Janku,Bonera,Kaladze,Zapata,Cigarini,Seedorf,Ambro,Gourcuff, Gila, Inzaghi and Pozzi ready to fill in.

Maybe I'm forgetting some people but that's a decent squad imo and much better than spending money on R10

Last edited by Kaku; 05-01-2008 at 13:50.
Kaku is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.