![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
Worst season ever?!?!?
I havent posted on here for ages, but I have been reading the posts all season long. Anyway I have just come to the realisation Man United won the champions league. By the way, I hate them as much as I hate Inter and love Milan. I cant explain it, I just hate them.
To top this off, we have sat back and watched Inter Milan land them selves right back on the footballing map and win two Seria A titles unchallenged. By us anyway!! What makes it worse, we didnt challenge for the champions league or even qualify for the damn thing!! Can it get worse, yeah of course. We have just watched our squad and even team rot from the spine up i.e. goalkeeping position. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Having said all this, I cant wait for the next season to start. Why>>Because it just cant possibly get worse, can it? Things to look forward to are young Pato who is just so vibrant and exciting he makes my mouth water. Flamini will add a little pace and work rate to our midfield, not to mention competition which isnt added by players on their way out like Emerson. Its so unfortunate to say, but we needed this for Galliani and Berlusconi to finally realise we need to revitalise the team. It was going to happen sooner or later. All I wish for now, is that Milan have learnt their lesson and take this oppertunity to win the Seria A back from the Merda and rebuild our decrepid squad. I just hope the people in charge of our team dont just buy a name like Ronaldhinio thinking it will solve all of our problems. We need a goalie, fullbacks and a centre back sooo bad it hurts. If we were just to add a ronnie into our team, we would be amazing on good days and wide open to counter attacks on the not so good days. Adding Vargas would benefit us more than Ronie at this time. Lets remember, when we were at our best!! When we had our fullbacks flying forwards and I remember Ancelotti saying we will be like a tactical Brazil type side. With two wing backs, Pirlo had so many more options for his heat seeking passes. Unfortuantely, the success of our team depends of the success of our board. Surely we cannot allow Juventus and even Fiorentina to out perform us in the mercato this year. Why is it that the Viola are searching for players like Vargas when we should be. Its arguabably the position we have suffered the most from this season. Players like Vargas, Zapatta, Hamsik, Santacroce remind me of the days when Seria A showed the world YOUNG players like Rui Costa, Thuram, Nedved, Nesta etc. Why sign players we dont need, when the ones we need are already playing in Seria A. Vargas could be the left back we never had, Zapatta our Thuram and Santacroce our new Nesta. All I can say is Thank the Heavens for Merda winning the title, for Roma actually putting up a fight against the enemy, for Juventus coming back to Seria A, for Fiorentina showing us what ambition and desire really is and for teams like Udinese and Napoli making the league a hard one. Surely, the board must match this with some intelligence and action this summer. Its only my opinion, but Seria A looks like it could improve again, but it needs the Rossonero to be the ROSSONERO again!!
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2008
![]() |
Yeah I watched the final too and the moment Terry missed the PK I just shut the TV. The last thing I wanted to see is Man U players jumping in front of the cameras.
Your complaint is valid but calling it a worst season is a little too much. In the recent history there have been seasons when we didn't win even a single trophy. No matter how insignificant they may be, we did win 2 trophies this year and have the highest trophy tally, internationally. I think our management has woken up. We have signed Flamini and have serious negotiations going on with Lloris & company already. So I guess we are on the right track. Also there are so many reasons to look forward to next season. The league will be stronger next year because ourself, Juve and Roma will become more powerfull and there is no shortage of middle level teams like Fiorentina, Samp, Napoli and Udine. Uefa Cup will be more exciting than UCL. Our team will have newer players. ETC. I think the negative emotions will wash away as we sign new players and start the new season later on. Just hang on for a few more weeks. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
![]() |
It's not the worst season ever after our conquering succes's in the early and mid 90 we went deeper than this. But we have to put a stop to it right now. As a said in previous posts we have a very solid backbone with some smart buys for short term succes AND without neglecting our future star players we should be able to be back on top next year. This second condition is something we didn't look at for way to long look at our transfers in the recent years while we practically had the oldest squad in the world the only young player that was milan quality immediately was Kaka. Pato could be the next one but since we had to do 6 months without him we can't call him a player that we could use immediately although we really needed him. Gila and Olivera were the others but they didn't live up to the expectations and that's just it. The only other players we got were over 30 or older with our ageing squad this was a mishap waiting to happen. So now management has a lot to do.
__________________
Forza Milan!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
Yeah, I hope we do change our transfer strategy. The fact that we are after a 31 year old Zambrotta doesnt excite me though. Being in the UEFA cup gives us an oppertunity to introduce a young vibrant player to the squad. We couldnt sign Zambrotta instead of Barca when he would have been useful. Are we really going to pay Barca some of their money towards a player like Alves. zambrotta at best can at best give us a year or two. Galliani needs to rethink everything. I hope he does.
The money we have wasted on fullbacks like Oddo, Favalli and Pancaro could surely have been topped up a little and gone towards a player like Alves or even Vargas. Fair point about the worst season, I was coming more from a pro milan, anti inter adn man united point of view.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually Last edited by K77SH C; 22-05-2008 at 02:16. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2007
Location: J-Town
Fave Players: Grande Capitano
![]() |
Quote:
) just want to give the comment about CL final last night no kidding. Terry will always be remaining as a captain for Chelski in a different way ^^ lol.. what a blunder by the captain (but again that was PK which is always unpredictable). i thought it was gonna be Chelski night. and i was just preparing probably Shevchenko will also kiss the trophy (well.. hurt but it's ok, man deserves one happiness too). all directions was pointed to Chelski with the way CR7 (ROFL for his PK ) failed to get the ball into the net i think Terry will be the hero. but.. oh well.. from hero wannabe to zero gonna be. hurt.. isn't it ? if the trophy must decided from the white spot (i curse the Istanbul night ) but to be truth Alex Ferguson's squad is more deserved than Avram's. and Salomon Kalou just completed the misery. lol at Roman's face from the bench after Terry failed. but it was a great goal from Lampard (which is useless since there's no trophy after that). and no kidding for Petr Cech's performance. absolutely the best GK now (well.. he is tightly competes with Buffon ). i want Cech more than before. but i knew he and Buffon will remain my sweet dream ever well done Sir Alex. 2-0 against Avram i guess. and i bet Mourinho laughed very loud and said: " that's why i'm telling you guys i am the special one" the only consolation for me last night is watched Cech performance and yeah.. CR7 penalty kkkkiiiccckkk (rooting his steps before kicked the ball) ![]() so if we back to topic again: i think i hate this season more. following what was Milan result after the end of Serie A then i saw Manure double titles and CL all english final.. wow what a season ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |||
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
![]() |
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
__________________
Forza Milan!
|
|||
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
I know what you mean about Zambrotta, he is reliable. but if we want to challenge on all fronts in the coming years we need the kind of mercato that brought us Rui Costa, Nesta and Inzaghi to a lesser degree. There is no doubt Zambrotta would help us challenge for the league this season, but I very much question his contribution after that. If now isnt the time for us to actually spend some money on the "Best" possible players for the positions we clearly need then I dont know when is.
Juventus got relegated and were force to sell Zambrotta at pretty much his peak. They somehow managed to hang on to Chiellini and otehr stars so it worked out well for them. Barca bought a world class defender and are now upgrading him to Alves when Zambrotta is about to enter a decline in terms of his career. Milan are the only footballing Giant seriously chasing him. Milan can carry on playing teams like Arsenal and make excuses of tiredness, but the truth is we have little running power apart from Kaka and Pato. Flamini will help with forward runs, but without energetic and dynamic fullbacks we will continue to get over run by teams like Arsenal and wont be able to penetrate the smaller sides in Seria A.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually Last edited by K77SH C; 22-05-2008 at 05:23. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
Nice to have you back K77. I definitely wouldn't call this season the worst ever, we've had much worse, even if this season was a pretty big disappointment.
We need acquisitions true, but I'm certain the issues are being dealt with. Galliani missed the moscow final to get on with the job, which the press are saying was possibly to meet Barca officials. Carlo has also made it clear that one of Eto'o, Drogba, Adebayor or Amauri will be signed, saying it with more confidence I've seen than before. Drogba is probably the best currently, but at 30 I feel the others are worth a look (especially Adebayor, who I think has incredible potential to match, if not surpass Drogba should he work on his finishing). Still, I continue to dream of Mario Gomez. Vargas would be a truly superb signing, but for some reason it seems we're not strongly after him (though don't rule it out, it's early and he's surely not gone unnoticed). Despite our fullback areas being a problem in the past two seasons, I think Bonera deserves a regular chance. He's been superb this season, and I can think of few names right now that are playing better. Guys like Hamsik I don't think are easy to acquire, if available at all. Napoli are building a massively strong team for the future, so will do their upmost to hang onto Hamsik, Santacroce, Lavezzi etc. Galliani has openly stated 7-8 players will be brought in. We have 1 confirmed in Flamini, I wouldn't be at all shocked to see our summer end like this: Lloris/Gomes/Frey/Abbiati, Zapata, Zambrotta, Vargas/Dossena, Flamini, Sammarco/Cigarini, Dinho, Adebayor/Drogba/Eto'o/Amauri. Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 22-05-2008 at 06:02. |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
![]() |
Thanks for the welcome back
I hope galliani is trying to bring us a good striker. Bonera has been good even though he worries me with his decision making at times and his rashness. At best, he can do a job at right back. Pirlo is at his best when he has the fullbacks pushing forward giving him options so he can spray the ball around. Its such a key position for us, I just think we need a player in the Cafu mould. Lloris, Zapata, Vargas and flamini would be a great summer for me. As for striker, a temporary option like Borrielo (Maybe deserves a chance), Paloschi or even dare I say it $heva. But ONLY and I mean ONLY if we can get a player like Benzema next season. Im not convinced we could pull a signing like that off this summer. But, it would benefit us massively to get someone under 25. Just imagine Pato and another youngish striker growing and learnign together. We would reap the benefits in the long term and Inzaghi would provide the experience.
__________________
Its SPEEDORF actually |
|
|
|