AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-2008, 19:41   #1

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Milan vs. Lazio - 21 Sept. @ San Siro: 3a. Giornata

Second game of the season at home... need 3 points urgently to get out of the LAST position in classifica...

Forza Milan!
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 20:41   #2

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Until Milan won this one, I do not believe that we are out of crisis... Zurich is just a weak team after all, though I'm very happy with the performance today.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 20:45   #3

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
I don't think Zurich is that weak... I think Lazio needs to be approached with caution though.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 20:47   #4

Vale46

Registered User
 
Vale46's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: ViVa La Fuga! (California)
Fave Players: Gattuso, Pirlo
Vale46 is on a distinguished road
I will keep my faith! Rossoneri!
Vale46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 21:38   #5

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Footnote: Christian Brocchi returns just two weeks after being transferred to Lazio.
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 21:42   #6

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
And I believe Lazio also has Pasquale Foggia, our former youth team player who can be quite a tricky customer.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 03:11   #7

SkyEdge

Registered User
 
SkyEdge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Clean&Green Singapore
Fave Players: Batistuta, Maradona, Shevchenko, Leonardo, Inzaghi
SkyEdge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT View Post
Footnote: Christian Brocchi returns just two weeks after being transferred to Lazio.
I hope he starts this game. Would love to see the Brockster in *action*. I think Lazio will learn the hard way why Milanistas are always displeased with him and the coach who always uses him.
__________________
Forza Ac Milan !
There are only 2 Great teams in Milan
Ac Milan & Ac Milan Reserves !
SkyEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 03:37   #8

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyEdge View Post
I hope he starts this game. Would love to see the Brockster in *action*. I think Lazio will learn the hard way why Milanistas are always displeased with him and the coach who always uses him.
I think he will, he did start last game for them and assisted Pandev for the second goal.

I honestly think that Pandev-Zarate-Mauri are too strong for our defense and goalie to keep clean sheet. Thats why its really important to take our chances. We could not afford another week display by our forwards.

its going to be hard for Carlo, Borriello,Pato,Sheva all played good last night.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 04:54   #9

Filipéz 182

Registered User
 
Filipéz 182's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Poppel City (belgium)
Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Positive selection problems for carlo for this game!

Ronaldinho was absolutely magic the first game against bologna, and looked good in his few minutes yesterday.
Kaka most unfit player up front, but could you really leave him out?
Borriello a decent 45mins against Genoa and a great goal against zurich, he also deserved a penalty. I would definetly start him!!
Pato wasnt that great yesterday, but his dribbles and unpredictability could be very usefull.
Shevchenko I'm not his biggest fan of his return, but he did play a good game yesterday, he doesnt look totally fit and is far away from his best but he had 2 assists yesterday and was unlucky not to score.

only 3 of them will play probably, at least from the beginning so 2 of them should be left out...


I would start with this team.

Abbiati

Zambrotta Bonera Kaladze Jankulovski

Max Flamini Seedorf

Kaka

Pato Borriello


We need to play with 2 strikers! and I prefer kaka over dinho at the moment, as he is our golden boy, but I would also give dinho 30-40 minutes.
Borriello needs to start this one, he looks in very good form! and he has power, not only physical but also scoring power.
Pato runs at the defenders and can give them a hard time, I would start him, but also shevchenko deserves some minutes.
Filipéz 182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 05:11   #10

pece4ever

Registered User
 
pece4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Macedonia, Skopje
Fave Players: SFRJ Reprezentativci
pece4ever is on a distinguished road
What about Senderos, whats the matter with him, are he still injured, if he isnt then he must start this game together with Kaladze who show some quality last nigt against Zurich, than we must continue to play with 2 DM players and 2 stikers.
So if Senderos is fit, then mu formation for sunday will be:

---------------------------Abbiatti----------------------------
Zambro--------Senderos----------------Kaladze----------Janku
-------------------Flamini---------Ambro----------------------
-----------Kaka--------------------------Roni-----------------
-------------------Sheva--------Pato-------------------------
__________________
Forza MILAN il club piu titolato nel MONDO e Forza VARDAR il club piu migliore nella MACEDONIA.

FOREVER
pece4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 05:20   #11

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
We were in better in places last night and it was a good step, but as Carlo says, there are many more steps forward that need to be taken. The win should have boosted morale & confidence and we can go into the Lazio game with more belief.

Lazio will obviously be our toughest game to date and as Koti mentioned, they'll have some dangerous players for us to contain. This would be the team i'd start:


--------------Abbiati-------------------

--Zambrotta--Bonera--Kaladze--Antonini--

----Flamini--Ambrosini--Jankulovski-----

--------------Kaka--------------------

---Pato/Shevchenko--Borriello---------


Some slight changes here. I've put Antonini in at left-back as i've moved Jankulovski into the left midfield spot to replace Seedorf. I believe Marek will cover more ground, be better defensively and will provide more/better crosses than the Dutchman. The downside is that he might be a little tired from yesterday's match and we would lose some of Clarence's creativity.

I moved Ambrosini to the middle & Flamini to the right midfield spot as i believe this will suit their abilities better. Flamini's energy and technique are better suited to a box-to-box position, instead of just staying deep and wasting his strong running. Ambrosini can just patrol in front of the back four and needn't take too many risks. We will always have Gattuso & Cardaccio for subs should we need more spark or more grit.

Up front Boriello has to start, as mentioned he's our most powerful forward and with Jankulovski, Zambrotta & Antonini there to supply crosses, he should have some ammo to get a goal or two. I'm split on the other starting spot, which out of Shevchenko & Pato would be best initially against the Lazio defence? Should we bring Pato on in the 2nd half to run at tired defenders? Would Shevchenko do more damage to start with? I think i'd start with the Ukranian, though i may change my mind later on

My bench:

Dida, Favalli, Darmian/Maldini, Gattuso, Cardaccio, Ronaldinho, Pato
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 05:24   #12

jovola

Registered User
 
jovola's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Fave Players: Pippo
jovola is on a distinguished road
I have no idea what will our boys serve next so this time no analysis just plain hope that we win
So many combinations open with this team so many ways to set it up i think Carlo is still trying to wrap the best formation around these great players
__________________
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."George Best"
jovola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 08:13   #13

jmacpherson

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2006
jmacpherson is on a distinguished road
I'd like to see Borriello/Pato start with R80 behind them.

Then bring Kaka and Sheva on at half-time. Or start Kaka and bring on R80 at half-time.

Sheva/Pato need to work on their understanding, which was clear from last night but that will take time.
Same could be said for Pato/Borriello so starting them together is a good move for many reasons
In the 2nd half Sheva/Borriello appeared to have a better understanding but probably comes down to age and/or goes back to when they were in the Milan squad a few seasons ago.

Carlo also needs to get all his attackers match fit without doing further injury, hence my 45min rotation suggestions.
jmacpherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 08:49   #14

kakacmilan best

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2008
kakacmilan best is on a distinguished road
This is not the time to try new things. This the time to win!!!
kakacmilan best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 11:14   #15

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
I have heard that from now on the training sessions in Milanello will be filmed and tapes will be watched afterwards by the coaches, and then it will all be seen: who is working for real and who is not. So the team will be choosen like that.

Its a serious step and the one I applaud to!

Channel4 says Boriello-Pato-Kaka' will start against Lazio, and that is also a good sign. Dinho and Sheva are not ready and should not play untill they can really play professional football at high level. using Dinho and Sheva is smaller ammounts is better then using them like in the first two ronuds.

Abbiatti-zambrotta-kaladze-maldini-marek-flamini-ambrosini-seedorf-kaka'-pato-boriello

Most likely our lineup. Im looking forward to seeing Ka'-Pa-Ro soon, and Senderos-Nesta as well.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
lazio


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:55.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.