AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-10-2008, 18:41   #1

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Milan - Napoli

First place Napoli with 19 points takes third place Milan with 18. Last year when Milan were just about to rise and as we just got hold of our 4th CL spot, we came to a Napoli team hoping to beat them but only to get totally thrashed. Now it is different, Milan isn't the same troubled team as last year and this is a top-of-the-table clash. Going to be an absolute spectacle to watch. Napoli are definitely my second favourite team in Europe, I admire them for what they are doing. Also it's nice to note that Alex Pato's debut was against Napoli at the San Siro last year.

Game will be on a Sunday night. Nesta, Kaladze, Senderos, Ronaldinho, Jankulovski will all be ready for the next one. I would play Kaka-Pato-Boriello for the Napoli game just because those three are the most in-form players but then there is our own Maradona in Pippo Inzaghi who could score any second. Zambrotta, Emerson and Gattuso are three other players who are having series of good games.


Alee Alleee Alle Milan Alleeee...Forza lottaaa.. vinceraii non ti lasceremo mai!

hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 19:25   #2

mrdeeds

Registered User
 
mrdeeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Panamá
Fave Players: Kaka',Shevchenko,Tomasson
mrdeeds is on a distinguished road
Forza Milan.
We can beat them!
__________________
May the Force be with You A.C Milan

http://img284.echo.cx/img284/831/pikadeeds1mj.gif
mrdeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 19:52   #3

remote2book

Registered User
 
remote2book's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
wow guys what a game this will be...this is a crucial game because winning this would mean us overtaking napoli...we beat them pretty bad on pato's debut and than they trashed us when we needed the game to clinch 4th place..hopefully we come through i think this is our year and this will be THE match of the weekend in whole of europe imo!!
__________________
"It is the team of my heart and colors of my soul"---Cesare Maldini Forza Milan for life

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 20:10   #4

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Udinese 20
Napoli 20
Milan 19
Inter Milan 18

Udinese - Genoa
Milan - Napoli

we must win to keep up, i know the race is between us and inter and maybe Juventus but we still need to get the maximum points before the last 5 matches.
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2008, 20:38   #5

mrdeeds

Registered User
 
mrdeeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Panamá
Fave Players: Kaka',Shevchenko,Tomasson
mrdeeds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese View Post
we must win to keep up, i know the race is between us and inter and maybe Juventus but we still need to get the maximum points before the last 5 matches.
Mm..Napoli, Udinense?
We said the same last year of Fiorentina, and now we're playing the uefa cup.
__________________
May the Force be with You A.C Milan

http://img284.echo.cx/img284/831/pikadeeds1mj.gif
mrdeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 04:07   #6

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
This is actually one of those games that I highlighted long ago as a MUST SEE game.

Milan Vs Future Milan players=Maggio, Sanatacroce, and Hamsik. hahahahaa

Well, Napoli is a tough team to beat at home, while Milan is just in great form.

On top of that, Napoli will play attacking football against us instead of sitting in the box, which is what we prefer.

I think the battle will come down to how well Maggio will do against Janku, and Gattuso man marking Hamsik.

Most importantly, Borreillo Vs. Santacroce.

I have a feeling Pato will score in this game and so will Borreillo.

It will not be a shut out but at the end Milan will win 3-1.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 04:26   #7

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeeds View Post
Mm..Napoli, Udinense?
We said the same last year of Fiorentina, and now we're playing the uefa cup.
and honestly am glad we ended up in uefa cup because, if we managed to be in UCL only god will make Galliani spend a penny
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 13:10   #8

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Dennis, Lavezzi, Hamsik, P.Cannavaro, Maggio, Gargano, Santacroce, blasi... Napoli have a great team now and they play hardm fast and technical football. They will not come to defend in San Siro and I really hope we will pair up Nesta-Maldini once more and play Flamini/or even emeros and not Ambrosini, due to technique.

But, I have seen Napoli-Reggina and Santacroce was off injured, linped off the pitch. There are still no news, but it would be good for us if he doesnt play.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 15:20   #9

boring

Registered User
 
boring's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: India
Fave Players: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta, Nesta, Maldini
boring is on a distinguished road
Ohh I have a bad feeling about Santacroce and Hamsik.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
boring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 15:35   #10

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
hamsik will be closed down by Rinho, he wont have much of an impact in the game. Lavezzi can be tricky on the other hand.

Pato is the Key in this game, Santacroce will have his hand full with Borriello, and Maggio is more of an offensive full back so Pato will have plenty of space in the left. I also think that Kaka will struggle with Gargano who by the way can be pain in the ass, Kaka always seem to have problem when is man-marked(remember Mascherano and Cambiaso).

So one of Pato or Dinho whoever plays should make the difference, and I think Pato this time should be more lethal due to his speed.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 15:39   #11

kakacmilan best

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2008
kakacmilan best is on a distinguished road
Is Santacroce going to play???
He had injured last game.
kakacmilan best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 17:16   #12

Besfort

Registered User
 
Besfort's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Location: Peja, Kosova
Fave Players: Kaka' , Maldini, Joaquin, Vicente, Nesta, Bonera.
Besfort is on a distinguished road
Napoli is at home against us.

Anyways, their success this season doesn't scare me at all. We have a better squad and we can beat them. Let's hope our players won't lose the motivation and continue with the unbeaten streak and maybe reach the top place.
It feels so good to watch Milan shine again in Serie A and see them at the top of the table... just like the old days.
Let's kick some ass!!

FORZA !!!
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 18:20   #13

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Besfort, we are at home on Sunday.

Back to the game, as was mentioned here earlier, Napoli will leave space behind their midfielder. Space that Gargano alone won't be able to cover but I'm sure they'll be smart about it. In any case we need to exploit the chances given to us, and there will be plenty of them unless this match turns unlikely boring. I think we can beat Napoli in our best form, but I don't think we are in top form yet. We have seen flashes here and there from this team, but all in all we are far from top gear. It's nice to know that we are winning matches while not in top shape however and that's a sign of a chamionship winning team.

Napoli on the other hand, I think are playing close to their full potential at this moment. They are playing fast pace football with quick movement of the ball. Hamsik and Lavezzi are exceling in all levels again this year and players like Maggio, Santacroce, Blasi, Gargano and now Denis as well are doing exactly what they need to, to ensure that this Napoli team will be fighting for the CL if they can keep it up untill the new year.

As I said, right now Napoli is playing great football, and we are not quite there yet. So this one promises to be a high profile game and one of the most interesting across Europe this weekend. I have seen more people interested in Milan-Napoli then Juve-Roma.

I would play with
Abbiati, Janku, Maldini, Bonera(if Nesta can't go), Zambrotta, Seedorf, Emerson, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Boriello

I guess one of the doubts is Ambrosini for Emerson. But Emerson has been very good in the past 3 games and I think he deserves this start. He has also proven that in Pirlo's and Seedorf absence he can take care of the ball well. I know that Seedorf is back in the side now, but I don't think that should be a reason to kick Emerson out. I think with Emerson, Gattuso, Seedorf in the middle we can keep good possesion while also neutralizing their midfield. However I wouldn't complain if I see Ambro in the starting line up as I think that that's what Carlo is going to do anyway.

The other doubt is the front two. Kaka should start regardless of anything. The question is between Inzaghi, Boriello, Pato and 'Dinho.
-This might be the perfect game for Dinho as when he receives a ball, he won't see a wall of players ahead of him for a change. There is going to be some space for him to use and that might prove cruscial.
-Inzaghi seems to be scoring even if he is playing with one leg. So that's where the argument stops for him.
-As for Pato....he is just comming of a great game with Siena and a good showing with Atalanta where he helped out with the goal after just comming into the game. I am sure these games have put some confidence back into him and we can really use his speed against Napoli where there is going to be plenty of room behind the midfielders for him to run at the back four and make a chaos pretty much like he did in the second half against Siena.
-Boriello is the one of the four that I would definately start simply because I think his characteristics and the way he has grown to use them in the past year or so make this guy a very very important piece of the puzzle. I'm also impressed at the way he works for the team and tracks back.

Looking at this, my choice would be Pato-Boriello. But we have to wait untill Sunday to see what Carlo thinks.

My prediction, I think we'll win.......but we are definately going to concede.


Sorry for the long post. Just bored today so I thought I would write up a little preview.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 20:46   #14

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
nice one nefremo especially this one "This might be the perfect game for Dinho as when he receives a ball, he won't see a wall of players ahead of him for a change. There is going to be some space for him to use and that might prove cruscial"

the only question is : will he sacrifice himself by running with great pace through napoli defenders which i doubt ?
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 23:02   #15

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachtot View Post
nice one nefremo especially this one "This might be the perfect game for Dinho as when he receives a ball, he won't see a wall of players ahead of him for a change. There is going to be some space for him to use and that might prove cruscial"

the only question is : will he sacrifice himself by running with great pace through napoli defenders which i doubt ?

agreed, last year at home we debut ka-pa-ro.... lots of pace on there defense, worked wonders.... If ronnie can run, we'l be fine, otherwise xmas tree will be rendered useless. I'd start pato/borriello w/ kaka behind. Or push ronnie to an advanced striker role. He still has world class touch and eye for goal, although i doubt if hes physicall there

or 4-2-3-1....... pato, kaka, ronnie behind bori w/ flamini and gattuso behind them, skip over there midfield
__________________

Last edited by Milano84; 30-10-2008 at 23:11.
Milano84 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:38.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.