AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think?
For Carlo 5 22.73%
Against Carlo/xmas tree 17 77.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-12-2008, 10:20   #1

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
I need to know?

What are the rest of you thinking about our coach?

Should he stay or should he go? Im no futbol expert so i dont know about great coaches, but i would like the people on this board to put there ideas about who is avaliable for a coaching position.
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 11:02   #2

boring

Registered User
 
boring's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: India
Fave Players: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta, Nesta, Maldini
boring is on a distinguished road
Frank Rijkaard.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
boring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 15:08   #3

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
I'd wait to the end of the season and see if any "better" coaches than Rijkaard are available

otherwise, if he is to be sacked earlier, i sure will give Leonardo or Tassotti a try

but considering that Galliani has said that Carlo will stay for long... well
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 15:41   #4

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
There are positive things to be said about Carlo but nevertheless I think his time with us is up. IMO, in general, off season changes are better for stability.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 17:51   #5

matrixpb64

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2008
Location: NJ
Fave Players: Kaka', Pirlo, Gattuso
matrixpb64 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boring View Post
Frank Rijkaard.
Ive been saying this for a while now.
matrixpb64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 19:34   #6

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Team Nat From To Record
Games Win Lose Draw Win %
Reggiana 1995 1996
Parma 1996 1999
Juventus 1999 2001 114 63 33 18 55.26
A.C. Milan 6 November 2001 Present 385 221 74 90 57.4%



And this is Rijkaards

Team Nat From To Record
G W L D Win %
Barcelona July 2003 May 2008 209 128 38 43 61.24%
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 22:34   #7

jvig12183

Registered User
 
jvig12183's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Fave Players: kaka, maldini, van basten, nesta
jvig12183 is on a distinguished road
Personally I would love to have Van Basten coach. He is a guy who is not afraid to bench old players who think they are owed a spot in the starting XI for younger players who work harder and deserve a spot. Plus he plays a style that I think would suit this team but he just started with Ajax and I dont see him moving anytime soon. I would also wouldn't mind seeing Rijkaard become the coach but I'm worried he still has problems with Ronaldinho. Either one is better than Carlo (who should have been sacked at the end of last year).
__________________
FORZA ROSSONERI
jvig12183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 12:53   #8

Karim

Registered User
 
Karim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Fave Players: J.Zanetti, Kaka, Adriano, Recoba, Alex, Ronaldinho
Karim is on a distinguished road
Poor poor Milanisti

Anyways, I have given my input on the subject of the X-mas tree for many many times now.

What I want to clarify is that you had no choice but to use it against a team that is more active than Juve, in the Juve game you needed to attack and play with 2 attackers not one in order to tire the defenses of Juve, Chellini and Melberg can easily handle one, the names in the first 11 were not correct at all.

You needed to play with Pato and Sheva, two guys who run a lot and can cause trouble being supported on the flanks by Ronaldinho. Seedorf would be in check to cover for Kaka's attacking midfield role, behind him would be Ambrossini and Pirlo. The back four as is because you had no choice at the time. May be Ancelloti wanted to have an ace up his sleeve I don't know. I had a Milanista tell me that he would have even opted to play with a trident using Pippo with Pato and Sheva but that's too far fetched.

Juve were clearly better and younger, but I guess Ambro and even Antonini could have dealt with Marchisio and play along with Sissoko. De Cegli was the one whom everyone was gonna have problems with, he was just too fast and silky that day.
__________________
Treble Winner

FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 13:05   #9

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I honestly think that the midfield was not even fit to deal with any team, let alone Juve. I agree we should have played 4-3-1-2 but I'm not sure if sheva should start ahead of Pippo.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 13:50   #10

boring

Registered User
 
boring's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2008
Location: India
Fave Players: Kaka, Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Iniesta, Nesta, Maldini
boring is on a distinguished road
Lets not start the problems with this team and the Juve debacle in this thread.

jvig12183 ... I'm not sure about Van Basten. I haven't seen Ajax.. just a few times this season. They're better this year than what they've been in the past few seasons. Coming second right now I think. But Eridivisie has become pathetic after the days of Seedorf and Davids so I'm not entirely convinced about his skills as a manager although I would love to see him back. Or Rijkaard for that matter. I hope we get either of these two next season.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
boring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 16:36   #11

jvig12183

Registered User
 
jvig12183's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Fave Players: kaka, maldini, van basten, nesta
jvig12183 is on a distinguished road
I have seen very little of Ajax this season also but they are winning right now and, as you said, currently in second. I also agree that the Eridivisie has become a pretty poor league. I thought Van Basten coached well in Euro, especially in the group stage, where Italy (unfortunately) and France (very happily) were embarrassed by the Dutch.
__________________
FORZA ROSSONERI
jvig12183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 05:33   #12

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Eredivisie isn't as competitive as serie-A or few other major leagues. But Ajax has been doing poorly for more than 3 seasons now. So far Marco has been performing fairly good. They're still on the second place. Let's see how Marco handle Ajax after Huntelaar's departure
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 06:37   #13

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Eredivisie isn't as competitive as serie-A or few other major leagues. But Ajax has been doing poorly for more than 3 seasons now. So far Marco has been performing fairly good. They're still on the second place. Let's see how Marco handle Ajax after Huntelaar's departure
That's true. We can't only look at what Basten does with Ajax (Ajax must win the championship so that Basten is a good coch for Milan) but also have to look at what Ajax have been in the last couple of years.

Actually, in my opinion, what Basten did with national team is already enough for him to 'apply' the job as Milan's coach. He did well with Dutch NT, a NT which is worse than Rijkaard or other coach before had (regarding the quality of the players).
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 13:36   #14

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
Poor poor Milanisti

Anyways, I have given my input on the subject of the X-mas tree for many many times now.

What I want to clarify is that you had no choice but to use it against a team that is more active than Juve, in the Juve game you needed to attack and play with 2 attackers not one in order to tire the defenses of Juve, Chellini and Melberg can easily handle one, the names in the first 11 were not correct at all.

You needed to play with Pato and Sheva, two guys who run a lot and can cause trouble being supported on the flanks by Ronaldinho. Seedorf would be in check to cover for Kaka's attacking midfield role, behind him would be Ambrossini and Pirlo. The back four as is because you had no choice at the time. May be Ancelloti wanted to have an ace up his sleeve I don't know. I had a Milanista tell me that he would have even opted to play with a trident using Pippo with Pato and Sheva but that's too far fetched.

Juve were clearly better and younger, but I guess Ambro and even Antonini could have dealt with Marchisio and play along with Sissoko. De Cegli was the one whom everyone was gonna have problems with, he was just too fast and silky that day.
You are proud of your team right? Tell me do you think you guys will the CL?


Enjoy the moment because you wont be around when they go through the cold spell again... I hate Man U but i will defi. route for them.
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 03:19   #15

MLM

Registered User
 
MLM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Location: J-Town
Fave Players: Grande Capitano
MLM is on a distinguished road
I think Carlo needs a new challenge. Be that coaching another team (I hope not specially in Serie A I cant stand with the thought that I will look at him at other bench arrange other team and hoping a defeat for Milan.. remind me of old memory when I have to see him using Bianconero's jacket and I was thinking .. darn I hate this man style ^^ ) or coaching national team. I prefer the second one. But with Lippi has that job I think we will postpone to have Carlo's resign letter.With Berlusconi busy with prime minister things I think we will still have him until the end of the season. Milan needs new team, new coach and specially new ideas about buliding new power to compete in Serie A. Lately our shoping lists has became jokes everywhere for our rivals and their fans. They were pretty much laughing when we bought R80 (thanks God he is proving that he can be more useful than what they'd been thinking), Senderos (my Arsenal's buddy laughing when we bought him and I had to asked him why then he said Senderos was true Arsenal's best defender that season, but he had injured after that and that injury kind of always disturb him and still have no cure for that and suddenly AC. Milan interested to buy him and voila.. here we are having him to have his treatments in the last few weeks since his arrival ^^), Flamini (actually was the best mercato that we had but we still havent getting Flamini like the way he played for Gunners), Boriello (I missed those Genoa's days imagine what is his feeling, trying to prove his name at bigger team like AC.Milan but realy those Genoa's days is surely missing .... ), and now here we are have another superstar to be laughing for our rivals.. David Beckham I dont know what is in the head of Uncle Fester and co but if money is the main reason I think still silly to have Beckham on the squad even for free salary ^^ But who knows ...

Back on the topic, I choose someone to replace Ancelotti if he has to leave and that would be another person who is familiar with Milan's traditions and tactics.. should be between San Marco (if he decides to end his good days at Ajax) or jobless Rijkaard should be perfect ^^ Barca had glory days and beautiful games on his hand between 2004-2006 after that he needs a new challenge too like Ancelotti and who knows that challenge would be in our squad.. Amen
__________________
Milan Forever
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:19.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.