AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-04-2009, 21:09   #1

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Nelson Dida thread

So, I have assiduously criticized Dida in the past, but I am willing to expiate those harsh words.

He has been great the last three games, making some very good saves (the one from Bianchi springs to mind).

So, we have to give the man his praise because most of us have been guilty of unduly insulting him in the past (even if he managed to make himself the object of derision).

Good luck Dida!
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 02:58   #2

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Truth be told, he has had some undue criticism here, and deserves credit for his performances of late (and generally this season). He's been awful in the last few years, but credit for recent games.

Still, he's not worth the amount he's paid imo.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 08:30   #3

Christian

Registered User
 
Christian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Denmark
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Dida has always been criticized, even when he was at the top of his form. I think alot of people didn't forgive the Leeds game, and it seems to have stuck with him. Particularly the English media seems to single him out as a bad keeper at any given oppertunity, which is funny, considering they're the one's praising keepers like Reina, Van Der Sar and Petr Cech, who all seem to make howlers on a regular basis. Made me laugh watching Chelsea - Liverpool with an english commentator calling Cech and Reina the two best goalkeepers in the world.

He does seem lost, as someone here put it, at times. Like the goal Torino scored last week, what was he doing?? It's these weird moments that give him a bad rep, but to his credit, he can pull out saves like no other... He can really make some insane saves, and people don't seem to credit him with that.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 09:10   #4

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
ya I think he made a mistake with coming out against Torino but the defenders (e.g., Beckham) should have done a better job than just watching.

Regardless, hei s more than fine as our first-choice keepr now as he is overlal making some good saves.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 14:57   #5

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Nice to see the pezzo di merda press blaming him on cue for yesterday's loss, and, as you may have guessed, I'm fairly angry about that.

It's like 2007 all over again.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 16:07   #6

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
Nice to see the pezzo di merda press blaming him on cue for yesterday's loss, and, as you may have guessed, I'm fairly angry about that.

It's like 2007 all over again.
To be honest, I don't think many goalies would have saved those two bullets. Dida is an easy target. The Italian press are very unforgiving to misbehaving foreigners. At least he tries his best, and he made some good saves recently. He's not like Seedorf, who decides to start walking in the middle of a game!

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 25-05-2009 at 16:10.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 03:00   #7

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
he might could have done better in the third goal, but over all he was very good despite the 3 goals, its only because Italian press love to bash him, well I would love to see what would abbiati do if he was our keeper and what would the Italian press say if he conceded the same 3 goals.
hany.Egypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 06:55   #8

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
The problem of Dida isn't his mistakes but what he did against Celtic ... I think he lost a lot of credibility. Even on French TV, the commentators said live he was bad on two of the goals whereas they rarely criticize.

Anyway, we have to thank him to be there at a decent level especially after these 2-3 difficult years for him (it's not easy to be psychologically ready like he has done), but I still hope next year we will have Abbiati + a young GK (less than 25).
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 07:17   #9

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I don't want to criticise him too much, but I do think he did make mistakes on the two freekicks. On the first I don't think the wall was set up properly as the was a gap covering the angle which Riise shot into, and given how central the freekick was, I would have thought that gap needs to be covered. However, credit must be given to Riise for striking the ball so brilliantly.

Totti's goal was more clear. Dida simply moved too far away from the area he was meant to be covering and that shot should have never gotten through him.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 00:08   #10

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
True. His positioning was questionable for the Totti goal. He set up the wall to guard his right side....yet again just before Totti begun his run-up Dida moved to the right. Very questionable decision as it looked like Dida took a guess that Totti will try to hit it over the wall instead of making sure that the left side stayed covered by himself.

I don't blame him for the defeat however and I think he did well. He's done great for us in the last few weeks ever since Abbiati has been injured and I do think that the media is being too critical of him.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 03:17   #11

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
No you're right Dida's not to blame for the last few weeks, he's been one of the more positive aspects of the team.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 07:24   #12

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I think he should be held responsible for the third one; I honestly think he could have done better.

But having said, I think our defense (Favalli + Maldini combo) is, tbh, a lot worse.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 08:10   #13

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Well, I just watched the replay of the match. Frankly, I think Pirlo are responsible for all three goals. The reason I said that is b/c if Gattuso or Flamini or even Ambrosini was playing in the CDM position, those three goals would not have happen as they will be under pressure from the start.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 09:54   #14

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Well, I just watched the replay of the match. Frankly, I think Pirlo are responsible for all three goals. The reason I said that is b/c if Gattuso or Flamini or even Ambrosini was playing in the CDM position, those three goals would not have happen as they will be under pressure from the start.
I would have to see the goals again to see whether or not Pirlo was at fault. However, Pirlo shouldn't be doing the role of Rino, Ambro or Flamini, as he's not a ballwinner. Not that Pirlo deserves defending, as in the last two matches he's been awful on the whole.

Speaking of the freekicks, I wonder why we didn't have anyone charging down. This has been standard in our freekick defending for years and could have potentially stopped both freekicks.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 22:04   #15

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I think he should be held responsible for the third one; I honestly think he could have done better. But having said, I think our defense (Favalli + Maldini combo) is, tbh, a lot worse.
I do concur with (on?) that. The wall setup was pretty suspect to begin with, leaving that wide open gap, through which Totti swished the ball easily.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.