![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
Bologna - AC Milan (07/02/10 at 15:00)
Day 23 !!
Our 22nd game of the season of Serie A will be against Bologna where we will have to take the 3 points, our team needs to start a new "run" of wins, if possible comfortable wins, to arrive confident against Manchester. 1st - Inter (49 pts) -1 2nd - Milan (41 pts) -1 3rd - Roma (41 pts) 4th - Napoli (38 pts) 5th - Juventus (34 pts) 6th - Palermo (34 pts) 7th - Sampdoria (33 pts) 8th - Cagliari (32 pts) -1 9th - Bari (32 pts) 10th - Genoa (32 pts) 11th - Fiorentina (31 pts) -1 Saturday - 18:00 Palermo (6th) - Parma (13th) Saturday - 20:45 Livorno (16th) - Juventus (5th) Sunday - 15:00 Siena (20th) - Sampdoria (7th) Genoa (10th) - Chievo (12th) Udinese (17th) - Napoli (4th) Bologna (14th) - Milan (2nd) Inter (1st) - Cagliari (8th) Sunday - 20:45 Fiorentina (11th) - Roma (3rd) - Like I said, nothing will be acceptable but a win for us ... - We can hope that Cagliari takes at least 1 point against Inter (MVB will explain you why on the chat !!). - Udinese need to wake up ... - A kind of last decisive chance for Fiorentina to get back in the race for Europe ... - I don't know why, but I feel that Livorno will draw or beat this Juventus side. I read somewhere that Zaccheroni wants to use 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with them, but they don't have the right players to do so I think (Cannavaro isn't as good as before, Chiellini si error-prone nowadays and by playing this way, he will have more 1 on 1 situations to play). On a side note, don't forget that our following Serie A game against Udinese will be played on Friday (12/02/10) !! |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
Geo: I agree Cagliari are capable of taking points off Inter but Inter also travel to Sao Paolo to play Napoli and they have always lost their since they came back to Serie A.
and you say its Fiorentina last chance to get into the European spots... well I don't agree with you...they are 11th spot, but if they win their game in hand they will be in 5th spot, 1 point off Napoli |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
Quote:
And as I can't imagine anything else but a win from Milan against Fiorentina, it's why for me, it's their last chance ... ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2009
Location: Dubai
Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
![]() |
to be honest i think we are back to where we were at the begining of the season where a match against Bologna suddenly needs more calculations (i find myself checking their latest form, drawing with Atalanta, beating Bari, and drawing with Chievo...not bad). at one point i was no longer worried to play the "smaller" teams but with our latest form, especially drawing at home with Livorno, i'm not so sure we will get the win we desperately need.
With Pato still out, Mancini's arrival could well be the catalyst for new enthusiasm and belief in the squad and i sure hope he can deliver. Also Nesta is back in so that's a huge relief and will also help offensively by letting players go forward more freely having confidence in the backline...we missed Thiago making his forward runs too ![]() Last edited by LebRN; 03-02-2010 at 08:17. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
![]() |
I hope Huntelaar will start this one. It's a shame with all creative players we have that we don't have some good goalscorer to finish chances... But, Huntelaar at least gets into chances, unlike Borriello...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2008
![]() |
I agree, I want to see Huntelaar.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
![]() |
It's funny that people often say the opposite, that Huntelaar doesn't get himself into good positions but that Borriello does. One thing is certain though, that Huntelaar deserves more than just 10-15 minutes at the end of the game...because there isn't much he can do in that time.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
![]() |
Quote:
But, at least he's getting into chances, as I already said, and that, along with Beckham's presence, underlines our problems with strikers. The same thing is happening as last season, in fact since Shevchenko left. We have a creating force, but no goalscoring force. Pato is great supporting striker, I must say, but he's too weak to be a penalty-box striker these days, and yet he has to learn a lot, he's just 19. It's too much to ask of him to finish all of our attacking movements by himself. He's great as support, but we need a REAL goalscorer, and I'm afraid that Borriello is not it, so we must try Huntelaar. Our midfield can feed a good striker with at least 4 or 5 clear chances against a team like Livorno, and I'm sure that sharp Huntelaar would score at least two of them. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
![]() |
Huntelaar moves better then Marco on crosses and through passes, but he is not sharp right now. Everyone who played something knows the feeling.
I'd play: --------------------Abbiatti-------------- -Zambro-----Nesta?-----Thiago--Antonini------ -------------Beckham----Ambrosini------ --------------------Pirlo-------- -------Mancini------------Dinho-------- --------------------Hunter------------ If all the people I choose are ok nad fit.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
![]() |
mrki for the first time i can remember im going to agree with your negative ass. I love this line up for the game. New, diffrent, but would work in my opinion
__________________
ROBINHO TIME |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2009
Location: Dubai
Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
![]() |
yeah
should be really interesting to see Zambrotta/Abate, Beckham, & Mancini all on one flank ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
I think Pirlo is still out for this match. Also I hope Flamini starts, he was excellent before being taken off against Livorno.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
Just wondering, if Fiorentina ends up outside of CL competitions but manages to win the CL and lets say Napoli finishes at number 4 in the league. Does that mean Napoli will not be playing CL or Fiorentina will not be playing CL?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
![]() |
Quote:
Belive gabriel..if fiorentina win it...they would not have much problems with the issue of not participating next year ![]()
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
![]() |
You mean they WILL be playing right? I thought the winner would qualify at the expense of the fourth place team so that they would have a chance to defend their title.
|
|
|
|