Poll: Who should be our new coach?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Filippo Inzaghi
10.00%
1 10.00%
Clarence Seedoorf
40.00%
4 40.00%
Mauro Tassotti
0%
0 0%
Reza just had to mention Bielsa Big Grin
20.00%
2 20.00%
Other
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Our new headcoach
Dev, Maldini is not as tactful as Seedorf. There's no way he'll work for Milan if Galliani is still around.
per l'amaro e il dolce
I've watched a couple of training videos with coachdorff, my worry is that in his mind and heart he is still a player that wants to actually play.

I truly hope I'm wrong but my gut feeling is saying we will play a freestyle , with kaka or Honda giving some nice passes or shots.

I hope I'm wrong and we will truly see when we play the stronger teams.
Urby Emanuelson has confirmed Jaap Stam “will arrive” in Clarence Seedorf’s Milan staff, while Edgar Davids “maybe next season.”
http://www.football-italia.net/44070/sta...ilan-staff

Seedorf made his debut on the bench in this evening’s 1-0 victory over Hellas Verona, but it’s rumoured a Dutch revolution is on its way behind the scenes.

Former Ajax full-back Emanuelson confessed to journalists after the game that there is truth in the reports.

“Stam will arrive, I don’t know about the others. Davids? Maybe next season.”

This week Davids resigned as player-manager of Barnet FC and was spotted in the stands at San Siro for tonight’s Serie A match.
Urby didn't say when Stam will arrive though, did he? Also, I kind of hope that Davids can have a second chance with Milan. I feel that he was extremely unlucky when he played for us, but I really liked him a great deal.

If I remember correctly, he only scored one goal for us, and it was in the CL group stage against Porto.

aka xudong
Quote:Seedorf: "After that match, we formed a circle all together in the locker room. We'll do it after every match; win, draw or loss."

Seedorf: "I congratulated the players. They deserve more points than they have gotten so far."

Seedorf: "I dedicate this victory to all the Milan fans." #MilanVerona #SerieA #ForzaSeedorf

Seedorf: "I received a wonderful letter from Van Gaal who helped construct the management course for me, so I'm learning fast."

Seedorf: "President Berlusconi and Galliani showed courage to hire me as coach, just like they did with Sacchi and Capello in the past."

Seedorf: "If Edgar Davids will become a part of my staff? I don't think that this is the right moment to talk about it." @esdavids

Seedorf: "We didn't manage to maintain the high tempo for all 90 minutes, but we will have time to improve."

Seedorf: "I've read about many names being linked with me, but there's nothing going on now. I'm happy to work with the great Tassotti."

Seedorf: "I was very excited before the match. It's great to come back home and be in a place where I have had many great moments."

Seedorf: "I haven't spoken with Allegri. I immediately started working with Tassotti because it's pointless to look at the past."

Seedorf: "The decision to huddle up after the match was also an idea by the players in order to do something new. It will become a habit."

Seedorf: "The entire team has to be positioned higher up on the pitch in order to allow our offensive players to create scoring chances."

Seedorf: "Edgar Davids? There's no chance of him becoming a part of my staff. I've never thought about such a thing."

Seedorf: "If I've spoken with president Berlusconi? Not yet, but he called Galliani after the game. I will talk with him tomorrow."

Seedorf: "I tried to talk a lot to the players to find out where their heads and hearts were during the game. The human aspect is important"

Seedorf: "We tried to recover the ball immediately after losing it with a high defensive line, and it worked well in the first half."

Seedorf: "I took Honda off because he's still not in top condition."

Seedorf: "The transfer market? I have to evaluate who I have at my disposal. If we need a player then we will see what to do about it."

credit: albmovi

============

Also a thought: should we merge this thread with the Seedorf one? After all, Seedorf is now our new head coach. Smile
aka xudong
Interesting article about Seedorf's ideas:

http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/meto...tti-134253

I agree with Xu, we can probably merge this with the existing Seedorf thread now.
Here are Seedorfs tactics in action for those too lazy to translate/read: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZhEAF2WlmI#t=256
Haha that's actually a fun warm up exercise! I'd love to do that!
Seedorf wants the players to "enjoy the football" again. I suppose that must be one of his ways. Smile
aka xudong
Just a quick note, Tassotti, in the pre-game conference, has said "We’ll continue with the 4-2-3-1 formation and will do so until the end of the season. It’s a development on the 4-4-2 formation". This excites me, as those who read my posts about how I want us to defend know I like 4-4-2 and even with 4-2-3-1 I've always wanted the wingers to pull into midfield when defending (or the midfielders to push up on the same line as we saw vs Verona). Ultimately, it feels comforting to know we appear prepared to look at modern concepts in our tactics.