Summer Mercato
I think having someone like Kaka on the team could prove positive. He is still a good player and probably the only one on Milan at the moment that still can dribble past defenders from our own half. On top of that, he could be a sort of veteran presence in the dressing room and that could only help the youngsters.
Of course his wage demand might be a bit much but lets face it, if he is really staying for 6 months, thats only 4 mil from Milan. In that 4mil, Milan will get someone that could guide the youngsters and pretty much can still sell a few jersey or two. Esp., if Milan make it a Kaka farewell 6 months marketing campaign. Continue to play how he was and still is love by fans all over.....if done right, all home matches should be sold out.

As for the rest of the dead weights, they should be long gone by Aug 30.

About Mario, hopefully he learns his lesson in this WC, that he is far from being one of the greatest(as he claims himself to be). Both Argentina and Portugal are playing quite poorly and yet one of them advanced to the next round and the other has a chance to do so, while his team(in his mind) crashed out despite being the favor in the group after their 1st match.
In some way, I still have faith in Mario but he just needs to wake up and realize that talents could only bring you to a certain level and greatness comes with hard works and dedications
(06-26-2014, 10:01 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: About Mario, hopefully he learns his lesson in this WC, that he is far from being one of the greatest(as he claims himself to be). Both Argentina and Portugal are playing quite poorly and yet one of them advanced to the next round and the other has a chance to do so, while his team(in his mind) crashed out despite being the favor in the group after their 1st match.
In some way, I still have faith in Mario but he just needs to wake up and realize that talents could only bring you to a certain level and greatness comes with hard works and dedications

For how long can we have faith? This has been communicated to Balotelli for 5 years. Time is running out. I can only speak for myself, and I'm fed up. The sooner he leaves the better.
(06-26-2014, 10:01 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I think having someone like Kaka on the team could prove positive. He is still a good player and probably the only one on Milan at the moment that still can dribble past defenders from our own half. On top of that, he could be a sort of veteran presence in the dressing room and that could only help the youngsters.
Of course his wage demand might be a bit much but lets face it, if he is really staying for 6 months, thats only 4 mil from Milan. In that 4mil, Milan will get someone that could guide the youngsters and pretty much can still sell a few jersey or two. Esp., if Milan make it a Kaka farewell 6 months marketing campaign. Continue to play how he was and still is love by fans all over.....if done right, all home matches should be sold out.

4m for 6 months is an insane amount of money for Milan , its half of the first Iturbes installments (if we sign him) its Ramis fee.He also cant really dribble past anyone with any reularity anymore.His passing and shooting is still great though , but I wouldnt like to shell out 4m and make it a farewell as you said.
(06-26-2014, 09:41 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: For Kaka, I would ask is he really going to lose that much if he takes a wage cut for 6 months to play for the club that launched him?

Two million euros. Minus whatever Sao Paulo are offering him. Sagrin

I agree it would be nice to see Silvio setting some conditions for Galliani getting € 25 mln - like "get rid of at least X amount of deadweight or else". Let's keep in mind though that if getting Iturbe can guarantee a CL spot or at least significantly strengthen our chances, it is a either a smart investment or a risk worth taking if a CL spot means cashing in €37 mln.

As for the whole Balotelli situation, I am simply against building a team around a single player. At least when they aren't "all that". Sure, for someone like Messi or Ronaldo I could make an exception because they will deliver in 9 games out of 10, while Balotelli seems to do the opposite. And if you decide to bench him when he's doing poorly you end up with dressing room problems. Unless either Pippo can make him fulfil his potential or make him drop the primadonna act, he's gotta go. And I think Galliani is trying to find prospective buyers.
I personally would like to see Balotelli stay at Milan. I know he devides everyone and also can be a frustration but he is by far and away our best forward, he is still young and if we can have a team that actually creates chances for him he will score, of that i have no doubt. Inzaghi is a manager i think could get the best out of him.

I also dont think the WC filure is Balo's fault, the defence was crap, midfield had no legs and Machisio was the one that got sent off to put Italy down to 10 men. Also i think Italy deserved to go out, this WC has been about attacking and to that end Italy showed no real desire or quality. the midfielder didnt create much and it was evident. So i am glad italy went out.

Back to Milan, Kaka has quality but he is a pale shadow of the player he was and i think it ould be best for him and Milan to part ways, he will always be a Milan legend.

SES / Balo / Menez or Iturbe would be a potent attacking lineup as long as we can sort out the midfield and get someone in there that can pick up the ball and pick a pass, dictate play and create chances. Darmian would be a greta addition to the back and if we could get GK sirted as i dont wat Abbiati as 1st choice.

Christante needs to step up, hopefully Inzaghi will give him a chance. Monto will be missed but he had a avergae season last year so hopefully will come back firing. Muntari should stay along with De Jong. Poli is rotation at best.

Not expecting anything special in the transfer window but i am looking forward o next season.
Gabriel, this doesn't happen often as I normally always agree with you...but this time I disagree with everything you said. Apart from ofcourse wanting all the other deadwoods out of here.

We should pay Kaka 2mil + 2 in taxes...for him to be a mentor? That's an expensive mentor. His contribution on the field is terrible, and I don't think he can dribble past anyone effectively anymore. I didn't want him last summer and said e was a mistake. He was.
About him guiding our youngsters.....what do we have coaches for? What do we have all these directors and CEOs for. We don't need mentors, we need players.

Balotelli.....I've said my piece on him many times. We keep talking about his talent...by what talent??? Can anyone please explain to me what his talent is? We've been waiting for him to wake up ever since he came onto the scene. He is not a boy anymore. He's a 25 yr old man. One that is only concerned about himself. He won't change. He is lazy and hurts the team more then he helps. I'm glad Prandelli woke up...even is it was too late. Get this guy away from here ASAP. It sucks that nobody wants him...wonder why.....
Balotelli can effectively dribble past defender Big Grin and this is just one of his football talents. He has all the qualities for an attacker.

People have reason to be upset about him, but his talents are top level, just his consistency and behavior not.
(06-26-2014, 01:16 PM)nefremo Wrote: He's a 25 yr old man.

He's currently 23 Smile
(06-26-2014, 01:50 PM)Aficio Wrote: Balotelli can effectively dribble past defender Big Grin and this is just one of his football talents. He has all the qualities for an attacker.

People have reason to be upset about him, but his talents are top level, just his consistency and behavior not.

Balotelli only has a good shooting skill, he has no dribbling skill whatsoever, and he's slow and lazy.
(06-26-2014, 03:07 PM)Acmir Wrote:
(06-26-2014, 01:50 PM)Aficio Wrote: Balotelli can effectively dribble past defender Big Grin and this is just one of his football talents. He has all the qualities for an attacker.

Balotelli only has a good shooting skill, he has no dribbling skill whatsoever, and he's slow and lazy.

Are you sure? Big Grin