Winter Transfer Window 2017
(01-04-2017, 12:38 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Are you sure you're not looking for the forums of Tianjin Quanjian, Guangzhou Evergrande, Shanghai Shenhua, Shanghai SIPG or Jiangsu Suning?

Hahaha what a complete list of Chinese teams  Devilol
Miha is still keen to bring Poli to Turin..
Yes please!
(01-05-2017, 12:54 AM)slifersd Wrote: Considering that China is willing to pay insane amount of money for big name players, I have absolutely no idea how we are only able to get 30M for Bacca. He might not be Shevchenko reborn, but Bacca is a big name player with a proven track record of production in highly visible competitions. To compare, how did Atletico get 45M for Jackson Martinez, and we only get 30M for Bacca? This just screams another Galliani slack ass negotiation. Galliani probably was too busy selling out again and forgot who actually pays for his salary.

I am all for a good youth movement and all, but let's not get carried away and start trying to promote the entire youth squad to first team either. Young players need game time, lots of it, to perfect their craft. Having a bunch of youngsters rotting on the bench in San Siro is hardly going to help them develop quicker. Any valuable insight they gain from the veterans will probably be offset by sitting in the stands every weekend or getting 5 min a game at most. We should only promote guys who are close to being ready to contribute to the first team.

True, but do take a look at how much playing time Adriano, Honda, Vangioni, Ely and Poli have combined?

In that case, I think Montella do have better options for covering for these players in the squad already. My idea of using the youngsters was to cover the 3./4.th choice for some positions in our squad.

Example:
We sell Vangioni. De Sciglio and Antonelli would then cover the LB role. In my perspective Llamas could be our 3rd choice for the LB role, but, only going for the games if De Sciglio or Antonelli is injured. That means he still plays the matches of the Primavera if De Sciglio and Antonelli is ready to play.

Same thing with Gabbia and Ely. Sell Ely and use Gabbia as our 5th choice for CB.

Cutrone might do the same for Bacca and Adriano, but that is a little more difficult situation, since we would rely on Lapadula and Niang. A little risky, but I say go, but sure understands if others done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does this mean Taraabt is on his way back to us?  Devilol

http://www.football-italia.net/96405/gen...bt-benfica
(01-05-2017, 10:07 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: Does this mean Taraabt is on his way back to us?  Devilol

http://www.football-italia.net/96405/gen...bt-benfica

Scared Scared Scared
Sassuolo confirmed that Roma tried to get both Pellegrini and Deffrel this january, but Sassuolo want to keep them. Good. That way we can go all out for Pellegrini in July when hopefully the take over will be complete.
(01-05-2017, 08:14 AM)kaka*** Wrote: True, but do take a look at how much playing time Adriano, Honda, Vangioni, Ely and Poli have combined?

In that case, I think Montella do have better options for covering for these players in the squad already. My idea of using the youngsters was to cover the 3./4.th choice for some positions in our squad.

Example:
We sell Vangioni. De Sciglio and Antonelli would then cover the LB role. In my perspective Llamas could be our 3rd choice for the LB role, but, only going for the games if De Sciglio or Antonelli is injured. That means he still plays the matches of the Primavera if De Sciglio and Antonelli is ready to play.

Same thing with Gabbia and Ely. Sell Ely and use Gabbia as our 5th choice for CB.

Cutrone might do the same for Bacca and Adriano, but that is a little more difficult situation, since we would rely on Lapadula and Niang. A little risky, but I say go, but sure understands if others done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point about keeping youth players in youth teams is more about giving the youngsters their room to develop than anything else. Certainly, replacing the little used veterans with youngsters will benefit the first team (slightly), but the amount of damage it can do to the development of these young players cannot be understated. The first team probably wouldn't feel any sting by letting go of Vangioni and have Llamas in, but Llamas wouldn't get the game time he needs to develop his skills. You can only train so much before you have to get on the field and exercise what you learned. We probably save a couple million euros a year by doing this, but Llamas' development could completely stall and we end up wasting his potential too. That's why I advocate we only bring up youngsters who can realistically get some game action, whether it's due to their skill level or positional needs. 

I am no expert in this matter, but I am pretty sure you can't just bounce a player between youth and first team that easily. Coaches on both teams need their players to be fully committed to their programs, which includes training, technical studies, game tape studies, physical therapy/recovery, and many more. Bouncing a player between two teams will only make it difficult for him to fit in on either side, and therefore, rob him of any value to either team. Young players are much better off in a stable and familiar environment to develop. They can be used in an emergency situation, but for the most part, they are probably better off with the youth team to learn and grow than to be a numbers filler in the first team.
Here we go once again.

http://www.football-italia.net/96438/asc...lini-talks

Ascoli confirmed an “exploratory meeting” with Juventus for Riccardo Orsolini, the winger who is also wanted by Milan...
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Promoting 1-2 players per year as we have been doing recently is a good goal to aim for. I think it's a good model and it is something that is achievable and that also benefits the club and the players themselves.

Bascially, there should be a model within these lines in my opinion:

1. Bracket A - Identify the 1-2 players that are ready (if there are any to begin with) to get meaningful game time and than promote them to the first team. Examples in recent years are players like Locatelli, Donnarumma, De Sciglio. I would put Calabria in here also but I am split on him and wonder if he would benefit more from being in Bracket B.

2. Bracket B - Identify 2-3 (or more if there are actually more in this bracket) players that have the potential and talent, but are perhaps not yet there for various reasons (example, maybe there is 2 players already ahead of them in their positions and knowing that they wouldn't get much game time, it's not beneficial to keep them around just for practicing with the senior team). Try to loan these players out to a team that will actually PLAY THEM. (examples would be players like Petagna for example, or Darmian, or maybe even guys like Llamas and Felicioli). On the other hand, a good example of how not to loan out a player is Gabriel. We knew that he wouldn't play at Napoli so I have no idea why we gave him to them...unless we had already given up on the guy anyway.

3. Bracket C - Players that might not quite be ready for senior football yet but can definitely get there if they get used to the speed of the play and will maybe benefit from training with the senior team on a somewhat consistent basis ("consistent basis" will obviously have to be defined and worked out as these players obviously have commitments to the Primavera also). A good example of these players are maybe guys like Gabbia, Cutrone, La Ferrara, etc.

4. Bracket D - Simply the rest of the Primavera.

So I agree with slifersd. I don't think we should be loading the team with youth players unless we really plan to use them. They have to feel the confidence of the club and the coach in order to grow. We can't just play them 2-3 times per season and expect them to turn out great. At first they'll be excited that they are with the first team, but that initial excitement is short-lived. Very quickly the confidence will go and they'll either not develop or want to leave. In any case, it's a lose-lose situation for both Milan and the players. Unless the players are truly part of the project, than don't bring them into the first team.

Let's take Llamas as an example. Sure, he can take Vangioni's spot with absolutely no problem. After all, Vangioni hasn't played a single minute. So in that sense, we would be saving in Vangioni's salary and we surely wouldn't miss him. But can Llamas play ahead of Antonelli and De Sciglio? If the answer is NO, than he shouldn't be in the first team just to watch them play.

Just my 2 cents on the topic. I think it's an interesting one...