Summer transfer window 2017
Don't you guys think the release clause NOW inflate the player's price significantly especially if he is performing well enough? Cairo said Belotti's clause 100 m so people would think his price is not really far from that clause (min. 70-80 mil euros).

IMO even with inflated price, I agree with Reza, he should be not more than 50 mil euros. He has only one good season.

I do think FM know this and from what we have seen from the players they signed, they did not splash money easily. We get Bonucci for about 40 mil euros and this is only in a couple of days. Conti and Biglia whom were very difficult do get, FM still did not match what Atalanta and Lazio demand. Especially Biglia we were desperate to get him since we missed so much such kind of player (a regista).

So, I trust FM they will get big name striker with good offer, with the inflated price but not insane one like 80 mil (without including players) for Belotti. Higuain to Juve was insane but still Higuain has shown his quality for years especially in Serie A.

The release clause should be the price that no one will activate it, that is why normally it is an insane amount of money. No one could imagine Juve would activate Higuain clause because it was just too much but Juve did.

Higuain costed about 90 mil euros and FM would give money to Torino about the same amount for Belotti? I really don't think so.

FM might have other reasonable options, who knows, they keep surprising us. Big Grin
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-19-2017, 01:46 AM)Aficio Wrote: I think Andre Silva can make you happy.

THIS! What USMilanFan described was pretty much Andre Silva... That being said... if we got a Mbappe and had two of those sort of players that would be even better.

For me Belotti is still the best fit alongside Andre Silva... I've never been much of a Morata fan... 
Of course Auba would add quite a lot of speed to our attack
Been saying it all along. Once Cairo finds out we were trying to grab Belotti, his valuation goes up to screw with us.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(07-19-2017, 01:50 AM)USMilanFan Wrote: Silva is an interesting signing, I'm quite curious to see where he fits into the squad. If Milan does get the striker they need, the last piece of the puzzle might be in place. After that the only thing they could possibly need is squad depth at this point. *Shrugs*

He is still young and we can develop him in the direction that is best for him and the team.

He could learn from any top striker. It is quite lucky that he is loved by C. Ronaldo.

One of the trio Auba/Belo/Mora is very good, but I think people forget Diego Costa Big Grin

Quote:THIS! What USMilanFan described was pretty much Andre Silva... That being said... if we got a Mbappe and had two of those sort of players that would be even better.

For me Belotti is still the best fit alongside Andre Silva... I've never been much of a Morata fan...
Of course Auba would add quite a lot of speed to our attack

Belotti is also my favourite Big Grin
Some reports say we re linked with Patrick Schick after the deal with Jube was off.
(07-19-2017, 02:24 AM)Aficio Wrote: He is still young and we can develop him in the direction that is best for him and the team.

He could learn from any top striker. It is quite lucky that he is loved by C. Ronaldo.

One of the trio Auba/Belo/Mora is very good, but I think people forget Diego Costa Big Grin

Where he ends up remains to be seen, I agree that he has time on his side to allow him to develop so that's a plus. I see him being more of a Winger than a Striker in Milan but he could still prove me wrong. I also agree that any of those three would be a good signing. With Man City looking to offload Iheanacho that might not be a bad choice either all things considered.
(07-19-2017, 01:58 AM)Siregar Wrote: Don't you guys think the release clause NOW inflate the player's price significantly especially if he is performing well enough? Cairo said Belotti's clause 100 m so people would think his price is not really far from that clause (min. 70-80 mil euros).

IMO even with inflated price, I agree with Reza, he should be not more than 50 mil euros. He has only one good season.

I do think FM know this and from what we have seen from the players they signed, they did not splash money easily. We get Bonucci for about 40 mil euros and this is only in a couple of days. Conti and Biglia whom were very difficult do get, FM still did not match what Atalanta and Lazio demand. Especially Biglia we were desperate to get him since we missed so much such kind of player (a regista).

So, I trust FM they will get big name striker with good offer, with the inflated price but not insane one like 80 mil (without including players) for Belotti. Higuain to Juve was insane but still Higuain has shown his quality for years especially in Serie A.

The release clause should be the price that no one will activate it, that is why normally it is an insane amount of money. No one could imagine Juve would activate Higuain clause because it was just too much but Juve did.

Higuain costed about 90 mil euros and FM would give money to Torino about the same amount for Belotti? I really don't think so.

FM might have other reasonable options, who knows, they keep surprising us. Big Grin

Do you think Lukaku is worth his price tag? It's an inflated market for goal scorer.
(07-19-2017, 02:44 AM)hwmook Wrote: Do you think Lukaku is worth his price tag? It's an inflated market for goal scorer.

not worth half of his price... Just a big strong player with very little technical quality. I think you'd find he'd likely be only a good striker in Serie A... 
All EPL deals are massively inflated... I'm a fan of Kyle Walker for example but in no way is he worth the $$ he was sold for... good deal for the spurs...

Andre Silve is most definitely a complete striker. Wheterh it be as a forward two or a lone striker. The porto coach last year was a muppet that refused to play him in his natural position... Look what he's done for Portugal playing in the position he belongs...

Cairo is just being a tool now... One minute he wants 80 mill... we offer 50+ players... then 60 plus players... now he's saying he wants the 80 plus players... 
Better we cool our interest and put the pressure on Belotti... As it gets later in the MErcato he might come to the realisation he might end up with a striker he doesn't want to be there and will end up being worth half next transfer window so might be a little more reasonable to negotiate with.

What's with these small clubs and their presidents that think they're the best... (Lazio, Torino)

I think release clauses do nothing except scare away teams that aren't serious... Throw a 100mill price tag and clubs will only come knocking when they're likely to make a genuine attempt to sign him. No clause would likely mean many clubs would have shown their "interest" throughout the season to see how much he'd likely go for which would be very distracting for the player... It's something I see often in Portugal... Big release clauses means less teams come knocking but the teams that do are there to buy... But they rarely get sold for their full min fee clause...
(07-19-2017, 12:17 AM)USMilanFan Wrote: Given that I'm from the US, people like to think I know nothing about Football around the world. I've proved them wrong several times and I'll say that I love what the club has done with all the signings this summer. I know that most pundits think that all we need now is a Centre Forward and while that is very true, the guys we're linked with don't necessarily fit the mould that we need from a forward moving forward. Would getting an Aubamayang or a Bellotti help us right now? Maybe but Aubamayang is approaching 30 and Belotti may have just been a one season wonder. While Belotti may be young and he did have a great season this past season, it's hard to say whether or not he sustains it. If he doesn't sustain it it'll be another Jamie Vardy who has one great season then falls off the face of the earth. Im not saying that he's a bad player, I just think that he might not be the right choice for the club to succeed.

Approaching 30 ?? He was 28 a few weeks ago.Thats a bit ridiculous to say.So thats what you have against Aubameyang ? That hes approaching 30 even though he actually isnt.
On Belotti I agree no guarantee that he isnt going to be another Pavoletti or Immobile or Gila.Id actually like him here but not for more than €35-€40m.Aubameyang would be a much safer bet if theyre going to spend €60m + on a striker.
40 goals last year 39 year before hes in the absolute prime of his career and will be for 4 years.Hell with his pace he'll be faster than 90% players at 34/35.If Milan can get him its a no brainer for me.
(07-19-2017, 03:23 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Approaching 30 ?? He was 28 a few weeks ago.Thats a bit ridiculous to say.So thats what you have against Aubameyang ? That hes approaching 30 even though he actually isnt.
On Belotti I agree no guarantee that he isnt going to be another Pavoletti or Immobile or Gila.Id actually like him here but not for more than €35-€40m.Aubameyang would be a much safer bet if theyre going to spend €60m + on a striker.
40 goals last year 39 year before hes in the absolute prime of his career and will be for 4 years.Hell with his pace he'll be faster than 90% players at 34/35.If Milan can get him its a no brainer for me.

I guess your right on Auba(I didn't know his exact age I thought he was 29 going on 30) He is in his prime and I take that comment back. I have nothing against him at all, he's a quality Forward and he can definitely score. I do have one slight concern though, Can he maintain the goal scoring after the move?