EL Md6 Rijeka - Milan 7.12.2017 19:00
(12-08-2017, 12:37 AM)xudong Wrote: A lunatic president such as Zamparini would have fired Gattuso. Big Grin

A lunatic president such as Zamparini would have hired Gattuso.  Devilol
(12-08-2017, 12:37 AM)xudong Wrote: A lunatic president such as Zamparini would have fired Gattuso. Big Grin

Yup ,and bring Montella back. Confused
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(12-08-2017, 01:30 AM)slifersd Wrote: I honestly don't know if Gattuso would be able to fix this team. For all of Montella's flaws, he was at least an actual coach. Montella went through the right path to develop his coaching career by starting with small Serie B teams, then gradually taking on bigger and bigger jobs and achieving success at these different stops before being given the Milan job. Gattuso is nothing more than a nostalgia hire. The guy has had almost zero success before joining Milan to coach kids. And hell, he only even got that job because management wanted to bring back some familiar names and the bigger names didn't want anything to do with it. If his name was not Gennaro Gattuso, Milan fans would not even want this guy coaching the youth team, nevertheless the actual Milan first team. It takes more than screaming like a psycho to get players to follow your lead. Hell, his method might actually turn players off more than it inspires confidence. But hey, as long as it's cheap and easy.
Heart

marry me (no homo)
(12-08-2017, 04:22 AM)nefremo Wrote: It's easy to shit on Gattuso now, but we should give him some time before we do that. Not saying you guys are wrong, bit again, let's give hime some time.

Today's game was a disappointment, but then again it was played with different players. I saw improvement in the team against Bemevento. It was "only" Benevento, but the mentality, style, and attitude was differenr compared to Montella's Milan.

Just give the guy some time before basically calling him shit
We're all out of that....which is why  replacing a bad coach with a worse one was a terrible idea.
Another mid table finish looks to be a certainty....even relegation scares to be honest.

The ONE thing I thought he might have added was work rate.

We haven't even gotten that....meaning that he's just a raving lunatic on the sidelines
(12-08-2017, 09:54 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Yesterday's performance isn't all about Rino imo. He may played a part, but it was depressingly similar to Montella's team in the EL. The two AEK games weren't better despite us not losing and then there was the second leg with Shkendija which was similarly disappointing.

If you look at the complaints, they're very similar to what we were saying with Montella:

- Lots of possession, but useless possession
- Very slow movement of the ball
- Poor movement on and off the ball
- Lack of hunger
- Very few decent attempts at goal
- Defenders passing aimlessly between themselves or 50 yard hollywood passes from Paletta (normal Bonucci)

What I saw yesterday, you could easily interchange Gattuso on the touchline for Montella and no one would bat an eyelid.

Indeed.
Also...I don't care how "meaningless" the game was.
This was a chance...an EASY one...to BUILD CONFIDENCE.
Gattuso showed himself to be just another typical Italian coach with the ultra conservative mind set.
Even if he fielded a team that could have gotten Cutrone and Silva on the scoresheet it would have been better.
Rest whomever you want to rest afterwards.
Apparently Lord Kalinic (PBUH) needs to be wrapped in wool  in order to face the mighty Bologna Dodgy
This shows me (in addition to his open criticism of Silva) that
GATTUSO has 0 IDEAS.

I hope everything I posted here is COMPLETE NONSENSE and that Rino is actually a Conte that we haven't seen yet.
Everything points to the contrary..i.e. he's CRAP.
Milan is a rose
Love even the thorns
I am also somewhat surprised with him mentioning Silva specifically, even if he was asked specifically I am not sure it is correct that Gattuso answered that way.
BUT we are rushing to judgement on Gattuso, early signs are not encouraging though ...
Looks like we're switching to 4-3-3