Week 2 Milan - Cagliari August 29 2021 20:45
In pre match conference Pioli said

“I believe that this year we need a lot of starters, at the end of the transfer market I will have a lot of starters available. We have to raise the level in everything. XXXX is a Milan player, very intelligent, he knows how to occupy the areas well and participates in both phases. I will make choices match by match, the boys will have to be good at being ready.”

I put a XXXX in place of the player's name. Guess which he was mentioning? Grinundwech
(08-28-2021, 02:55 PM)reza Wrote: In pre match conference Pioli said

“I believe that this year we need a lot of starters, at the end of the transfer market I will have a lot of starters available. We have to raise the level in everything. XXXX is a Milan player, very intelligent, he knows how to occupy the areas well and participates in both phases. I will make choices match by match, the boys will have to be good at being ready.”

I put a XXXX in place of the player's name. Guess which he was mentioning? Grinundwech

I don’t have to see the press, it’s Krunic 100%  Icon_lol2
(08-28-2021, 02:55 PM)reza Wrote: In pre match conference Pioli said

Give us Samu hint please. It is Kru-el for you to make us guess. It is not Hau we do things here.
aka xudong
Pellegri not in the match squad today. Injured already? Does anyone know?
(08-29-2021, 12:47 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Pellegri not in the match squad today. Injured already? Does anyone know?

Has fitness issues which is ridiculous as had been training with Monaco for the earlier start of the French season.
(08-29-2021, 12:47 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Pellegri not in the match squad today. Injured already? Does anyone know?

He even arrived at Casa Milan limping....
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
I posted this in Pellegri's thread, but i'll replicate it here...

I don't think this is a problem that he's not included. I see this as a positive. If the staff thinks he's not 100% fit...then there is no point to force him into the squad. If we want to make sure he stays healthy, the 1st and foremost thing we have to do is to get him acclimated to our type if training, methods, fitness regime, etc. It's good that he'll get 2-3 weeks of training under our staff before getting into the squad. I find this very sensible.

It's easy to make fun if the guy. Yes, he's struggled through injuries. But this is not uncommon for someone of his physique and stature at that age. A lot of it could be attributed to growth at his age. Most 16 year olds don't have that physique and most 16-18 year olds don't undergo that kind of body/muscle growth WHILE playing and training as a professional footballer.

Is this a bit of hope talking? Yes, i guess. But i think it's very reasonable that this is what was happening to him as we've seen it with others in the past. Most of his injuries are muscle related. Again...in line with what I just said.

We'll see. But I don't think his talent or potential is up for debate.
Agreed Nef. Also this guy is probably low confidence after all these injuries. Last thing you would want is to rush him back to then get another small injury and be out for a month. He needs consistency. If we are going to make this work, the psychology will be as important as physical. I imagine that is partly at play with Benna to make him feel like he has to earn his spot back.
It seems that we will field the exact same starting 11 as last week. Another 1-goal victory incoming then? Big Grin
aka xudong
I guess Bennacer is still not 100% ready. I hope that he won't go away to international duty. I hate when we deem players unfit (not 100%) and don't use them out of precaution...and then they go to international duty a few days later and play 2 games in 5 days. If he's unfit to play for us...then his Algeria coach should understand that and let the play be and recover at Milanello.