Summer Mercato
Galliani must be worried , Next year Noce Matri Birsa will be back ...they must leave before we can sign players Smile
(08-07-2014, 08:02 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Galliani must be worried , Next year Noce Matri Birsa will be back ...they must leave before we can sign players Smile

They might be ok in Serie B? Just kidding... Sagrin
We can't get money even for players that other teams desperately want. Sassuolo's keeper broke his leg, and all we can do is to loan Agazzi out? I also read somewhere that Santos needs to pay 1.5 million to redeem Robinho. Manchester United has been splashing money everywhere, but how come they are rumored to offer only 8-10 million for de Jong whom van Gaal specifically asks for?

Really?
aka xudong
We should all realize that by now, Galliani does not know how to sell high on players at all. The only player we have sold in recent memory who was above market value was probably Shevchenko. Everyone else, even Kaka, TS and Ibra were sold for fair value at best (Kaka), and down right awful value (Ibra and Silva) at worst. But that's how Galliani operates. He always gets discounts when signing players from other teams, so there is no reason those teams would pay a surplus for our players.
DJongs 30 in Oct & has 10months left on his contract.€10m is pretty fair.Had he 2 years or more left and was 28 in Oct then €20m would be fair.
(08-07-2014, 04:43 PM)elieassi Wrote: It's official Robinho is a Santos player. It's a 1-year loan deal.

And we're paying 40% of his wages, about €130.000 per month.
(08-07-2014, 09:54 PM)slifersd Wrote: We should all realize that by now, Galliani does not know how to sell high on players at all. The only player we have sold in recent memory who was above market value was probably Shevchenko. Everyone else, even Kaka, TS and Ibra were sold for fair value at best (Kaka), and down right awful value (Ibra and Silva) at worst. But that's how Galliani operates. He always gets discounts when signing players from other teams, so there is no reason those teams would pay a surplus for our players.

Shevchenko wasnt sold above market value. At the time he was worlds best striker and he was sold for 43m, wich aint too much!
News isn't too good today if I'm honest. Diego Lopez's agent will negotiate personal terms today apparently, but basically they want 4m per year, we're offer 2.5m, which could ruin the deal. While Perin's name has been mentioned, it looks unlikely he'll join this summer.

The Armero deal looks on the rocks as well, as apparently he wants 3m per year, while we're only ready to offer 1.5m.

Regarding Cerci, Cairo (Torino's owner) has said he hasn't seen Galliani in two weeks so it seems we're not looking too hot to go after him, but there's a lot of interest abroad (probably Monaco).

Rumours for Dzemaili are growing, with it thought we can get him for 3-4m.

I also read that we're looking at Taarabt again.

All above news is on Milannews.

Those players who we bring in need to have character to help lead this side and honestly, I'm not sure if Dzemaili, Armero or Taarabt can offer this. It's a real problem, as if I took anything from those that played in the USA tour, it's that we're currently lacking real leaders on the pitch. Not to say we don't have those who can offer leadership in this group, but it's important that Rami returns to what he was last season, that Montolivo acts as a leader as he did in his first season with us and De Jong offers leadership in our midfield. We need these experienced figures in their prime to give leadership in the dressing room.

I'm also for Inzaghi asking some of the young Italians to try and take more responsibility too. El Shaarawy has shown he can take on responsibilities in this side and should be aiming to act as a leader up front, being more vocal with teammates and trying to get more service. De Sciglio is another who I think can be asked to be more of a leader at the back. He looks like a potential leader and he needs to try and get more by encouraging teammates and helping to communicate through the side to organise the group on the pitch. Finally, another I think Inzaghi should try and get more from is Cristante. This is because he's the brain on the pitch while Montolivo's out and he should be demanding and directing the ball and our play. It's not a case that these guys should have the responsibility of the club on their shoulders (it's too much to ask from young players), but using the support of the more experienced players mentioned above, I think they can look to actively take on more responsibilties in the side and help this process to evolve to the next generation. Essentially, I want them to show their personalities and character without fear or timidness of being young players in the senior squad.

Just in case anyone's wondering, I didn't mention Balotelli who is young and very vocal, but also rather destructive instead of contructive when talking imo.

(08-06-2014, 03:35 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: Slightly off-topic but how disgusting was it that we didn't withdraw our support for Tavecchio after his racist comments?

We are a deplorable club these days.

As Mystik said, we are discussing this in the Serie A thread and it would be great to hear your thoughts there. Actually, we were hoping you'd be involved in the discussion there before you posted, as usually you're really well informed on these matters and can provide insights we don't have.

Regarding the support for Tavecchio, I've said before it's indicative of the split in our own club. Barbara had a pretty public spat with Tavecchio before this all started and was asking for a new figure, someone maybe in their 40's who can offer new ideas in Italian football to take charge. Albertini soon came in, but Galliani (and possibly Silvio) is clearly supporting Tavecchio. We're not only deplorable these days (I have been considering why I'm supporting this side in recent months), but we're just very, very broken.

(08-08-2014, 10:23 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: And we're paying 40% of his wages, about €130.000 per month.

Please tell me you're joking Facepalm
Dzemaili, Armero and Taarabt wouldnt be an upgrade to what we already have... so i dont see the point in signing them.
Has Taarabt taken any part in QPR pre-season training? This guy isn't exactly known for his discipline so if we buy him, he'll be fit in, what, November?

On other news, since Diego Lopez wants a 4m salary we're considering Valdes, Perin, and Romero. Perin is the only one I like. Valdes hasn't exactly recovered from his knee injury and even at his best he's pretty mediocre and error-prone. The same thing can be said of Romero. He was okay for Argentina at the last World Cup, but I've seen him committed several blunders in Sampdoria's shirt.
per l'amaro e il dolce