AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Week 7: Milan - Napoli (Sunday, October 4 - 20:45 CET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(10-04-2015, 09:36 PM)Ryo Wrote: [ -> ]Ridiculous how Bacca is the only one still battling. We need more players with his never-say-die mentality.

And yes, Jack has been god awful today. In fact, the entire team just fell apart after the second goal, even though we could have fought back (seriously, Napoli weren't that great).

To be fair though, Bonaventura didn't give up either. He fought until the last minute too (not saying that he is good at all).
We are back to the bottom half of the table. Facepalm

Juventus could overtake us next week. Only three teams (Carpi, Frosinone, Bologna) have worse goal difference records than we.

This is not good.
The shakeup within the team really needs to continue. Zapata, Bertolacci and gang need to be benched. Hell, Lopez hasn't exactly been anything special this season either. These players we have keep making mental errors and have not shown any kind of mental fortitude to be championship level players. At some point, they need to held accountable for their ineptitude. Zapata can't be allowed to make bad passes to opponents every game; Lopez can't be allowed to punch a ball directly hit at him into the net; And Bertolacci can't be allowed to roam around midfield doing nothing offensively or defensively. We can't expect these players to change their ways, so the only way we can change our fortune is by changing these players.
The problems in this club are so deep and this match exposed it badly. I said a week ago that our problems on the pitch are fixable, I still believe that on a technical/tactical level, but what I saw tonight is really concerning and the sad thing is it's not new, I've been seeing it since Allegri was here. The way the team just gave up the fight and just fell apart showed weakness and fragility that I just don't know how we'll resolve. We're in a vicious cycle where we bring in new players and this seemingly endemic problem seems to get the best of them too, suggesting this problem is significantly deeper than just what we see on the pitch.

I want to compliment Napoli though, I had feared this match could end this way (the scoreline, not the manner of defeat) in the past week and so it happened. However, I think Napoli are up there challenging for the scudetto this season, so losing to them isn't a massive shock. It's hard to deny my envy of their players and coach though. Sarri was the coach I wanted this past summer (not to say I think Miha's a bad appointment, I don't think he's at fault for the problems). While I don't think Sarri would necessarily get the results with Milan he's getting with Napoli, what I do think is he's a coach who could have actually started reversing the trend of the issues we're seeing in the club. I say this because he seems to have a way of inspiring those he works with and actually generating enthusiasm, even when results don't go his way. Moreso, he's shown he's got a very clear philosophy and approach, more than any other coach in Italy, which is what l think this Milan needs. It's ironic, because right now in his Napoli I see more of AC Milan than I do in Milan. Actually, what's super depressing today is the very thought that I wanted key pieces of this Napoli in Milan, namely Jorginho, Allan, Sarri, but more than that, I'm seeing what he's getting from Insigne and wondering what he might have been able to do with El Shaarawy.

Won't give details on player ratings, too upsetting, so just scores:

Lopez 5.5
DES 5.5
Zapata 3.5
Ely 5.5
Antonelli 6
Kucka 5.5
Montolivo 5
Bertolacci 4.5
Bonaventura 5
Bacca 5
Adriano 4.5
Poli 5
Cerci 4.5
How bad is the environment in the dressing room or Milanello that whoever comes here instantly becomes mediocre? There is more here than meets the eye. We can't blame the coaches anymore and neither is the level of our players that bad. Surely the management are at fault for most of it and many of our players are simply not quality- but to be this bad for so long?

The problems are deep indeed.
Rarely have I seen Milan perform this badly. The signs have been there for a while though. We saw it against Palermo, and definitely against Udinese. That we lost against a struggling Genoa was a clear warning that things are not going in the right direction. And now this.

Fact is that this is not just the players' failure, or Mihajlovic's failure. The club is failing, from top to bottom, and if there's anyone we should be pointing fingers at, it's Berlusconi and Galliani. I can't support any of them any longer. Galliani was good ten years ago, but at this point he is not the man we need anymore. The fact that we are trying to bring Braida back just perfectly illustrates this club's lack of willingness to more forward with new people and new ideas, as if the failed stadium project and the marginalization of Barbara, the one person who has actually had some fresh approaches to things in the last 5-6 years, weren't proof enough already.

I don't even know what else to say right now. This is Year Zero.
How do we solve this problem? In the past 3 seasons, we brought in 3 new coaches, a new CEO to join Galliani, and some new signings in the summer.

The most obvious answer is new signings, but that won't be enough. I don't think replacing Mihajlovic would solve it either. I think Berlusconi and Galliani stepping down would be the answer to our problems, because it's only going to get worse from here if they stay.

New owners means more creativity, a more modern management, and more wins. Their mercato would actually make a difference, along with their choice of coach. Also, they'd have a REAL sporting director to sign quality players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only thing that gives me hope for the current season is that maybe this defeat will be enough of a shock to the whole club that the players will start performing better. This time we can't blame anything or anyone other than ourselves, and sometimes you have to actually realize how badly you've been performing in order to improve.
this is utter bulls**t
the way this team playing and manage is so ridiculous, i might quit watching milan this season if we go and get kpb + urby back, we are going into the wrong direction here.
and this lost just show that the management can't even manage the team anymore, just how much things have change in the last 10 years.
I did somehow prepare myself for a loss but not a shameful 4-0 loss at home. Zapata must be be benched until end of the season for such elementary mistakes games after games. As for midfield, we all in the forum saw this was coming even during pre-season, something mgt were ignorant, stupid, not to see this problem. Im starting to lose hope for the team for the rest of the season after this game.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13