AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Week 7: Milan - Napoli (Sunday, October 4 - 20:45 CET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Personally I am not hopeful about this game at all. They do everything that we are uncomfortable with. They press high and play a good passing game. Our Midfield must step up their game by ten notches if we are going to put up a decent challenge.
There are rumours that the idea of 4-4-2 has been toyed with by Miha, I'm not sure if he's tempted to do it for this match, but in general I think with the players we have a 4-4-2 might work quite well to offer greater defensive cover. The side I envision would be:

---------------------Lopez----------------------
DES---------Zapata----Romagnoli---Antonelli
Kucka-----Montolivo--Bertolacci---Bonaventura
-------------Adriano------Bacca---------------

Defence aside (there's room for change there, Zapata's on the brink of losing his spot for example), it's the midfield that interests me. Bonaventura would maintain a level of freedom from the left wing that he's generally enjoyed. I think Bertolacci and Montolivo are well balanced midfielders and while Kucka starts on the right, I see him operating more to offer balance and discipline (think Franco Colombo in Sacchi's Milan). If implemented correctly, it would generally allow for quicker, higher and more aggressive pressing.
Just out of curiosity, have we won a game where we were expected to lose in the past season or two? (i.e, Milan vs Juventus, but somehow we won)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do remember us having a good game at San Siro last season against Napoli. Okmilan I remember we were terrible leading to that game, but beat Napoli quite convincingly.
Here's confirmation of the 4-4-2 rumour I mentioned earlier

http://www.milannews.it/news/di-stefano-...sso-189048
Called-up players list: 22 players, No Ballotelli.
GK: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Lopez;
Defense: Alex, Antonelli, Calabria, De Sciglio, Ely, Zapata;
Midfield: Bertolacci, Bonaventura, De Jong, Jose Mauri, Kucka, Montolivo, Nocerino, Poli, Suso, Honda;
Attack: Bacca, Cerci, Luiz Adriano.
Small chance that Gabriel might play
Why is Balotelli left out??
(10-03-2015, 06:33 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]Why is Balotelli left out??

Muscular injury in training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope that it is not serious. You never know, muscular injury can be really bad, if unlucky. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13