AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Week 38: Atalanta vs AC Milan Sunday 23/5 20:45 cet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
No other option but to win. We wanna be Milan? We can't be afraid of Atalanta. We go to Bergamo and we take what's ours. We need to destroy them. We can't stop now! This is our time!
Win or lose but Pioli should be fucking kicked out of this club with utmost humiliation and shame. I am so angry for the whole day, I was hardly able to concentrate even in online lectures. Damn, I would have gunned him down outside the San Siro last night and liquidate his fucking 3 son. Who on motherfucker in this world will bring Meite for Bennacer when we desperately needs only one goal. I won't have bothered much if he would have bought Mandzukic instead. Pardon me for using such hard words, this basically sums up my day. We were soo close to UCL and this....
It could been worse. Could extend Pioli day before...
If it goes as expected this weekend it will be 9 years since Milan last played in Champions League.

A decade since this club finished in the top 4 of Serie A.
(05-17-2021, 09:06 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: [ -> ]If it goes as expected this weekend it will be 9 years since Milan last played in Champions League. 

A decade since this club finished in the top 4 of Serie A.

Crazy to think it's been so long man. Absolutely crazy. To know that, and to play like that vs Cagliari..... Angry  
Every time I think of how we performed yesterday....i genuinely get so upset. I just expected more fight. I expected life or death attitude. Instead, at times it looked lifeless....
We better show up on Sunday. We better fight for every ball, for every centimeter on the field.
There is something that really rubs me the wrong way about emotionless performances. And apart from a couple of players yesterday, I don't think I saw anyone upset. Upset at themselves, upset an someone else. It was so weird in a game that meant so much.
(05-17-2021, 02:44 PM):3bandiera:nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]No other option but to win. We wanna be Milan? We can't be afraid of Atalanta. We go to Bergamo and we take what's ours. We need to destroy them. We can't stop now! This is our time!

Okmilan
I think I have calmed down a bit from yesterday's debacle and can think more logically now:

Positives for us:
Atalanta should have tired legs because they play Copa final mid week; The game script should be very open because Atalanta does not defend or even try to park the bus against anyone; The game is not in San Siro, where we apparently cannot win at all

Negative for us:
Our complete and total inability to even put up a fight against Atalanta for the last couple of years; Their attack is ridiculously efficient and effective, and our defense is hardly reliable; Our usual tendency to shit the bed when pressure is on

I think this is a game where we CAN win, but if we show up with the spirit of the Cagliari game, well, no reason to expect anything then. Regardless of what happens in this game though, I do hope management sees the shortcomings of this team and address them in the offseason. Pioli is not a CL caliber coach, and we need to replace him with someone more capable. He has one tactic and when that doesn't work, he's completely devoid of any ideas. I know he is likeable but this is a soccer team not a Miss Congeniality contest; at least 5 players in the starting 11 have no business starting in a CL game and I don't think keep deploying them is somehow going to turn those frogs into a prince. We also need to seriously beef up our supporting staff as well. Our training staff, for example, is atrocious and killed this season with their inability to keep players away from the treatment table.

I hope we can get a win and finally get back to CL, because if nothing else, losing Hakan and Donna, who are worth at least 70m combined, for nothing is going to be a disaster for us financially. But I also want the management to make the necessary changes to the team instead of the old "Pioli made the CL, how dare you say he is not a good coach!" rhetoric.
Dopo Milano ce Bergamo...
(05-17-2021, 04:15 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: [ -> ]Win or lose but Pioli should be fucking kicked out of this club with utmost humiliation and shame. I am so angry for the whole day, I was hardly able to concentrate even in online lectures. Damn, I would have gunned him down outside the San Siro last night and liquidate his fucking 3 son. Who on motherfucker in this world will bring Meite for Bennacer when we desperately needs only one goal. I won't have bothered much if he would have bought Mandzukic instead. Pardon me for using such hard words, this basically sums up my day. We were soo close to UCL and this....

I would agree BUT only if a proper replacement comes. no point kicking him out and signing another Pleb. 
we need to replace him with a top coach. or a proper up and coming coach like a De Zerbi. 
None of this rubbish of signing Sheva just because he did well with an NT.
ANd no way we should let garbage like Allegri anywhere near the club ever again.
(05-17-2021, 09:41 PM)slifersd Wrote: [ -> ]I think I have calmed down a bit from yesterday's debacle and can think more logically now:

Positives for us:
Atalanta should have tired legs because they play Copa final mid week; The game script should be very open because Atalanta does not defend or even try to park the bus against anyone; The game is not in San Siro, where we apparently cannot win at all

Negative for us:
Our complete and total inability to even put up a fight against Atalanta for the last couple of years; Their attack is ridiculously efficient and effective, and our defense is hardly reliable; Our usual tendency to shit the bed when pressure is on

I think this is a game where we CAN win, but if we show up with the spirit of the Cagliari game, well, no reason to expect anything then. Regardless of what happens in this game though, I do hope management sees the shortcomings of this team and address them in the offseason. Pioli is not a CL caliber coach, and we need to replace him with someone more capable. He has one tactic and when that doesn't work, he's completely devoid of any ideas. I know he is likeable but this is a soccer team not a Miss Congeniality contest; at least 5 players in the starting 11 have no business starting in a CL game and I don't think keep deploying them is somehow going to turn those frogs into a prince. We also need to seriously beef up our supporting staff as well. Our training staff, for example, is atrocious and killed this season with their inability to keep players away from the treatment table.

I hope we can get a win and finally get back to CL, because if nothing else, losing Hakan and Donna, who are worth at least 70m combined, for nothing is going to be a disaster for us financially. But I also want the management to make the necessary changes to the team instead of the old "Pioli made the CL, how dare you say he is not a good coach!" rhetoric.

The last time we faced Atalanta and they beat us 3-0, they also had a game midweek a few days earlier. I don't think tired legs gets this team. 

Agree with everything else. Especially Pioli not being a CL caliber coach, he certainly isn't. 

Another important element to note here is that Gasperini played his entire youth career as a player (10 years or so) with Juventus. He is also being touted to replace Pirlo next season. Trust me when I say that I think they'll do anything they can to beat us.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39