AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: 2012-13 Champions League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I was under the impression that Robinho didn't perform well enough in the trequartista role. He needs to play closer to goal, so either as one of two strikers or possibly as a WF. Same thing goes for SES really. Bojan I honestly don't know.
(09-04-2012, 11:27 PM)Gio-mania Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression that Robinho didn't perform well enough in the trequartista role. He needs to play closer to goal, so either as one of two strikers or possibly as a WF. Same thing goes for SES really. Bojan I honestly don't know.

Robinho is a LWF, so if these rumors which are surfacing all over the internet are true, that would be the smartest thing Allegri has done to date.Okmilan
it will not be 4-2-3-1
but it will be 4-3-3
just like his cagliari days
(09-04-2012, 10:45 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: [ -> ]Geo, where did you hear these rumors? or are you joking around?

If so, I think we should. Especially when Muntari comes back. Our midfield is a bit weak to play 3 midfielders, the 4-2-3-1 would allow 5 to be in the midfield and help out defending.

I'd like to see if anyone can explain why a formation like this wouldn't work?

[Image: 514516_A_C__Milan.jpg]

It would work quite well actually. Back under Carlito, we used to play through the middle because our players were more adept to doing so, which is why he made us play the diamond.

With two defensive mids (or at least one defensive and one box-to-box) We would be able to provide additional defensive cover, whilst our four up front will be able to be supported by our flying fullbacks. DS, Abate and even Nini at times tend to run up to play the ball, most of the time in the last two seasons, I've noticed that Allegri adjusted by forcing one side or the other to stay back (Nini in most cases) to balance things out in the back. If we have two DMs both flanks can fly ala Cafu-Serginho days. This gives us two more options up front and makes us that much more unpredictable in attack, whilst conceding nothing in the back.

The tactic however, depends on how unpredictable our supporting three are in the attacking third. Bojan, Binho, Niang, Urby can all play the two wings. Pazz or Pato up front, with Monty/Prince/SES as the middle attacker.

As for the DM spots, De Jong/Noce/Ambro/Muntari/Constant (maybe)/Traore

Essentially if we really have switched to this formation, we actually have two players covering every position currently (regardless of how good or bad they are at it).

Did I miss anything?
@Elmago

This formation seems more appropriate than any other at the moment. Even if tey are not WC players our attackers are full of potential and class. All of them at one point were were considered huge prospect or were world beaters. Bojan,Pazzini,Pato,Robinho,Boateng,SES and u can add Emanuelson and Montolivo as possible ACM in there. None of them is actual WC but I`d rely more on them when it comes to creating than the midfielders we have at out disposal.

If we had Muntari available, him and De jong would make great pairing at DM as both of them are good at protecting the defense and solid passers. With Robinho,Boateng and Montolivo we would have movement, unpredictability. work rate,creativity,pace and most importantly great pressing game in the final third of the pitch. The Striker would be btw Pazzo/Pato. its anyone's guess.

In theory this would work well, but my issue is that atm the only one that can replace Muntari is Ambrosini and, I`m not sure weather he is up to the task anymore.
One more thing is thaat Nocerino,Flamini,Constant,Traore will be left in no mans land. I don`t care for the others but I am not giving up on Nocerino yet. He was not a fluke last seaon, he managed to keep it up all season long. He has stillsmth to give and we should not give up on him so easily after two bad games.
I agree that our play has to be wider as the fullbacks are very poor. Cafu, Serginho, Even Jankilovski and Oddo were all able to penetrate much better than the new guys. Every opponent had to adjust their formation due to our superiority in numbers and technique in the middle. That left our sides with lots of space and opened many one on one situations to our backs. Now we have fast, but poor both in vision and technique, Abate on the right and insecure Luca on the left. None of them is able to solve one on one so support from middle players in attack is good solution, but that leaves us exposed in the middle if we don't set high work rate. The biggest mistake we made in last 5 years was not buying world class full backs and now we have to change our game philosophy due to that fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4698UdNif_U
(see the difference?)
(09-04-2012, 10:45 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: [ -> ]Geo, where did you hear these rumors? or are you joking around?

If so, I think we should. Especially when Muntari comes back. Our midfield is a bit weak to play 3 midfielders, the 4-2-3-1 would allow 5 to be in the midfield and help out defending.

I'd like to see if anyone can explain why a formation like this wouldn't work?

[Image: 514516_A_C__Milan.jpg]

There were rumours (I saw it mostly on milannews) yesterday that we're considering 4-2-3-1. This might not be a permanent solution, but one of our systems we can change to.

I do like your lineup, it's well balanced, although I'd change the back around. I'd go with De Sciglio (as LB), Acerbi, Bonera/Zapata/Mexes and Abate.

I think it gets complicated in midfield. For now (no point considering Muntari until he returns), I'd go with Montolivo and De Jong in DM to have one destroyer and one passer, although both have proven to be solid so far.

My worry about this is finding the balance in front then. I'm keen to see us pressing high up the pitch and so it's important whoever plays in the line of 3 are prepared to press opponents. Robinho works hard but rarely wins the ball back high up the pitch, while El Shaarawy and Bojan aren't known for their defensive contributions (I'd place a lot of hope in them being young and therefore prepared to learn). This means Boateng is key in pressing opponents high. Problem is he's unpredictable, some days an absolute guarantee to force opponents into mistakes, while other days he seems uninterested and lazy (or worse doing something stupid like when he got sent off vs Juve last year).

Pato and Pazzini are key to the system too imo, as they'll lead the line in very different ways and so it's important to utilise their strengths. Pato, prior to last season when he started getting injured after playing 15 minutes, was very mobile and active up front and so we'd need to try and get that back. Pazzini thrives more on crosses from wide areas into the box, so I'd like to see how Urby would play on the left when he starts.

I must admit I like the system, it gives us flexibility, though admittedly it does feel that if we go for this system, we'd end up with a lot of dead weight in the squad, with guys like Nocerino, Traore (I've not seen anything to convince me he'll be good as a DM yet), Constant and Flamini all becoming less valuable.
Fullbacks are good to have but it depends on the strikers. We can do well with pato and pazzini as our centre striker because you need players who can header well and are good at finishing. When we had cafu and sergino we also had pippo and shevchenko let's not forget. Now we have downgraded versions of them two with pazzini and pato
Essentially with all the players.
[Image: 516777_A_C__Milan.jpg]

And you can switch it up as you please.

Aaaaand.... I forgot Niang! Big Grin
See that is a pretty solid team, but our defence... if we make it to the quarter final and at least finish top 2 in seria a i am happy. We should make winning coppa italia our goal for the season Big Grin

We will have achieved more then last season if we do that^ Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12