Summer transfer window 2018
(04-04-2018, 02:14 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: It's not so much about what you actually receive or spend, but what you show on the balance sheet. For example, club's might get paid in instalments, but they would show the total income on the balance sheet. Likewise, you might make a commitment to spend a large sum, but on the balance sheet only show he value of the first instalment.

Basically, the numbers get fudged to appear better.

i didn't know this was possible but if it is let's do that!
possible sales:

silva 28m
kalinic 15m
bacca 12m
bertolacci 4m
gomez 3m
zapata 2m
abate 1.5m
antontelli 1.5m
monty 1.5m
mauri 0.5m

TOTAL: 70m

very conservative prices. mirabelli's excellent at selling so i think he could probably get more for a few players. especially if we sell kalinic + bacca to china. there's talk of bringing in ivan marcano from porto for free as 4th cb. strinic would replace antonelli for free and we could promote promising youth team player bellanova for abate until conti heals or continue using borini as backup. badelj could also be picked up for free to replace monty. he's 5x the player.

if somebody pays suso's buyout clause (40m) and donnarumma's no-cl release clause (50m) we would have 160m to spend.
I'd keep Bacca if we're getting rid of Silva & Kalinic. Then I'd replace Silva with a top player, or at least the best we can get. We still need that depth of having 3 strikers in my opinion. At this point for the quality Bacca brings getting 10m-12m isn't even worth it. He's a good player and I bet how we're playing now he'd be doing even better. He's a heck of a lot better than Kalinic and quite probably any other sub striker we could get.
(04-04-2018, 04:18 PM)donlocatelli Wrote: i didn't know this was possible but if it is let's do that!

It's not. It's what you get when IT guys talk accounting! Looking at you Dev!  Sagrin Sagrin Devilol Okmilan

Basically any receivable we have when a club makes a commitment to pay us something will show on the balance sheet and "up" our assets...and every time we make a commitment to pay a club for buying a player, the sum has to be reported as a liability on the balance sheet, which will "up" our liabilities. The higher the assets over the liabilities, the better we look. That's the most basic gist of that. After that it gets really complicated with asset/player valuations, amortization, long term/short term liabilities, gains/losses on what we sell, etc, etc, etc. All of that stuff "flows" into the balance sheet numbers in some shape or form, but the specifics won't show up there for many of those items and instead show up on the Income Statement. 

Accounting on a football forum??? God...you guys had me going  Sagrin
(04-04-2018, 05:08 PM)WCmilan Wrote: I'd keep Bacca if we're getting rid of Silva & Kalinic. Then I'd replace Silva with a top player, or at least the best we can get. We still need that depth of having 3 strikers in my opinion. At this point for the quality Bacca brings getting 10m-12m isn't even worth it. He's a good player and I bet how we're playing now he'd be doing even better. He's a heck of a lot better than Kalinic and quite probably any other sub striker we could get.

i agree but i doubt bacca would agree to be third choice behind e.g. belotti and cutrone. i also wouldn't want him to stifle cutrone's development.

it's a shame we're on bad terms with raiola as balotelli for free would be a great pickup. i know he's a nut job but i think having a strong manager like gattuso would get the best out of him. just like mancini did at city.

seriously inter are killing us on the free transfers. de vrij + asamoah for free is awesome business. i'm not too pissed about asamoah as i rate rodriguez as being just as good on his day and strinic is actually a very underrated backup. he's 2x the player antontelli is.

but we should be prepared to go all out for bernard this summer. he's available for free and can cover both wings very well. 

if we sold donna + suso and replaced them with reina + bernard for free it wouldn't be a significant dip in quality and we'd have 160m (including 70m other sales) for new players.
(04-04-2018, 05:22 PM)nefremo Wrote: It's not. It's what you get when IT guys talk accounting! Looking at you Dev!  Sagrin Sagrin Devilol Okmilan

Basically any receivable we have when a club makes a commitment to pay us something will show on the balance sheet and "up" our assets...and every time we make a commitment to pay a club for buying a player, the sum has to be reported as a liability on the balance sheet, which will "up" our liabilities. The higher the assets over the liabilities, the better we look. That's the most basic gist of that. After that it gets really complicated with asset/player valuations, amortization, long term/short term liabilities, gains/losses on what we sell, etc, etc, etc. All of that stuff "flows" into the balance sheet numbers in some shape or form, but the specifics won't show up there for many of those items and instead show up on the Income Statement. 

Accounting on a football forum??? God...you guys had me going  Sagrin
hahaha, thanks for explaining  Okmilan tbh, I knew when posting I was doing the most awful job of trying to explain myself and admittedly made some mistakes so was expecting someone who knows this stuff to correct me (I thought it might be slifersd as I know he works or studies in finance). I do think my general point is right though, in that the way the numbers are presented (i.e. fudged) plays a role in how positive or negative your balance looks.
sabatini's been sacked by inter. now that's one former inter guy i wouldn't mind joining us! imagine what he could've done with the 200m+ last year.

if the clubs ownership switches to elliott i can see them firing mirabelli and hiring him.
(04-04-2018, 04:34 PM)donlocatelli Wrote: possible sales:

silva 28m - we could definitely get at least what we paid for him. He still has plenty of interest abroad
kalinic 15m - we already had interest at 20m from germany if i remember correctly
bacca 12m - Bacca will need to stay if we sell Silva
bertolacci 4m - surely we could get more than that for him
gomez 3m - about right
zapata 2m - might have to go for free
abate 1.5m - likewise
antontelli 1.5m - out of contract
monty 1.5m - might also have to go for free
mauri 0.5m - sell him for $0 with a % of the next transfer

TOTAL: 70m

very conservative prices. mirabelli's excellent at selling so i think he could probably get more for a few players. especially if we sell kalinic + bacca to china. there's talk of bringing in ivan marcano from porto for free as 4th cb. strinic would replace antonelli for free and we could promote promising youth team player bellanova for abate until conti heals or continue using borini as backup. badelj could also be picked up for free to replace monty. he's 5x the player.

if somebody pays suso's buyout clause (40m) and donnarumma's no-cl release clause (50m) we would have 160m to spend.

I would definitely get Badelj for free to replace Monty and send him on his way.
Marcano would be a good replacement considering there's been a lot of rumours about Musacchio leaving. We might end up having to look at 2 CBs if Musacchio asks to leave.
Sell off Gigio and Sign Perrin.
Bernard for me is a must!
As is Meyer.
All guys that would help add some quality and depth to the team with only wages to pay.
means
And Gigio has no clauses in his contract... Despite what the snake wanted, there was no clause put into the contract.

outs
Storari(retiring)
Antonelli - out of contract
Monto - I would push for mutual consent
Zapata - sell him for whatever anyone is willing to pay... even $0 if we have to.
Kalinic - 20-25(20- Germany 25-China)
Mauri - 0 with % option
Gigio - 60m was the rumoured figure PSG was willing to pay.
Sales total - 80-85

Ins
Reina - Free
Strinic - Free
Badelj - Free
Marcano - Free
Meyer - Free
Bernard - Free
Perrin - 15m (rumoured what we had as good as agreed to last season) - even better if we do something like offer 8 plus bertolacci
Ferreyra - Free... decent striker option who might be happier than Bacca sitting on the bench...

spend total - 15m

If we need to balance the books then we're sitting a comfortable 65-70 in front and if we don't need to balance the books then we could use some of that money to bring in someone like Vidal and Belotti(instead of Ferreyra)

I wouldn't give up on Andre Silva jsut yet or he'll become yet another player we send away who explodes elsewhere.
This isn't the ideal situation but we're likely going to be faced with a mercato on a budget so i'd rather get these guys fro free and pay the higher wages freeing up the transfer money to bring in someone like Vidal
I like the assessment and we're going to have to be clinical this mercato but we really need an impact signing or two

I see Perin going to Napoli
(04-05-2018, 12:18 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: I like the assessment and we're going to have to be clinical this mercato but we really need an impact signing or two

I see Perin going to Napoli

So do I. it's why we need to get on it early... have the deal done and dusted before the mercato even opens.

where did you hear about Bonucci potentially being on the way out?